Man Cave chrome cast vs Foxtel vs Imparja/channel 7

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you need to do this for your shed but with Crows branding and try and get hold of an old turn style or ticket gate at the door. On game day have the sign Crows v whoever and the crows song blaring to piss the neighbours off.

170bc0e52534a32c3c8a9a7c36c2dceb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to have issues because metal sheds and WIFI signals don't mix very well.

A powerline adapter might be one of the few things that you can try unless you buy a long ethernet cable and run it from the house to your tv whenever you're wanting to watch foxtel through it.

If you're wanting to use Chromecast with a powerline adapter you'll also have to pick up an ethernet adapter for it which plugs into the micro usb port.

Last edited:
I think you need to do this for your shed but with Crows branding and try and get hold of an old turn style or ticket gate at the door. On game day have the sign Crows v whoever and the crows song blaring to piss the neighbours off.

170bc0e52534a32c3c8a9a7c36c2dceb.jpg

That would be amazing! I have been thinking of getting some of my shrine {guernseys} framed to put up as the "cave" is getting a little out of control!!I have some old Mambo Reg Mombassa prints framed that are going up and for those who ever saw Ab. Health ads a classic Condom Man poster has been found!

I think between my mates and my lads the new neighbours will know the Crows song intimately - lucky they have a baby due in a couple of months!

Will this only work if they are on the same circuit?
Usually a shed would be on a different circuit from a house which makes it a bit hard if they do.
I think the shed is on the same circuit as when the circuit breaker went on the house yesterday with the much needed rain the shed also went out - I am pretty sure I am going with the Netgear Powerline kit and may lash out on the Foxtel 4k kit.

Everyone who has contributed is invited to the grand opening - only a short 769km drive- cold Coopers, Pirramimma wines and you can make a chopping board or play with some Epoxy Resin as we watch the lads!

ps no shouting at JJ.

Will this only work if they are on the same circuit?
Usually a shed would be on a different circuit from a house which makes it a bit hard if they do.
Dunno. Runs through the same power box but on different line / fuse switch thingys (you can tell I'm an expert at electriconical stuff)

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have access to Foxtel on the web with your account, I think it’s watch.foxtel.com.au. If you have a spare laptop or PC laying about with HDMI then hook that up and just play from the computer. I do this all the time while camping. As for WiFI, if you don’t get a strong signal you could purchase a booster or given the distance look at running some Ethernet from house to shed from the modem. Don’t bother buying another foxtel box, waste of money. If you only watch sport in the shed then get an apple tv and load up Kayo, I just ditched Foxtel to use Apple TV, Kayo and Netflix and love it.

This is my choice of poison to.

If you can’t find it on Netflix Apple TV pretty much will have it for purchase it’s Like going to the video store while sitting on your arse.
Cable Ethernet is probably best.
I found Kayo a bit choppy a few weeks ago but it’s been faultless the last few weeks so possible the teething problems are over.

This is my choice of poison to.

If you can’t find it on Netflix Apple TV pretty much will have it for purchase it’s Like going to the video store while sitting on your arse.
Cable Ethernet is probably best.
I found Kayo a bit choppy a few weeks ago but it’s been faultless the last few weeks so possible the teething problems are over.

My NBN speed varies from 10 to 95 mbps depending on how many people are watching Netflix and Kayo! ISP is “looking into it” yeah right!

Everyone who has contributed is invited to the grand opening - only a short 769km drive- cold Coopers, Pirramimma wines and you can make a chopping board or play with some Epoxy Resin as we watch the lads!

ps no shouting at JJ.

a 1500km drive and not being about to shout at Jenkins puts this amazing opportunity just out of reach, unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back