male sports keeping female affiliates afloat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Without tv/promo money, the automotive industry is still enormous and generates a lot of money on its own. Without tv/promo money, how much could other sports/competitions generate? Unlike the top footy players of the time, top Grand Prix drivers of the past (I'll even say stretching as far back as the 30s. If not, before that) weren't needing to supplement their income with "normal" jobs/careers from monday to friday.

But why would a woman be paid more than the three top men put together?

But why would a woman be paid more than the three top men put together?
I thought you meant generally speaking. However even without tv, a woman as legitimately as good as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel,would generate huge interest.

But then even if you took away all that a looked at it from a purely motor racing point of view. I've just looked up that women on average are 10-15kgs lighter than men. It's a no brainer. F1/Racing car engineers love lighter weight drivers. If there was a woman of similar ability to the drivers I've mentioned, the teams would be all over her (not in that way).

Lighter weight, better weight distribution. That's a major reason why F1 teams spend $100s millions on the cars, to get them that light.

I thought you meant generally speaking. However even without tv, a woman as legitimately as good as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel,would generate huge interest.

But then even if you took away all that a looked at it from a purely motor racing point of view. I've just looked up that women on average are 10-15kgs lighter than men. It's a no brainer. F1/Racing car engineers love lighter weight drivers. If there was a woman of similar ability to the drivers I've mentioned, the teams would be all over her (not in that way).

Lighter weight, better weight distribution. That's a major reason why F1 teams spend $100s millions on the cars, to get them that light.

OK, thanks, now I'm with you.

I always thought that sort of logic would apply also to jockeys. Whist there are quite a lot of women jockeys, considering so many more women would fit the jockey size and weight profile than men you would think it would be an occupation dominated by women but it isn't.

The only problem with this, is that these women that are as good as Vettel, Alonso + Hamilton etc, they DON'T EXIST!
Women drivers are not as good as men. Plain and simple

The only problem with this, is that these women that are as good as Vettel, Alonso + Hamilton etc, they DON'T EXIST!
Women drivers are not as good as men. Plain and simple

I think women are good drivers generally but don't, generally speaking, have the specific attributes that would make them good F1 drivers. (Yes, I am making generalisations and I am well aware there are exceptions). I've come to the same conclusion about jockeys. Not many women have the specific requirements to be good at it despite the fact that they are generally smaller and lighter than men. A lot of what makes men what they are transfers well to into sport. Call it agression, killer instinct, risk taking whatever you like but men have more of it than women (generally speaking of course). Does this mean women should not play sport and compete at an elite level? Definitely not, but they will not be able to compete effectively with men in most cases.

This thread just gets me back to the Futurama episode Amazon Women in the Mood.

Women's basketball is better because it has good fundamentals.
Futurama.png

This thread just gets me back to the Futurama episode Amazon Women in the Mood.

Women's basketball is better because it has good fundamentals.
View attachment 148546

It's still much slower and less explosive.

However compared to other female sports basketball is one of the better quality female sports to watch.

Can someone please explain how approx. 16 sets of SERENA sets v's FEDS OR NADAL'S more than double amount justifies equal pay ,I am but a poor male with a poorer IQ but something doesn't seem fair .

The general trend is to shorter sports events.
I've long thought the sets should reflect the games, get two ahead or best of five - both men and women

some of the one sided mens games would be shortened, the good womens games would be extended - it would equal out in time but the overall standard would rise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please explain how approx. 16 sets of SERENA sets v's FEDS OR NADAL'S more than double amount justifies equal pay ,I am but a poor male with a poorer IQ but something doesn't seem fair .

That is the decision of the organisers, pretty much every tour event on both the ATP and WTA play best of three sets, but the ITF which manages the grand slams only wants the men to play best of five.

That is the decision of the organisers, pretty much every tour event on both the ATP and WTA play best of three sets, but the ITF which manages the grand slams only wants the men to play best of five.
thank you ,appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back