Opinion Malthouse: Hunted Tigers have lost their aura, Bombers building

Remove this Banner Ad

For a start, he claims that opposition teams have worked us out. What BS. They couldn't work us out for four years when we had a full and hungry list, even after losing one of our best players in Rance, but now with a team decimated by injuries, and possibly complacency after being clearly the best team in the comp for four years, our drop off is because teams have worked us out! Laughable.
Every team knows how every other team plays. With the array of coaching staff available these days there are very few unknowns. Richmond was worked out long ago, the only problem for the other teams was they didn't have the capacity to nullify our strengths and capitalise on our weaknesses.

This year there have been a number of valid reasons why we have dropped off, but at the forefront is injuries. At times we have had our whole midfield, 2/3rds of our backline, our whole ruck division out. If that doesn't stop you, I don't know what will. Unlike this year, the injuries we coped in our last 2 premiership years were somewhat of a blessing in disguise as all (bar Rance and Soldo) were available for our premiership assault in the final month. This year, even if we get most of our key players back, there will be very little time for them to run into form and we'll have to come from 8th. Even for an optimist like me it's a bit of a stretch.

Many questions will be answered in 2022 given a good run with injuries. And I reckon we'll be pleasantly surprised.

You don't have to be Einstein to write Malthouse's article - but it sells papers.

fu** off malthouse you miserable campaigner. Absolutely hate the bastard, wish he would retire from anything football related.
Funny that, he was pretty much spot on. especially the part of players running forward and a void behind them. we get scored against way too easily.

not targeting you but if we can’t be honest with how our team is performing then.......

nice quote Though......yesterday was ego, tomorrow is Pride.

Funny that, he was pretty much spot on. especially the part of players running forward and a void behind them. we get scored against way too easily.

not targeting you but if we can’t be honest with how our team is performing then.......

nice quote Though......yesterday was ego, tomorrow is Pride.
We're going shithouse. I've no issue being honest with that. Still can't stand the prick. He could write an article talking about the benefits of breathing oxygen and my response would have been the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back