Malthouse might 'coach' suspended dopers.

NoAFLinmycomp

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Central District
Is anybody else seeing banner ads for personal trainers whilst reading this thread or is it just me?
I thought it was just Google seeing how much time I spend lurking news sites and forums ... and how little active roaming movement my phone reports back to their servers!

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Little was offered one deal - by the AFL - and he did take it. Paid the fine (part out of his own pocket), had the club booted from the finals, and strongarmed Hird into taking his suspension.

To suggest he is somehow bloody minded is very wrong.

He was offered no deal by ASADA - they wouldn't even take his phone calls - and the players were advised by their own legal teams, which the AFLPA would not allow Essendon to to also be advised by.

He oversaw a recruitment program to offset the loss of draft picks as best as possible, negotiated insurance settlements to cover most of the expenses incurred, played the political side to keep the club and very powerful coteries on the same page (other weaker boards have been overthrown on far less), left the club with little debt and record membership, and now as a supporter is paying for the banned players' football program this year.

He screwed everything he touched? There's so much stupid in your post it's hard to know where to start.
Scuse my ignorance, my memory is bad these days, was he there when the programme was happening?
He sure has put a lot of his personal fortune into the club, seems cruel he got turfed if he wasn't there.

Serious question, do you think, as I do, that Hird has something over the club? They protected him for so long, even when it was obvious he wasn't much of a coach, the Paris trip, extended contract, there has to be something other than the Hird legend surely? If so, what could it be?

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
He did a s**t job. Led Essendon down the garden path at every turn. Nearly every decision was a bad one. Spent lots of of the club's money unnecessarily going to court. Could've taken a few weeks with a "no significant fault", hence not considered cheats, but unlike Cronulla, he had to fight. Now look where they are. Long suspensions, no "no significant fault" discount once WADA looked further, and no have the slur of drug cheats. Yes, such a wonderful job Little did...haha! Cronulla-smart, Essendon-dummies!

Jealous isn't the word. Only an Essendon supporter would think that. Highly amused at Essendon and their stupidity. Let's face, couldn't be more stupid. Why would be jealous of those idiots, and I do mean idiots.
Yes but there is only 12 left to suspend, imagine if all 34 were still at the club and they all got two year suspensions? They would have had to play VFL reserves, Maybe this was the plan

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting that there is to be no "official" contact yet Essendon announce it.

Edit: sorry, article only states that "Essendon sources confirm". I read the article last night and I'm reasonably certain at the time it said something along the lines of "Essendon have announced". Maybe a judicious edit from RoCo.

Last edited:

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Interesting that there is to be no "official" contact yet Essendon announce it.

Edit: sorry, article only states that "Essendon sources confirm". I read the article last night and I'm reasonably certain at the time it said something along the lines of "Essendon have announced". Maybe a judicious edit from RoCo.

HOLY s**t A SHADOW

Back