Moved Thread Malthouse almost imploded with rage during interview.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe if he didnt act like such a grumpy old sook since leaving, then the fans would actually still like him or miss him.
Don't think it's an act to be honest. He is an old sook, don't blame him either, we're watching the old ways of professional football die, and the league is becoming all about profits and becoming bigger.

I think in many Collingwood supporters there is still an underlying love for Mick, and many wish he was still coaching. At least that's what I see in my mum and sister, and some friends.

The Dog

All Australian
Aug 21, 2012
Carlton North
AFL Club
Carlton
Mick gave the umpires a nice old spray last night. We haven't seen a coach bag the umps like that for a long time. His press conference lasted for about three and a half minutes. At least two whole minutes was spent whinging about the umpires. He complained about the free kick count, moaned about Murphy not getting a free kick, belly-ached about a dozen holding the ball decisions that weren't paid to Carlton. Mick asked what had happened to the rules in his 12 months out of the game.

Malthouse's pissing and moaning has dominated the post-match discussion. Newspapers and radio has been non-stop coverage of the umpiring. Tallback radio this morning was hours of umpire bashing. This is the main reason why the AFL put a gag on coaches bagging the umpires, but Mick clearly thinks he is bigger than the game itself and above the rules. Hopefully the AFL puts the cranky old sook back in his place

James Hird described Scott McLaren as a "disgrace" and biased against Essendon. He was fined $20,000. Alastair Clarkson was once asked about an umpire and he replied "He's a good player that No.17 wasn't he? He's a ripper". He was fined $5000

I reckon $10,000 should cover it.
Money well spent, in any case Jeanie's got it covered :thumbsu:

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Tore strips off Rohan Connolly pre game which was undeserved. Losing the plot already.

Definitely losing the plot. It's one thing to be a bit narky after a loss but what was his excuse for his appalling performance in this pre-match interview? So he was asked a question about Collingwood, so what? All coaches get the same annoying awkward questions, how many times has Clarko being asked whether Buddy is staying or going? Totally unprofessional. He may be able to dictate terms when he's coaching his players but the media deserve to be treated with a bit more respect. He's always treated everyone with contempt but it's getting worse. He thinks he's so smart putting everyone in their place but he is just coming over as bitter old fool these days. Needs to be called out on most of the rubbish he spouts too, he's not saying anything profound he's just talking gibberish.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Definitely losing the plot. It's one thing to be a bit narky after a loss but what was his excuse for his appalling performance in this pre-match interview? So he was asked a question about Collingwood, so what? All coaches get the same annoying awkward questions, how many times has Clarko being asked whether Buddy is staying or going? Totally unprofessional. He may be able to dictate terms when he's coaching his players but the media deserve to be treated with a bit more respect. He's always treated everyone with contempt but it's getting worse. He thinks he's so smart and putting everyone in their place but he is just coming over as bitter old fool these days. Needs to be called out on most of the rubbish he spouts too, he's not saying anything profound he's just talking gibberish.
If I remember correctly, I think Rohan asked him about Collingwood several weeks ago.

Australia's media have a tendency to be very annoying.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't think it's an act to be honest. He is an old sook, don't blame him either, we're watching the old ways of professional football die, and the league is becoming all about profits and becoming bigger.

I think in many Collingwood supporters there is still an underlying love for Mick, and many wish he was still coaching. At least that's what I see in my mum and sister, and some friends.

Imo this all irrelevant. You can question or state a POV all you like but you do it in a manner that is relevant to the situation and he just is so self centred he just cant help himself but be a knob doing it.

Absolutely no class. Look at the way Hird constantly answers the same question over and over again and never cracks the sads or belittles the media doing their jobs. Hypocrite of the highest order which is a shame as he's a great coach. Its amazing he gets out of these pressers without tripping over his bottom lip.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
the way your mob is traveling under figjam, Collingwood is no certainty to be featuring in finals either
I suggest a Collingwood supporter quoting their coaches three year tenure would never quote 66 games - there is always the assumption that we play finals, and plenty of them.

