Premier Lg Man City alleged breaches

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if you would call a 3 man independent panel in a PL matter being made up of a chairman recommended by Mancheester United and another member who works at a law firm who represents Liverpool.

We all know how you would view such a panel.
Are you saying every person that works for a law firm that represents Liverpool would be biased against rivals of Liverpool?

Its just really weird.

If the club had any doubts about the integrity of a nominee, I would expect us to object to the appointment. If we don't, then there's no problems as far as I'm concerned.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Mate, it’s not exactly a secret that the FA have been digging through this for the last four years. If you truly believe that the club only found out yesterday then I have some magic beans to sell you.
How do you prepare for charges when you do not know what you've been charged with, or what evidence is going to be presented against you?

No doubt, we've been expecting this day to come, but there's a difference between that and preparing for a case worth potentially more than £1bn to the club.

You'd be laughed out of any court in the world for suggesting we wrap a £1bn case in a few months.

No matter how desperate some are to see us punished quickly.

Exactly. Hilarious that someone tries to present these charges as completely surprising. First City tried to stop it happening through the courts - we know why that is now. They knew this was coming.
PMSL

The why it happened who knows. I'd say money would be a motivating factor in this, who knows how much money changes hands through Abu Dhabi based businesses.

Coming over a bit racist there tbh.

I'd expect our representative on the panel to be known to our upper management, and maybe even worked with them in the past. UEFAs representative had represented them several times previously.

As for the extensive links, drawing a pretty long bow there.

One reason I'm pretty relaxed about this investigation, is that it won't change anything. People like you will refuse to accept it if we win, if we don't we'll serve our punishment and move on. I'm fine with that, happy days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the Premier league statement

(c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, E.3, 4, E.11 and E.12;

According to the Premier League handbook for 11/12

B13 is that all clubs must act in good faith.

E3 refers to league matches being played on a Saturday unless it's a televised match.

E4 specifies that matches will be played on New Year's Day unless its a Sunday or Thursday/Friday clashing with FA Cup ties.

E11 specifies that each club shall enter the FA Cup.

E12 specifies that European qualication is on sporting merit and qualifying clubs must apply for a licence.
Ha ha, oops.

I'd expect our representative on the panel to be known to our upper management, and maybe even worked with them in the past. UEFAs representative had represented them several times previously.

One reason I'm pretty relaxed about this investigation, is that it won't change anything. People like you will refuse to accept it if we win, if we don't we'll serve our punishment and move on. I'm fine with that, happy days.

What is racist about suggesting a shitty authoritarian regime could be corrupt?

Are they not a shitty authoritarian regime?

if you believe that showing a link to Abu Dhabi for not only City's nominated lawyer and the chairman (who City were also allowed to choose) is "racist" you should probably end your posting career right now.

I can see why you are relaxed. It doesnt matter what your ownership does or is found guilty of. In your eyes they can never be guilty. All a conspiracy against them.

Contrast this to actual fans at Utd/Liverpool etc who push back against their ownership all the time.

Laughable. No club can push for disciplanry action by the PL. To suggest such a conspiracy theory is hilarious. No wonder your fans are constantly derided for their delusions.
PMSL.

How do you prepare for charges when you do not know what you've been charged with, or what evidence is going to be presented against you?

No doubt, we've been expecting this day to come, but there's a difference between that and preparing for a case worth potentially more than £1bn to the club.

You'd be laughed out of any court in the world for suggesting we wrap a £1bn case in a few months.

No matter how desperate some are to see us punished quickly.

I doubt very much that this isn’t tied up in legal arguments for some time yet.

I think anybody anticipating a quick resolution is dreaming.

Equally, if you think that City did not at least have a very good idea of what charges they were likely to be facing then those magic beans are still available.

if you believe that showing a link to Abu Dhabi for not only City's nominated lawyer and the chairman (who City were also allowed to choose) is "racist" you should probably end your posting career right now.

It's racist to imply they bribed UEFA because "who knows how much money changes hands between Abu Dhabi businesses".

I can see why you are relaxed. It doesnt matter what your ownership does or is found guilty of. In your eyes they can never be guilty. All a conspiracy against them.

Lower leagues hold no fear for me, losing players or manager holds no fear for me, supporting a club with no money holds no fear for me. Been there, done that, loved every minute of it.

If we win, nothing will change. You'll invent a reason why it was a mistake, or it was biased or "money changed hands between Abu Dhabi businesses". You'll continue to lie and make up stories, to which I'll feel obliged to reply to with a PMSL. Which will then boil the piss of other posters who don't seem to like the term (but use it against me at every opportunity).

So yeah, I'm relaxed. Will I be happy if we win? Absolutely. Will it change anything? Absolutely not.

Contrast this to actual fans at Utd/Liverpool etc who push back against their ownership all the time.

PMSL. God help us all if Liverpool and United fans behaviour are the standard we're all judged on.

Equally, if you think that City did not at least have a very good idea of what charges they were likely to be facing then those magic beans are still available.

No one is claiming that we didn't know what was coming. But you still need time after you know what you're charged with to prepare a defence. We found out yesterday.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back