Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you name any "moderates" in the "liberal" party anymore? There aren't any are there? Any with any sort of pretensions of being moderate are just that, pretenders, so they disqualify themselves. Mind you, the Liberal Party are in the initial stages of what could well be their own 1955 period and I for one, am cheering them on!!

So would you say Australia is still a Conservative Country?? After all it looks like they have been returned. So the majority still enjoy the status quo.

The ALP/Gillard toppled Rudd because Rudd had stopped the wheels of an ALP government doing what it has always done, that is, progressing, going forward. He went into the foetal position and lost all his faculties.

He was removed because he had done his dash. Twice the Coalition/GREEN coterie group had rejected the ETS in the Senate at a time when there was an overwhelming positive response in the electorate for such a scheme but Rudd dithered! He was told by political hardheads in the ALP to go to an election on the issue but he dithered! He treated Ministers, staff and anyone you can think off as utter s**t and basically, the ALP government had become a LNP government in the fact that it had stood still.

It was the rank and file who had had enough of Rudd and told the Federal Parliamentary ALP members that Rudd was not up to the job and the vast majority knew this and acted. It was only the McKew types who reckon it was because of Rudd and Rudd alone, that they got into parliament and others who were promised "spoils" by the twerp that caused a stink. Gillard was a huge plus for the ALP when she was elected by the Party as leader. The little piece of s**t Rudd didn't even re-nominatethe for the leadership, in fact, before the vote was due to take place, Rudd announced that he was withdrawing his candidacy and resigned as Leader of the Labor Party with immediate effect! Any true Labor person would have put the Party first and pissed off out of Parliament but not Rudd. The filthy rat went to work at destroying an ALP government and by extension, creating a vacuum for the medieval wing of the Liberal Party, by far the most dominant faction of the Liberal Party because of the Howard purges, Rudd destroyed an ALP government and allowed the extremists to waltz into government.

The ALP replaced Rudd as leader for the pursuit and implementation of public policy. The Torries replaced Abbott with the slicker used car salesman to try and sell the electorate the same discredited Thatcherite policies that Abbott LNP had put in place. I for one, in a perverse way, want to see Turnbull form a minority government because this will completely rip the Conservatives apart. The medieval wing of the "liberals" hate Turnbull far more than they hate the ALP. They will become so disunited, that they will be decimated at the next Federal election, (within a year to eighteen months I reckon) and it will take them another two elections to get into a challenging position for the next election: that's 1,2,3,4 terms out of office minimum!

Theres a substantial number on each side who want the other side to take the stinging nettles firmly in their hands and weed them out, leaving clear fertile ground for them after another election

i'm suggesting by appealing to the fringe for too long, they would bleed actual liberals towards labor, as generally speaking being racist *******s aint good for business long term.
Interesting point that Sydney Bloods.

The cry from the so called "old time" Labourites is that the party has moved too much towards the center and even snuck into "right" territory. The "non-blue collar" Labourites say this is a good thing. The young people in the electorate are not "rusted on" to political parties just because their parents were and the whole political situation continues to evolve and that is why the ALP will always be around and the UAP/Liberal/Conservative will always revert back to what they have always been, the mouthpiece for big business, bankers, multinationals and the squattocracy. The only function of their mouthpiece is to control any of those who are not from that "class" because the more you can exploit and diminish the rights of those who have a lower station in life, the more wealth, the greater the status the "proper" people will have.

You do this by trying to con them but as the world keeps changing and evolving, as technology advances, it's harder to keep the deception going and because the ALP is a movement, a progressive party, they will always pick up their fair share of those who wake up to the Tory con job and if the Torries continue to strip away the veneers they have put in place to appeal to the general public, the more they lay themselves bare to who they really are and the uglier they become.

So would you say Australia is still a Conservative Country?? After all it looks like they have been returned. So the majority still enjoy the status quo.

There is nothing wrong with being conservative, I'm a social conservative, it's a lot different to being right wing money only apologist. Also at present count labor still have more than 50% of the vote.

The ALP/Gillard toppled Rudd because Rudd had stopped the wheels of an ALP government doing what it has always done, that is, progressing, going forward. He went into the foetal position and lost all his faculties.

He was removed because he had done his dash. Twice the Coalition/GREEN coterie group had rejected the ETS in the Senate at a time when there was an overwhelming positive response in the electorate for such a scheme but Rudd dithered! He was told by political hardheads in the ALP to go to an election on the issue but he dithered! He treated Ministers, staff and anyone you can think off as utter s**t and basically, the ALP government had become a LNP government in the fact that it had stood still.

