Status
Not open for further replies.

enforcer7

Senior List
Mar 2, 2008
Mildura
AFL Club
Geelong
Must agree! You can't post claims about football clubs offering $$$, then hide behind "private conversations".

Anthony Close, Brodie Williamson maybe a couple of young blokes your referrering too?
1 of them, and i can post claims about clubs offering $$:mad:, good on them i say

Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

Trent will probably be playin pioneers this year, so the cats might not see him much this year.

Re: Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Why do Mallee teams target the Sunraysia clubs that are struggling (Merbein, Red Cliffs etc) and poach their young kids ? I have heard $500 for a just out of U18's boy that has not proven himself in Seniors at all. And, you can't blame these kids for taking the money. Are these payments per week or per GAME? Some Millewa Clubs offer blokes $ $ per game, when these kids don't make the grade they are left on the boundary line to drink cans all day. At least most would still get a Reserves game at their former SFL Club who are struggling for numbers. There certainly needs to be some restrictions on recruiting or at the very least a Player Points System introduced.

"Why do Mallee teams target the Sunraysia clubs that are struggling (Merbein, Red Cliffs etc) and poach their young kids ? I have heard $500 for a just out of U18's boy that has not proven himself in Seniors at all. And, you can't blame these kids for taking the money. Are these payments per week or per GAME? Some Millewa Clubs offer blokes $ $ per game, when these kids don't make the grade they are left on the boundary line to drink cans all day. At least most would still get a Reserves game at their former SFL Club who are struggling for numbers. There certainly needs to be some restrictions on recruiting or at the very least a Player Points System " Don't worry catsgut they are targetting a lot of players in the central murray as well. I can't blame the players as the money is ridiculous. i am assuming they are all cashed up with a good crop last year

There are just as many players originally from the mallee who are playing in both of those leagues for cash than there are 'poached'. people play abroad for many reasons, not just money. maybe you guys should have a bit of a look internally before you start whining about stealing players. quit crying about it, thats how country footy works now

There are just as many players originally from the mallee who are playing in both of those leagues for cash than there are 'poached'. people play abroad for many reasons, not just money. maybe you guys should have a bit of a look internally before you start whining about stealing players. quit crying about it, thats how country footy works now
well said. sh!t clubs cant keep theyre players because they are sh!t clubs. im sick of central murray and sunrasia queers sooking about losing players. your club pays players as well.

ouyen had a praccy against mildura on saturday and got up over 6 quarters by a goal or 2. another one this weekend against woorinen over there
walpy u/bool havin a hitout against lameroo this weekend i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ultima must be travelling well? woomelang were stuggling for numbers i heard?

Definitely weren't struggling for numbers. Had 10+ on the bench and only missing 3 or so from their best 22. Ultima won't set the world on fire in the golden rivers and they only had about 7-8 from their senior side playing so was a disappointing display.

Played north bendigo at birchip yesterday, 6 quarters, played best sides for first couple was quite even then hopetoun bought some seconds players on an the score blew out by 6 goals, then got pegd back to go down by 4 pts, hard to gauge how good sides are, with seconds an seniors mixd through both sides and also few senior players missin, it was a good effort by hopetoun to mix it with a handy district side from bendigo. recruits went well still few missing

Woomelang, who knows, could go either way depending on the luck they had the last few years with recruits?
Beulah on the other will fail miserably this year, too bad their heads have gotten to big for them to carry it. Sea Lake by 30 points + this weekend.

watch out for j alderton for sea lake tigers, he will make robert lindsay seem like a girl, puts the fear into alot of people

hahaha. so what are peoples tips 4 round 1?

Beulah by 50+ points
United by 2 goals
Walpy by 5 goals

No one will touch Beulah this year. Lost hardly any and signed DAVID KING!!!

Hopetoun massive improvers, might at least test the Blues. J/R, United, S/L and Walpy will fight it out for the finals. Woomey will improve...but not enough. League will be very strong this season.

Beulah by 50+ points
United by 2 goals
Walpy by 5 goals

No one will touch Beulah this year. Lost hardly any and signed DAVID KING!!!

Hopetoun massive improvers, might at least test the Blues. J/R, United, S/L and Walpy will fight it out for the finals. Woomey will improve...but not enough. League will be very strong this season.
beulah suporter im guessing? s/l have recruited really well i will be suprised if the margin is more than half of what you think but thats just what i think. how will united go this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back