Discussion Maligned designs you like (and opposite)

zanegptt

Draftee
Jun 26, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
The Suns have only ever worn white shorts on a red jumper twice, and both times it was a red based indigenous jumper
The 21 times the wave jumper was worn in the season, it was always with red shorts.

Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns (2015)Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns (2017)
View attachment 901958View attachment 901959

i actually like the suns indigenous jumpers and yeah that was the first time i have seen them with red jersey white shorts, other than that photo i posted

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
Power.png

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
I’m only just seeing this now and I could be reading too much into it... but are those lines of triangles, with the yoke, supposed to be the prison bars?
yes, & pouring rain in a thunderstorm. Squint when you look at it and the bars become more prominent too - a bit clearer in this picture:
1593508417615.png

I thought this was a terrific clash jumper: a really clever & underrated design I reckon.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
a seemingly well liked design that i don't like.

1593524512994.png

A lot of North supporters seem to be constantly clamoring for a version of this jumper to be worn but personally I don't like it at all. This is the equivalent of the jumper port wear now, we had to adopt it because the jumper we'd worn in the VFA before joining the VFL was too close to Carlton's jumper, and the blue and white stripes we'd won several VFA flags in were too similar to Collingwood's black and white. This jumper was worn for 7 years and in those 7 years North finished last 4 times with two winless seasons, only getting as high as 8th in a 12 team competition. One of the leanest periods in the club's history, and I don't see any reason to commemmorate it.

North Melbourne are blue and white stripes. That's all we should ever wear. We wore all kinds of crazy away jumpers in the period leading up to the club almost dying and I say enough experimentation, we've got a strong design and a consistent brand and there's no need to muddy the waters wearing radically different designs. It seems like they're sticking to blue and white stripes now, occasionally wheeling out the bounding roo to commemorate the 90s (a period that actually deserves it), and that's as far as it should go.

Last edited:
a seemingly well liked design that i don't like.

View attachment 903635

A lot of North supporters seem to be constantly clamoring for a version of this jumper to be worn but personally I don't like it at all. This is the equivalent of the jumper port wear now, we had to adopt it because the jumper we'd worn in the VFA before joining the VFL was too close to Carlton's jumper, and the blue and white stripes we'd won several VFA flags in were too similar to Collingwood's black and white. This jumper was worn for 7 years and in those 7 years North finished last 4 times with two winless seasons, only getting as high as 8th in a 12 team competition. One of the leanest periods in the club's history, and I don't see any reason to commemmorate it.

North Melbourne are blue and white stripes. That's all we should ever wear. We wore all kinds of crazy away jumpers in the period leading up to the club almost dying and I say enough experimentation, we've got a strong design and a consistent brand and there's no need to muddy the waters wearing radically different designs. It seems like they're sticking to blue and white stripes now, occasionally wheeling out the bounding roo to commemorate the 90s (a period that actually deserves it), and that's as far as it should go.

Never thought about that, because I was in the same boat, I thought it was a great striking design but yeah given the historical angle I completely agree with you.

This one is an absolute ripper imo.

adelaide.jpg

Crows fans always wince at it or call it cursed. Obviously we only wore it in away clashes at a time when we were s**t away from home (as opposed to just generally s**t like now) so of course we were going to have some bad losses in it.

Personally I love it.

adelaide.jpg

Crows fans always wince at it or call it cursed. Obviously we only wore it in away clashes at a time when we were sh*t away from home (as opposed to just generally sh*t like now) so of course we were going to have some bad losses in it.

Personally I love it.
I love this jumper. I think I remember seeing someone do an 'ochrefied' version of this jumper on this forum right back in the early days, could be wrong though. Would be impossible to find to now I reckon with so many broken images in those old threads, perhaps it was just in my dreams.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory

adelaide.jpg

Crows fans always wince at it or call it cursed. Obviously we only wore it in away clashes at a time when we were sh*t away from home (as opposed to just generally sh*t like now) so of course we were going to have some bad losses in it.

Personally I love it.

Yeah, of all our "cartooon-y" clash jumpers, this was the best one. From a distance it just looked pretty much like a red-based hoops jumper. Unfortunately it will always remind me and most Crows fans of Franklin kicking 7 in the 2007 Elimination Final.

anyone thinking of talking sh*t about the ochre best know I’m watching, and I’ll come for you.

DecisiveHarshFlamingo-small.gif

Back