Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce would represent a major amount of votes for the Nats he is their hero.
Without him the Nats are going to be nearly wiped out by PHON at the next election
Not great for forming a coalition with just good as a reliable vote in the senate.

Expect to see a major split of the Coalition immediately after the next federal election. And two people will be blamed for the breakup-Malcolm Turnbull and Barnaby Joyce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expect to see a major split of the Coalition immediately after the next federal election. And two people will be blamed for the breakup-Malcolm Turnbull and Barnaby Joyce.

Liberals should call the Nationals bluff now and tell them it's over if they don't pick a new leader. Nationals would fold to them, the Liberals gift them seats and none of those campaigners have any interest in sitting on the crossbench on basic pay.

When was the last time there was a major split (or 'divorce') within the Coalition (ie Liberals and Nationals having a major fallout which caused the Coalition to split up)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This stinks of Abbott
That seems likely.

If he worms his way back into a position of power as a result of all this, he had better watch his own back for retaliatory strikes.

I'll bet his own backyard isn't squeaky clean.

Julie Bishop would probably regret not taking up the chance to be caretaker PM while Malcolm Turnbull is meeting President Trump in Washington next week, because it would've gave her the opportunity to show the Liberals (and the nation) how effective she would be as leader of the Liberals if Turnbull was pushed aside by his own party in a leadership spill.

The Turnball government has pretty much wasted the last 6 months or so. The marriage equality could have been dealt with much sooner if the the pollies just voted on it instead of the plebiscite Then the whole tit for tat drawn out citizenship saga and now the barnaby affair. And all this after all the Mad Abbott crap before

It seems that Malcolm Turnbull and Barnaby Joyce has forgotten the edict issued by former PM John Howard-'Disunity is death'.

And Howard would know what he was talking about. After all, who could ever forget the 'Joh for PM' debacle in 1987, which completely split the Coalition apart and handed Bob Hawke his third successive election victory. Howard was leader of the Liberals in that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back