Malthouse might 'coach' suspended dopers.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think my position has been understated by me and misunderstood by you.

I have actually also trained and played sport at a high level (in my younger years), obviously not football. And I have watched many many MANY training sessions of footy at both Club and AFL level. So I am very aware of the skills and drills needed/used. When I said the right fitness/physio/trainer, I meant someone that understood AFL and the needs of players. Drills and skills are ingrained in most players so there's no reason why they can't put together training programs that they know will fit in with their Club's philosophies. The PT/Physio etc are there to motivate and drive them. There are two reasons I don't believe an elite coach should be allowed to be used. A) The players are being punished for doping breaches. Providing them with an A Grade AFL senior coach doesn't seem in the right spirit of the bans/code. (This is just my opinion) B) This coach is not supposed to have any contact with Essendon coaching staff (ie. they aren't supposed to be in cahoots with), so therefore his role would be limited to what essentially a physio/pt etc can do anyways. Now DJ is saying "there are ways around that" but again, to me, it's not in the spirit of the bans/code.

I apologise for my "you really need to read my mind by what I meant" approach to this.

You've changed your argument from not seeing the benefit of a football coach to the reasons you think they shouldn't be allowed one.

Not sure that "what can they learn about structures and game plans until pre season next year" is a useful question. It's not voodoo, there is video, I imagine even the players believe it or not could pick up game plan and structural information from watching a game.

And also football tactics evolve quite rapidly; it would be beneficial to have a coach helping to communicate those to the players.

Only issue I have is that the AFL should learn some sense of um something and stay out of it, not be involved in floating the idea or facilitating it.

I thought i read somewhere that some of the players were heading overseas, and some were going to concentrate on studies for life post football.

I would be very surprised if they all decided to train their arses off all year knowing they wont be playing a single game.

I thought i read somewhere that some of the players were heading overseas, and some were going to concentrate on studies for life post football.

I would be very surprised if they all decided to train their arses off all year knowing they wont be playing a single game.
Study in paris?

Benny Bucklewheat coach of the West Augustine AlleyRats could run them through drills etc. just as good as Mick.. it's nonsense and he's not worth a penny.

I'd be very surprised if they didnt want to train their arses off for redemption and to ensure they have careers to return to. Surely theyve already done their travelling by now or are doing it as we speak... the season finished last September.

I'd be very surprised if they didnt want to train their arses off for redemption and to ensure they have careers to return to. Surely theyve already done their travelling by now or are doing it as we speak... the season finished last September.

I couldn't tell you the time frame for their travels, the article didn't mention it

I reckon some of them will be feeling very jaded and unsure if they will go around again, just as some will be raring to go.

I'm sure they will sort it out

If I were one of the banned players,I'd want the sharpest elite afl wada compliant coach
:thumbsu:

That is a really confusing statement. Or is it a confused statement.

No it's not.
I'm a chippy and I won't be borrowing any of your chisels.

I wouldn't lend you or anyone any of my Lie Nielson chisels.

However. Maybe I'm having a slow day, but. Whether they want it or not, the suspended players are not permitted a "WADA compliant" coach. Whatever that is. Probably a breach of the conditions of the suspension, and a breach for the coach as well.

I couldn't tell you the time frame for their travels, the article didn't mention it

I reckon some of them will be feeling very jaded and unsure if they will go around again, just as some will be raring to go.

I'm sure they will sort it out

Those that wont want to go around again will either have to retire or will have to get out of that mindset pretty quickly. If they think they can take nine months off and then start some runs around the tan in about July they will be in for a rude shock. They should be in full or near to full training by April at the latest.

However. Maybe I'm having a slow day, but. Whether they want it or not, the suspended players are not permitted a "WADA compliant" coach. Whatever that is. Probably a breach of the conditions of the suspension, and a breach for the coach as well.

A "WADA compliant" coach (for lack of a better term) is one like Malthouse who is not currently working for a football club. Its not that hard.

I think they need to keep plenty of miles in there legs but as for match fit I am not sure if that is necessary.
Take a year to let body recover from any niggles , no point living on the edge of high fitness if not required.
The year could be a godsend for some an may put two or three years on to the end of there there careers.
Think this would have a mental strain by physically working so intensly and not being able to express it in a match day scenario.
Work and polish on your kicking and ball skills before high fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those that wont want to go around again will either have to retire or will have to get out of that mindset pretty quickly. If they think they can take nine months off and then start some runs around the tan in about July they will be in for a rude shock. They should be in full or near to full training by April at the latest.

Have you thought about applying for a job as a motivator for the banned players ?

FMD I'm only repeating something i read, no need to preach to me, I dont give a s**t if they train or not.

TBH I would be happy not to hear about them until next year, let them do whatever they want because they aint playing footy this year

At least they'd used!.:p
image.jpeg
Chisel me timbers.
There's just a few at hand.
Let's do hammers next?!.
:)

it's funny how often your posts turn out to be "tongue in cheek" or "meant as a joke" or "I was just asking a question FFS" or even "sure it says that but that's not what I meant, I meant the opposite, and if you didn't realise it's your fault".

You know, sometimes you can just admit you're wrong
But how do you know she is wrong?
I disagree with her also, but that doesn't make me right.

Little was offered one deal - by the AFL - and he did take it. Paid the fine (part out of his own pocket), had the club booted from the finals, and strongarmed Hird into taking his suspension.

To suggest he is somehow bloody minded is very wrong.

He was offered no deal by ASADA - they wouldn't even take his phone calls - and the players were advised by their own legal teams, which the AFLPA would not allow Essendon to to also be advised by.

He oversaw a recruitment program to offset the loss of draft picks as best as possible, negotiated insurance settlements to cover most of the expenses incurred, played the political side to keep the club and very powerful coteries on the same page (other weaker boards have been overthrown on far less), left the club with little debt and record membership, and now as a supporter is paying for the banned players' football program this year.
So after all of his work he is no longer even a member of a coterie group?

What an ungrateful club! Out on his ear and rejected by even the coterie groups who supported him in the past!

why?
Can you say Jenny is wrong and prove it?

WTF point are you trying to make?

Seriously man, I said all I needed to say in previous posts. If you can't figure it out from that then i dunno. You're trying to increase your post count or something?

You aren't making any sense.
Are you trying to say, you are right and Jenny is wrong?

HAHAHAHAH

It's called a disagreement man. How long have you been on this board? You may have come across one or two disagreements here.

You re-read the exchange and see if you can figure it out.

Me saying "no I can't prove my opinion" establishes nothing. I'm really not sure what you're trying to prove here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back