It was the rank and file who had had enough of Rudd and told the Federal Parliamentary ALP members that Rudd was not up to the job and the vast majority knew this and acted. It was only the McKew types who reckon it was because of Rudd and Rudd alone, that they got into parliament and others who were promised "spoils" by the twerp that caused a stink. Gillard was a huge plus for the ALP when she was elected by the Party as leader. The little piece of s**t Rudd didn't even re-nominatethe for the leadership, in fact, before the vote was due to take place, Rudd announced that he was withdrawing his candidacy and resigned as Leader of the Labor Party with immediate effect! Any true Labor person would have put the Party first and pissed off out of Parliament but not Rudd. The filthy rat went to work at destroying an ALP government and by extension, creating a vacuum for the medieval wing of the Liberal Party, by far the most dominant faction of the Liberal Party because of the Howard purges, Rudd destroyed an ALP government and allowed the extremists to waltz into government.

The ALP replaced Rudd as leader for the pursuit and implementation of public policy. The Torries replaced Abbott with the slicker used car salesman to try and sell the electorate the same discredited Thatcherite policies that Abbott LNP had put in place. I for one, in a perverse way, want to see Turnbull form a minority government because this will completely rip the Conservatives apart. The medieval wing of the "liberals" hate Turnbull far more than they hate the ALP. They will become so disunited, that they will be decimated at the next Federal election, (within a year to eighteen months I reckon) and it will take them another two elections to get into a challenging position for the next election: that's 1,2,3,4 terms out of office minimum!
That's the official narrative and it's bullshit. There's truth to it, of course, but Gillard herself admitted the impetus for her challenge was Rudd sounding out her loyalty and leaking it to newspapers. It's why they struggled to communicate the reasons for ousting him. There's enough shade to go around for both sides here.

And I'll say it again, if Gillard hadn't knifed Rudd, they would have won the 2010 election and Abbott would have been booted. Everything we have suffered through over the last seven years can be traced back to that decision to oust a first term PM in the middle of the night.

Because of our parliamentary system, when a party gets routed at an election, it normally takes at least one election before you can even be in a position to win enough of the seats to form government: it's a sort of protection against humungous change all in one go and if political history has taught us anything in this country, it's that the electorate aren't into massive change in double quick time.

People knock our system of government and I'm sure that the Greens and the LNP are cursing themselves for changing the Senate voting process but for mine, I am absolutely proud of our system of government even though sometimes, I'm really angry at some of the governments we get, I would never like to see our current system change because like it or not, the government we get is the government we elect and we do that in a most democratic way.

As for your question as to whether or not Australia is still a conservative country, I would say that we have always been conservative in how we approach change but I think that we are not, in the main, intellectually conservative.

Can you name any "moderates" in the "liberal" party anymore? There aren't any are there? Any with any sort of pretensions of being moderate are just that, pretenders, so they disqualify themselves. Mind you, the Liberal Party are in the initial stages of what could well be their own 1955 period and I for one, am cheering them on!!

Well Turnbull is one, he is, well was before the election, beholden to the hard right for policy. He was on one tight leash. Frydenberg comes across as a social liberal, just conservative economics. It is slim pickings however if they want to be a power and at the very least survive then they need to reform and realise the myth that they were correct in opposing the dumping of Abbott.

Well Turnbull is one, he is, well was before the election, beholden to the hard right for policy. He was on one tight leash. Frydenberg comes across as a social liberal, just conservative economics. It is slim pickings however if they want to be a power and at the very least survive then they need to reform and realise the myth that they were correct in opposing the dumping of Abbott.
They are in a lot of trouble Sinjin.

That's the official narrative and it's bullshit. There's truth to it, of course, but Gillard herself admitted the impetus for her challenge was Rudd sounding out her loyalty and leaking it to newspapers. It's why they struggled to communicate the reasons for ousting him. There's enough shade to go around for both sides here.

And I'll say it again, if Gillard hadn't knifed Rudd, they would have won the 2010 election and Abbott would have been booted. Everything we have suffered through over the last seven years can be traced back to that decision to oust a first term PM in the middle of the night.
Fair enough matey. I would suggest though that Rudd got it for the same reason that Hawke got it, that is, they deviated big time from ALP policy. Hawke wanted to give more power back to the States and Rudd just didn't want to do anything but stare at his navel and not follow through on ALP policy. Regardless though, both were told by their colleagues that the their time was up and that's it. Hawke got out the way, Rudd thought he was El Presidente for life and fought a guerrilla campaign against his own party. He is the servant of the party, not the other way 'round.

Getting into bed with her co-conspirators was a bit tough on my stomach. Always hated those turds

A conservative country, but we love certain public institutions and woe betide those who mess with them without improving them.

Our big private companies, often duopolies, are quite predatory and we have an inbuilt distrust

A conservative country, but we love certain public institutions and woe betide those who mess with them without improving them.
Libs have constantly squeezed and wrecked what we love
Medicare ABC SBS CSIRO Unis Tafes
without improving them

Fair enough matey. I would suggest though that Rudd got it for the same reason that Hawke got it, that is, they deviated big time from ALP policy. Hawke wanted to give more power back to the States and Rudd just didn't want to do anything but stare at his navel and not follow through on ALP policy. Regardless though, both were told by their colleagues that the their time was up and that's it. Hawke got out the way, Rudd thought he was El Presidente for life and fought a guerrilla campaign against his own party. He is the servant of the party, not the other way 'round.
There's no doubt Rudd is a massive narcissist and acted like a spoiler child. But I also understand why he would defend his reputation. It was becoming the official narrative that he was hopeless and a loose cannon, which I don't think is entirely fair, and that Gillard was a reluctant PM, when she was in fact driven by her own personal ambitions. There's plenty of blame to go round for everyone over that debacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because of our parliamentary system, when a party gets routed at an election, it normally takes at least one election before you can even be in a position to win enough of the seats to form government: it's a sort of protection against humungous change all in one go and if political history has taught us anything in this country, it's that the electorate aren't into massive change in double quick time.

