Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught the tail end of Mal speaking on the radio, please someone reassure me that he didn't say something like...

"if you can't get a seat on a tram, it is likely to be overseas students"

If this is what we are reduced to when discussing migrants and/or refugess, what is wrong with this country? Shame!

Caught the tail end of Mal speaking on the radio, please someone reassure me that he didn't say something like...

"if you can't get a seat on a tram, it is likely to be overseas students"

If this is what we are reduced to when discussing migrants and/or refugess, what is wrong with this country? Shame!
That's out of context. He was saying immigration is no higher than in the past few years and there are a higher number of transient visitors like tourists and students. So seeing foreign people on the train isn't a sign immigration is on the rise, they might be a student or tourist.

That's out of context. He was saying immigration is no higher than in the past few years and there are a higher number of transient visitors like tourists and students. So seeing foreign people on the train isn't a sign immigration is on the rise, they might be a student or tourist.
Only got the end of it but still a strange analogy.

'Implicitly referencing the internal view points, Turnbull said: “If you feel there are more foreigners on the tram and you can’t get a seat on the tram, if that’s your perception, they are most likely students and visitors.”'

Still a pretty ordinary thing to say.
Education (International students) is one of the biggest export industries in the country.

Still a pretty ordinary thing to say.
Education (International students) is one of the biggest export industries in the country.
I don't think he was criticising it. He was telling people who think 'there's too many foreigners on my tram' that they aren't seeing the full picture. It's not a great analogy because it leaves him open to criticism from both sides but I don't think it was meant with any ill intent... this time.

I don't think he was criticising it. He was telling people who think 'there's too many foreigners on my team' that they aren't seeing the full picture. It's not a great analogy because it leaves him open to criticism from both sides but I don't think it was meant with any ill intent... this time.

His words left the door wide open for anyone with the axe to grind (against immigration) to walk right in.

I don't think he was criticising it. He was telling people who think 'there's too many foreigners on my tram' that they aren't seeing the full picture. It's not a great analogy because it leaves him open to criticism from both sides but I don't think it was meant with any ill intent... this time.
I agree about the ill intent, more like someone under pressure.

More reheating of policies and presenting them as mal brainwaves

Take note that it cannot happen till the Melbourne metro reduces loop congestion. It’s the closest you’ll get to an admission from the Libs that they were wrong wrong wrong

Surely the merchant banker knows that there is a contract in place, signed by Transurban and uncle Jeff to deny any rail to the airport until at least 2025.....that is the only reason why it hasn't been done.

North east link will provide another road route to the airport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone thought to ask if this money is conditional on the Guy winning the state election? That sort of caveat was popular for a while with the Libs.

They want the vics to pay extra to route the line past high point gather than the much cheaper vic preferred option.

The feds then make more money developing an old barracks to get their ‘donation’ back but still want to keep a stake in any profits from the line

Turnbull inc

You won’t read this in the herald sun

DT goes for the killer blow ( like he wasn't dead from the day he knifed the coward ).
Only way they could've made it more obvious is if they'd had a pic of Johnny Farnham next to him.

BTW , nobody " like " this post , wouldn't want certain people getting the salts....

DT goes for the killer blow ( like he wasn't dead from the day he knifed the coward ).
Only way they could've made it more obvious is if they'd had a pic of Johnny Farnham next to him.

BTW , nobody " like " this post , wouldn't want certain people getting the salts....

they are realllllly scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

I guess the only way you can criticise him from the right without hurting any delcon talking points is to fabricate through framing?

Johnny Farnham deserves better than to be associated with Turncoat Turnbull.

they are realllllly scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

I guess the only way you can criticise him from the right without hurting any delcon talking points is to fabricate through framing?

Not a new thing for these dogs.

Same article - different state

LOL

Agreed on the leaving open to criticism thing, because the anti-immigration brigade know full well that many International students stay on in Australia post-degree. As they should if they want. Presumably the PM was responding to a caller saying they couldn't get seats due to foreigners, and hopefully he'd already made the point that Melbourne's population is increasing more than Sydney, and is also seeing increased use of PT by locals.

Boundary/seat changes in SA.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...ees-port-adelaide-labor-seat-scrapped/9613402

Electoral Commission proposes scrapping South Australian Labor held seat of Port Adelaide
By political reporter Matthew Doran
Updated about an hour ago

Turnbull Government minister Christopher Pyne's South Australian electorate has avoided the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)'s scrapheap, with the commission instead targeting the Labor-held electorate of Port Adelaide.

Key points:
  • AEC nominates Labor-held Port Adelaide for abolishing, instead of Christopher Pyne's Sturt
  • Antony Green says redistribution will see Labor's notional vote in Port Adelaide's neighbouring electorates increase
  • Wakefield will be renamed Spence, after women's rights campaigner Catherine Helen Spence

Port Adelaide is currently held by Labor MP Mark Butler, who is the spokesman for energy and climate change on Bill Shorten's frontbench.

Mr Butler is currently campaigning for a second term as the ALP's national president.

The electorate of Wakefield will be renamed Spence, after Catherine Helen Spence, a campaigner for women to get the right to vote in South Australia in the late 1800s.

The AEC's decision to abolish one South Australian seat was foreshadowed after the 2016 election, as the state's population grows at a slower rate than other jurisdictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back