Malthouse losing it?

Remove this Banner Ad

buckley's hammy

Draftee
Apr 11, 2005
Other Teams
Collingwood
Is he coaching a football team or teaching a kindergarten class? He sat the players down like there were children and sought to systematically tear them limb from limb. You treat them like stupid boys and then as them to stand up proud like men.....i don't think so, for me this was a disgraceful and embarassing act.

I know his team has been consistently performing at a poor level, which is likely to frustrate coaching staff and supporters alike, but surely he has to take some responsibility and it is not the approach needed.

buckley's hammy said:
Is he coaching a football team or teaching a kindergarten class? He sat the players down like there were children and sought to systematically tear them limb from limb. You treat them like stupid boys and then as them to stand up proud like men.....i don't think so, for me this was a disgraceful and embarassing act.

I know his team has been consistently performing at a poor level, which is likely to frustrate coaching staff and supporters alike, but surely he has to take some responsibility and it is not the approach needed.

I think Mick should be sat down in the same fashion by Eddie and treated the same way. After all, MM and his football manager are responsible for the list.

If the players are playing poor football, thats the coaches responcibility.

Pure and simple, Mick's lost the bulk of the players.

It can happen to the best of coaches and for Mick, the 2003 GF will be a watershed day in his coaching history.

He performed badly and took it out on the players and the group hasn't performed for him since.

I hope Collingwood keep him now for another 5 years.

I really don't an issue with him treating the players like the kids they are playing like. I'd have even less issue if he back it up and drop serial underperformers like Williams and O'Bree.

wow i cant believe that this is a issue, they were playing like crap, he believed that it was the only way to get his point across.
How many times does that happen in any sports when there team is laying like $hit, i think good on him i believe that he has been to soft on all the players in the time he has been there and its about time he makes a stand.

if ppl r going to have a sook about a coach sitting his players down and laying down the law then i would hae to say that u's r trying to follow the wrong sport.

When Malcolm Blight was coaching Woodville in the SANFL he made his players do basic lanework (kicking and handball) in front of the members at Footy Park at three-quarter time because he was disgusted with their poor disposal. One of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in footy.

I agree with magpies2005...
i thought it was the highlight of the day when mick did that an u know what they deserved it...When you play petheticly thats what u get an its no good blaming him for our poor play, he has done his job with collingwood, his brought us to 2 grandfinals an we blew em both, he can only do so much. At the end of the day he doesnt play the game his players do...

I somehow doubt that Eddie will ever Sack MM. Malthouse will have to walk before Collingwood gets a new coach, not that there is any real decent availble contenders out there, apart from Gary O' Donnell

The more Collingwood loes, the more pressure will build. The question is can Malthouse rebuild a side.

Has MM got the word from Eddie McGuire that if he doesn't improve his coaching he is gone?

If I am correct, Malcolm Blight got sacked at the end of that year for sitting down his team in public and giving them one big spray during a break in a game.

Something wrong is going down at Collingwood, and I think MM is to blame!

Cant see Edie sacking MM...but then again even if he did get sacked or walked...who would u get 2 replace him?? theres no1 else out there...all the good ones like david parkin, stan alves dont wanna coach...

Not 2 mention i dont blame malthouse at all, i blame his ******** players....
he can only do so much an i dont think they even listen 2 him

What ever, it was great to see MM react that way If the 'men' can't follow a game plan and play like little NTTAWWTs then you treat them that way. To me it showed that MM is passionate and won't settle for second best, It was great to see him do that the players already embarassed themselves enough on the field so it was good to see. GET ON YA MM. seriously if he gives them a plan that they don't follow and play like that the head coach has every right to go of his nut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guess_who said:
What ever, it was great to see MM react that way If the 'men' can't follow a game plan and play like little NTTAWWTs then you treat them that way. To me it showed that MM is passionate and won't settle for second best, It was great to see him do that the players already embarassed themselves enough on the field so it was good to see. GET ON YA MM. seriously if he gives them a plan that they don't follow and play like that the head coach has every right to go of his nut.

You got a good point Guess_Who!!

But MM should have done it behind closed doors, maybe at Half Time when we actually had a chance to win the game.

Coin_Toss said:
If I am correct, Malcolm Blight got sacked at the end of that year for sitting down his team in public and giving them one big spray during a break in a game.

Took the hapless Warriors to third, which is probably the greatest bit of coaching he ever did.

Resigned towards the end of '87 with Woodville 12-5 and sitting second on the ladder. Didn't win a game for the rest of the season.

Then he moved back to Victoria to commentate for Channel 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back