Malthouse to Adelaide in 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

At the rate these rumors are going, Malthouse will be coaching around 6 clubs next year all while remaining at Collingwood. Fair effort.

Well he is a quality coach with the score on the board, but 144 hour days? No, don't reckon so.

A lot of crows would love to get him to SA, but there are 2 obstacles, the purse strings at the crows are controlled by the SANFL & the SANFL commission (the 9 SANFL clubs plus a country delegate). There is no way in hell they would allow their dividends from the crows to be compromised.

Secondly it is common knowledge that Robert Shaw and Gary Ayres were burnt badly coming over here, not necessarily by just the club, but also by the crow fans, it got very personal and very nasty, not just for the guy, but also for his family.

The coaching fraternity has a damn long memory, those issues will be very important for anyone contemplating a move here.

Malthouse to the Demons doesn't sound correct, the money issue would have to stop that, but Hawthorn, yeah, I can see that happening.

Will be a long and interesting season.

Trigg wouldn't have the stones to take on Eddie. Eddie did say that any club that gets Mick to break his contract with Collingwood will face a legal battle. With our club posting it's first financial loss last year I doubt we would be able to afford an expensive legal battle with the Collingwood.

Trigg wouldn't have the stones to take on Eddie. Eddie did say that any club that gets Mick to break his contract with Collingwood will face a legal battle. With our club posting it's first financial loss last year I doubt we would be able to afford an expensive legal battle with the Collingwood.

I heard Eddie say this, and I don't think Mick is going anywhere but I think if at the end of the year Mick went to Eddie and says I want to keep coaching and since Nathan is Collingwood's new coach I want to go else where , I think Collingwood and Eddie out of respect for what Mick has achieved would be allowed to go

I heard Eddie say this, and I don't think Mick is going anywhere but I think if at the end of the year Mick went to Eddie and says I want to keep coaching and since Nathan is Collingwood's new coach I want to go else where , I think Collingwood and Eddie out of respect for what Mick has achieved would be allowed to go

You would hope common sense prevailed in this situation if Malthouse chose to coach elsewhere. Surely he would have an out clause in that contract that allowed him to walk away to coach another AFL team?

You would hope common sense prevailed in this situation if Malthouse chose to coach elsewhere. Surely he would have an out clause in that contract that allowed him to walk away to coach another AFL team?
Truth be known I'm pretty sure he'd be allowed to go if that was the case. At this point in time I have seen nothing to indicate it's true and I believe Mick and Eddie are currently refining the definition of Mick's DoC role for next year. If Eddie doesn't make it something suitable to Mick then it's fair to say Mick may choose to leave and Eddie will face the members at the next election with a few less brownie points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back