I do understand why you did it as a Carlton supporter though.

Mervyn Beasley

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 12, 2007
Yarraville
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hibs FC, Blackburn Rovers
Definitely losing the plot. It's one thing to be a bit narky after a loss but what was his excuse for his appalling performance in this pre-match interview? So he was asked a question about Collingwood, so what? All coaches get the same annoying awkward questions, how many times has Clarko being asked whether Buddy is staying or going? Totally unprofessional. He may be able to dictate terms when he's coaching his players but the media deserve to be treated with a bit more respect. He's always treated everyone with contempt but it's getting worse. He thinks he's so smart putting everyone in their place but he is just coming over as bitter old fool these days. Needs to be called out on most of the rubbish he spouts too, he's not saying anything profound he's just talking gibberish.

Most journo's hate him because of the way he treats them. Complete and utter disrespect, except when its his daughter of course.
Funny thing is he was happy to join the media last year and line his pockets, and of course he was happy to use the media last night (even after Richo had finished) to have his whinge.

No doubt the Hawks got the rub, but geez it was just gold for me seeing Mick at the end of the game last night.
Carlton are hard enough to like as it is. Having prickly Mick there just makes it impossible.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Imo this all irrelevant. You can question or state a POV all you like but you do it in a manner that is relevant to the situation and he just is so self centred he just cant help himself but be a knob doing it.

Absolutely no class. Look at the way Hird constantly answers the same question over and over again and never cracks the sads or belittles the media doing their jobs. Hypocrite of the highest order which is a shame as he's a great coach. Its amazing he gets out of these pressers without tripping over his bottom lip.
There's a reason Hird answers the same question over and over without cracking it (I assume you're referring to the substance program). He cannot afford to act in a certain way as the media will be abuzz with guilty stories and so on, and definitely stories calling for Hird's head.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
If you are always second to the ball then you will give away free kicks. Carlton tried to play second to the ball in numbers which has worked historically against Hawthorn because the umpires hate us. Didn't come off.

Even our runners were first to the ball.
I must have been watching a different game.

scomac

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2007
West
AFL Club
Carlton
Most journo's hate him because of the way he treats them. Complete and utter disrespect, except when its his daughter of course.
Funny thing is he was happy to join the media last year and line his pockets, and of course he was happy to use the media last night (even after Richo had finished) to have his whinge.

No doubt the Hawks got the rub, but geez it was just gold for me seeing Mick at the end of the game last night.
Carlton are hard enough to like as it is. Having prickly Mick there just makes it impossible.

Well its no wonder the journos are pathetic and they all walk around Malthouse like they are on egg shells.He asked the question why did Murphy not get a free kick high hit broken cheekbone? And why the prior opportunity rule has disappeared ? Seems fair.

Mervyn Beasley

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 12, 2007
Yarraville
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hibs FC, Blackburn Rovers
Well its no wonder the journos are pathetic and they all walk around Malthouse like they are on egg shells.He asked the question why did Murphy not get a free kick high hit broken cheekbone? And why the prior opportunity rule has disappeared ? Seems fair.

Expecting Murphy to get a free from that was and is ridiculous.
It was a full on body on body clash where one guy came off worse.
Most commentators referred to it as head on head.
Just because you get a knock to the head doesnt make it auto too high:rolleyes:

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
There's a reason Hird answers the same question over and over without cracking it (I assume you're referring to the substance program). He cannot afford to act in a certain way as the media will be abuzz with guilty stories and so on, and definitely stories calling for Hird's head.

Your missing the point. Its the WAY he answers the question not the actual answer. MM can also do this yet he chooses to be a moo doing it.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

So this has been happening for 30 years? There is a pattern here.

bad setanta

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
He wanted to keep coaching Collingwood, we turfed him as our COACH. So yeah, he was pretty much sacked. We just tried to be nice and good the old man some way to earn income after his coaching life had expired, but instead he sooked and left to continue his awful coaching ways.

And you guys are well, not beneficial of it but yeah.

And how is Buckley working out for you :thumbsu:

Back