People knock our system of government and I'm sure that the Greens and the LNP are cursing themselves for changing the Senate voting process but for mine, I am absolutely proud of our system of government even though sometimes, I'm really angry at some of the governments we get, I would never like to see our current system change because like it or not, the government we get is the government we elect and we do that in a most democratic way.

As for your question as to whether or not Australia is still a conservative country, I would say that we have always been conservative in how we approach change but I think that we are not, in the main, intellectually conservative.
Labor did alright in Queensland coming from 7 seats in the previous parliament

they've been returned with a reduced majority and a result that mirrors that of 98.

I would say Australia is a liberal country with no desire for far-right politic that Abbott and Co offer..listening to Credlin and Bolt it's clear to me that even they don't get it, Abbott would've been annihilated had he lead them to the polls and they speak of squandering a majority.

they rattle on like Abbott was the main reason for winning in 2013..ALP was on the nose back then and people were also hoodwinked by Abbott's scare-campaign. The LNP itself has a huge issue to deal with..on the one hand it has the far-right conservatives and the other is the more moderate, a-la Turnbull, but the far right won't let him govern.

The senate wont either because they dont pass the fairness test
Turnbull wont/cant admit to that publicly either.

If he can get his small business tax cuts through the senate this time
He will be going to the next election just promising tax cuts to the rich and corporations.

Last edited:
If he gets 76, he'll live. If he doesn't, RIP.
If they kill him at 75
They need a bi election
They will just wet beds and implode either way
I kinda agree with both. Turnbull needs the shambles so any defectors are threatened by being in opposition if they play up. I still think they'll probably only get 75 and Katter may choose to go Labor as they are stable, but if they manage 76 by themselves or with Katter then they all have an uneasy truce and Bernadi can threaten Turnbull while Turnbull can threaten Bernadi. Then they wait for 30 Newspolls to remove MT without him quitting. ;)

Turnbull needs to rely on the bed wetters lying quietly in their cold,wet, smelly, piss soaked beds.
and thats before he buys Katter a new train set and hopes he turns up to vote or the senate to pass the zombie measures.
#feelthestability

they've been returned with a reduced majority and a result that mirrors that of 98.

I would say Australia is a liberal country with no desire for far-right politic that Abbott and Co offer..listening to Credlin and Bolt it's clear to me that even they don't get it, Abbott would've been annihilated had he lead them to the polls and they speak of squandering a majority.

they rattle on like Abbott was the main reason for winning in 2013..ALP was on the nose back then and people were also hoodwinked by Abbott's scare-campaign. The LNP itself has a huge issue to deal with..on the one hand it has the far-right conservatives and the other is the more moderate, a-la Turnbull, but the far right won't let him govern.
People voted Labor out and Abbott was the lucky dip prize

Australia does tend towards Conservatism in the ' if it aint broke why fix/change it'' mold.

He's finished.

Agree 100%. Hard to see Malcolm suddenly acquiring judgement over night is it?.

The question is, are the Liberals finished too? I think they are.

When the bedwetters turfed Abbott they also turfed and trashed Loughnane and Credlin - ie the triumvirate that had run the ruthless, professional, disciplined, winning campaigns of 2010 and 2013. Labor couldn't believe its luck in the big city.
The team that ran 2016 had never run a federal election campaign before. Neither had any of the Liberal State directors, except one.
ie - the Liberal party handed the 2016 campaign over to novices, all of whom, like the media, were paralysed in homage to the Great Turnbull.

That was why the Liberal logo got changed to the Turnbull team.

Can't see Turnbull and Nutt ever admitting their fatal errors of judgement and competence. Can't see the supine Turnbull homage media holding them to account. Most likely course is that political numskull Turnbull (as Nick Champion described him this week) will bumble on merrily, Chauncey Gardiner like, smiling his fatuous rictus at the TV cameras when exiting the pink mansion until Bill Shorten and Labor wins his landslide at next election, the Libs are effed and the cheshire rictus fades to nothing

Last edited:
When the bedwetters turfed Abbott they also turfed and trashed Loughnane and Credlin - ie the triumvirate that had run the ruthless, professional, disciplined, winning campaigns of 2010 and 2013. Labor couldn't believe its luck in the big city.
No. That is completely wrong. Abbott was Shortens reflux. The gift that keeps on giving. With Abbott in charge at this election he could scream Boats/Terrorists/Boats all day long. He was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back