Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's the added problem of the Victorian state election coming up in November. Which means the Liberals have got a major problem, and that's which election campaign would get top priority in terms of funding for the media advertising; the federal or the Victorian elections?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Federal election where they have government to lose is more important.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ralian-flag-design-gets-rid-of-the-union-jack
He's mighty f***ing arrogant for someone that's so far behind in the polls. That's also been my gripe with the Australia Day row, the government (and opposition) isn't even taking a position and defending, they are refusing to debate at all beyond saying it's not even up for one in the first place and that anybody questioning it is just s**t stirring.

He'll be like Rudd. Magically rediscover his forward thinking ideas out of office.

It could be a horrible year for Malcolm Turnbull coming up. The Liberals could be on the verge of losing three state elections-Tasmania, South Australia and Victoria-by the end of the year. If that scenario happens, then the rumours of a leadership challenge against Turnbull will only grow stronger.

It could be a horrible year for Malcolm Turnbull coming up. The Liberals could be on the verge of losing three state elections-Tasmania, South Australia and Victoria-by the end of the year. If that scenario happens, then the rumours of a leadership challenge against Turnbull will only grow stronger.

You can take Victoria out. Barring a catastrophe the Liberals will take Victoria in a landslide.

Can't save the car industry but are happy to inject 3.8 billion into the machinery of war. Those campaigners need to go.

Yankee lap-Dog....Though I doubt Shorten would be any different in bucking that trend.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ralian-flag-design-gets-rid-of-the-union-jack
He's mighty f***ing arrogant for someone that's so far behind in the polls. That's also been my gripe with the Australia Day row, the government (and opposition) isn't even taking a position and defending, they are refusing to debate at all beyond saying it's not even up for one in the first place and that anybody questioning it is just s**t stirring.

Totally the right approach to take. No need to waste time on the D grade flotsam and jetsam having a whinge.

You side with Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance if you like but don't expect decent people to get on board with filth like Tarneen Onus-Williams

Interesting article about the dark (and unspoken) side of Turnbull's proposed corporate tax cuts. Worth a read

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...t-after-scomo-s-tax-cuts-20180125-p4yyve.html

Pascoe continues to make an utter tool out of himself.

'it is possible that Australia may be dragged into a damaging race to the bottom on corporate tax rates' Lol.

'As usual with the tax cut chorus, it's built on dogmatic assertions and unquestionable belief in conservative theories, carefully avoiding contradictions evident in the real world'

He has gone full on Keynesian *. Using Norway as an example, what a fool and Sweden, yep they were forced to dramatically cut spending and taxes. Even worse, California, FFS, how has their min wage increase gone?

'As usual with the tax cut chorus, it's built on dogmatic assertions and unquestionable belief in conservative theories, carefully avoiding contradictions evident in the real world'

He has gone full on Keynesian ******. Using Norway as an example, what a fool and Sweden, yep they were forced to dramatically cut spending and taxes. Even worse, California, FFS, how has their min wage increase gone?

The article mentions California here:

In America, home of the crazy brave, the pin-up state for the conservative “cut government and they will come” brigade has been red-tape-and-tax-slashing Kansas, the antithesis of high-taxing-nanny-state California.

No comment on Kansas?

The lead sentence in the lowbrow excuse for a newspaper:

Malcolm Turnbull has stretched his lead over Bill Shorten as the preferred Prime Minister as Parliament prepares to return for the first sitting week of the year and the Opposition leader stands accused of taking Labor further to the left.

About this:

ZZPPG97.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing the feather duster still crowing about half a million new jobs

But didn’t rooster Abbott promis a million new jobs?

They are still a way behind the Rudd Gillard performance in that respect

They may, just not as much as the public hate Andrews. Guys job isn't particularly hard. He will get elected because he is going up against Andrews.

Not sure how this got into a Turnbull thread, but here goes.

The developers friend isn't liked - even in his own ranks - but he's pushing the 'fear' button extremely well and Andrews isn't going hard enough with return fire. Crime figures are down in most categories, the car jackings have been brought under control, and the Liberals so-called law and order record isn't anything to boast about having done little for police numbers and introduced law and order legislation in their last term which proved unworkable.

The last survey I saw showed the projected election figures would be around the same as those of the last one. Andrews big asset is incumbency and he'll do what all governments do and that is use taxpayers money to sell his governments achievements. And they are many.

Back to this thread. If Turnbull is found to have been aware of the Baaaaarnaby mess and has his finger prints all over the "creation" of a highly paid position in order to make the Baaaaaaarnaby issue 'go away', it's more lead in his saddle bag. Reckon him being the prime suspect in the NBA disaster and his hypocrisy in walking away from so many of his previously held positions will all come to the fore as time goes by. Then there's the Mad Monk who's more interested in dissing him than even Shorten.

The federal government's decision to form an 'alliance' or partnership in order to get rid of Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews and help Opposition Leader Matthew Guy win the Victorian election will come back to haunt PM Malcolm Turnbull and Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back