Malthouse wants round 1 scrapped

Remove this Banner Ad

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Biggest load of **** I have heard in a very long time.
Surprised he has not asked to cancel out from history his entire coaching tenure at Carlscum.

Haha! Made me laugh

Although can't imagine he would want to erase the memories of cuddling Daisy after every belting they copped together

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha! Made me laugh

Although can't imagine he would want to erase the memories of cuddling Daisy after every belting they copped together
They could have still cuddled all the same.

I made that comment about Malthouse being irrelevant, and I stand by it. His achievements in the game are certainly not irrelevant. His views today are though, the game has passed him by. I would say the same about Sheedy, although I think Lethal still carries relevance. Lethal doesn’t seek attention to satisfy his ego, and has a greater standing in the game as a top coach and player.
What you posted X 2 as they are my thoughts exactly.:thumbsu:

Each side can say it and Malthouse has unfairly been whacked/downplayed since leaving the club, but a couple of different decisions here and there and we may have won another couple. Had we even won one more under Malthouse I have doubt that he'd regarded as one of our greatest coaches and it shows just how much emphasis there is one getting everything right on that last day. If a move or decision comes off a coach is genius, if it doesn't (especially more than once) their legacy can be tarnished.

‘03 was always going to be difficult without Rocca, playing Jason Cloke forward didn’t help.

‘07 a prelim loss in a game that was seconds too short. Taking nothing away from Fraser who I think would have had a better career as a forward with occasional stints in the ruck, we’d been crying out for a dominant physical ruck since Keating smashed us in 02/03. With Fraser injured Bryan and Richards were smashed by Ottens.

‘11 the season started going downhill after the footy show interview. Coincidence with a tiring side perhaps?? What doesn’t have the same doubt is the decision to leave an injured Reid on Hawkins once Podsiadly went down.

The same questions can be asked about not rolling the dice on Moore in ‘18. Just a pity we didn't have a VFL game prelim weekend.

That wasn't as clear cut as history remembers it. Johnson was their most dangerous forward that year and was kicking goals in the grannie. With Podsiadly down, we got to put our best match up on him - Tarrant. Hawkins came from the clouds that finals series and tore us to pieces, but at the time MM was justified in being more worried about Johnson and thus using Tarrant on him.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why do people think Malthouse is targetting Collingwood here? He is not at all. He is offering his opinion (yes, opinion)., and that is not a unique view.

And the comment about how he is the 'definition of irrelevant'? Is Matthews irrelevant? Or Sheedy? He is a highly experienced and successful former coach (in fact the longest serving coach of all time). It is reasonable that his opinions are reported through the media.

I'm no Malthouse fan in particular, but surely people recognise their bias in their comments on this.

Agree. If anything, he might be wearing his Blues hat and Trying to get that “L” off their 2020 scorecard.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why do people think Malthouse is targetting Collingwood here? He is not at all. He is offering his opinion (yes, opinion)., and that is not a unique view.

And the comment about how he is the 'definition of irrelevant'? Is Matthews irrelevant? Or Sheedy? He is a highly experienced and successful former coach (in fact the longest serving coach of all time). It is reasonable that his opinions are reported through the media.

I'm no Malthouse fan in particular, but surely people recognise their bias in their comments on this.
Actually it's got nothing to do with bias against Mick. I just don't agree with what he is suggesting.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Actually it's got nothing to do with bias against Mick. I just don't agree with what he is suggesting.
Yep, I'd hate for someone to have to tell Tyler Brown he still hasn't debuted for Collingwood! It's a silly suggestion, one that I'm fairly confident the AFL will ignore!

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

Agree, I don't agree with him either. I'd say many (most?) people wouldn't.

But it is the suggestion that he is saying it because he is trying to sandbag Collingwood's season is a fair stretch...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood

Correct. In these times people will come up with all sorts of wacky ideas. This is just another one. Its got nothing to do with his alleged feud with Collingwood.

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I lost all respect for him when he left and became such bitter and twisted old man. Like a child in other ways too, only good thing is he sent Carlton back to the Stone Age. They may never recover.

As for Micks comments, like most these days they are irrelevant.

notice how his daughter disappeared with him. Eddie looked after both you and your family and to spit in his face the way he did is disgraceful

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any former Collingwood Premiership coach that didn’t turn around and continually dump a load on Collingwood at every opportunity.
They would, rightly, be treated like Gods.
[/QUOT

Correct me if I'm wrong. Now whilst I also don't agree with his argument to scrap Round 1, there were 8 other winners that would be impacted, not just Collingwood. So you and others are saying that Malthouses' stance is purely to remove the 4 points that Collingwood deservedly won. Yes?

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any former Collingwood Premiership coach that didn’t turn around and continually dump a load on Collingwood at every opportunity.
They would, rightly, be treated like Gods.

Take 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Now whilst I also don't agree with his argument to scrap Round 1, there were 8 other winners that would be impacted, not just Collingwood. So you and others are saying that Malthouses' stance is purely to remove the 4 points that Collingwood deservedly won. Yes?

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was replying to a post about who would be an ex Collingwood Premiership coach.
But to your point, I think it’s a win/win for the old man if round one was struck off. A W for the Pies taken away, and an L for his beloved Blues expunged.
Youre right, it’s not all about the Pies.

So you firmly believe that Malthouse has deep lingering hate for Collingwood and by extension Buckley I imagine? That seems to be the consensus amongst many Pies supporters. True?

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you firmly believe that Malthouse has deep lingering hate for Collingwood and by extension Buckley I imagine? That seems to be the consensus amongst many Pies supporters. True?
If you believe that I believe that, then I’m not going to argue it.
Because I get the distinct feeling you’ve made your mind up.
And I’m not in the habit of killing people’s dreams.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you believe that I believe that, then I’m not going to argue it.
Because I get the distinct feeling you’ve made your mind up.
And I’m not in the habit of killing people’s dreams.

I don't believe that personally but it seems that the majority of Pies supporters do. What's your position?

I don't believe that personally but it seems that the majority of Pies supporters do. What's your position?
I don’t think there is any doubt that Malthouse is bitter about his exit from Collingwood. Pretty common knowledge I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back