Premier Lg Man City alleged breaches

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

What exactly was he on when he posted this lol

Liam Gallagher is the deadshit to end all deadshits. Noel got literally all of the talent in the family.

I saw Liam when he was supporting The Who a few years ago. Absolutely incoherent he was.

Yes that would be covered within their standard disclaimers contained in each report. If asked, their position could be that they represented the financial statements at the instruction of their client based on the information they were provided with.

Equally, City could say they were misled/poorly advised etc by their auditors. Either way, not a great look and it’s going to get very messy in the legal fallout.

I'm not sure how they can possibly paint payments made by Abu Dhabi businesses to players separate to their contracts as a mistake or administrative oversight unless they try and argue those payments are purely a totally separate thing to their employment as footballers at the club (laughable but that may fly if it can't be proven beyond reasonable doubt).

A brief scan of the initial PL statement and the 17/18 PL handbook suggests that the charges (through 17/18) fall under a few of main categories:

1. Submission of Club Accounts: either City did not submit financial information on time or in an accurate manner regarding their annual revenue in particular.

2. Player & Manager Remuneration: City did not give full details regarding the remuneration of their managers and players.

3. Compliance with UEFA statutes: City did not comply with FFP, a UEFA statute, which is a breach of PL rules.

4. Profitability & Sustainability: City operated in a way that was not sustainable (did not record related party transactions at fair market value, non submission of P&L statements, adjusted earnings before tax being more than a loss of £15/£105m, etc.)

Then post 2017/18 they are being charged with:

5. Non-Cooperation: not providing documents, answering questions, incorrectly claiming confidentiality, not acting in good faith or complying with requests for information.

I'm not really sure what the threshold/framework for proving all of this will be (I'm not an English lawyer), but the nature of the charges isn't too difficult to comprehend. They are alleged to have hidden/misrepresented financial information relating to the club's accounts and remuneration of players/managers, operated in an unsustainable manner, not complied with UEFA rules and not been co-operative to the standard required with the PL.

I don't know who they think they are fooling but these figures appear dodgy from the outset:

pandemicrevenue.jpg

Revenue all of a sudden jumping during the pandemic to levels above far bigger clubs / corporate concerns? With it all mostly coming from Abu Dhabi government owned businesses. They're a clear outlier here during pandemic times.

I know City fans will defend this but surely they weren't born yesterday and can see the fallacy in these figures.

What exactly was he on when he posted this lol

I know there is a good Gallagher and a bad Gallagher. I never know which is which (because whoever the bad one is is totally irrelevant to me), so I remember who the bad one is when he tweets stupid s**t like this.

Because your lawyers wouldn't hand over the info for that long. Don't worry. You've been charged for that too.

Wasn't this the story with the UEFA investigation too?

Obfuscate the investigation and refuse to cooperate for so long that the statute of limitation lapses, ensuring any breaches that are discovered are time barred and not admissible in order to achieve a "not guilty" verdict. In the meantime, carry on and keep racking up silverware.

Edit: Congrats on the 3 new league titles by the way.

Hang on, when did this happen.... Is Ole a Premier League Winning manager now??

It was happening over the last 14 years. Just kept a secret, until now.

And yes, Ole is a PL winning manager. All hail Ole, the PL winning manager! ******* hell, it makes no sense.

It was happening over the last 14 years. Just kept a secret, until now.

And yes, Ole is a PL winning manager. All hail Ole, the PL winning manager! ******* hell, it makes no sense.

Hate to break it to you but they aren't being investigated for 20/21. Ole remains trophyless no matter what the result of the investigation is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manchester City trophies since Abu Dhabi’s takeover in 2008 and the runner’s up:

Premier League
• (2012) = Manchester United 🥈
• (2014) = Liverpool 🥈
• (2018) = Manchester United 🥈
• (2019) = Liverpool 🥈
• (2021) = Manchester United 🥈
• (2022) = Liverpool 🥈

FA Cup
• (2011) = Stoke City 🥈
• (2019) = Watford 🥈

League Cup
• (2014) = Sunderland 🥈
• (2016) = Liverpool 🥈
• (2018) = Arsenal 🥈
• (2019) = Chelsea 🥈
• (2020) = Aston Villa 🥈
• (2021) = Tottenham Hotspur 🥈

Community Shield
• (2012) = Chelsea 🥈
• (2018) = Chelsea 🥈
• (2019) = Liverpool 🥈

A brief scan of the initial PL statement and the 17/18 PL handbook suggests that the charges (through 17/18) fall under a few of main categories:

1. Submission of Club Accounts: either City did not submit financial information on time or in an accurate manner regarding their annual revenue in particular.

2. Player & Manager Remuneration: City did not give full details regarding the remuneration of their managers and players.

3. Compliance with UEFA statutes: City did not comply with FFP, a UEFA statute, which is a breach of PL rules.

4. Profitability & Sustainability: City operated in a way that was not sustainable (did not record related party transactions at fair market value, non submission of P&L statements, adjusted earnings before tax being more than a loss of £15/£105m, etc.)

Then post 2017/18 they are being charged with:

5. Non-Cooperation: not providing documents, answering questions, incorrectly claiming confidentiality, not acting in good faith or complying with requests for information.

I'm not really sure what the threshold/framework for proving all of this will be (I'm not an English lawyer), but the nature of the charges isn't too difficult to comprehend. They are alleged to have hidden/misrepresented financial information relating to the club's accounts and remuneration of players/managers, operated in an unsustainable manner, not complied with UEFA rules and not been co-operative to the standard required with the PL.

The 3rd one is interesting. I would have thought for us to be found guilty of breaking UEFA rules without being found guilty of breaking rules (except for the co-operation bit) would be a stretch.

I think we'll definitely be found guilty of the non co-operation. That was referred to in recent court decisions and we don't have the excuse that we had at UEFA that all the confidential information we were providing was being leaked to media/other clubs.

Wasn't this the story with the UEFA investigation too?

Obfuscate the investigation and refuse to cooperate for so long that the statute of limitation lapses, ensuring any breaches that are discovered are time barred and not admissible in order to achieve a "not guilty" verdict. In the meantime, carry on and keep racking up silverware.

Edit: Congrats on the 3 new league titles by the way.
Yeah. They won't argue the facts. They'll just try and get away with technicalities. No time barring on this one though cheating campaigners.

I'm not sure how they can possibly paint payments made by Abu Dhabi businesses to players separate to their contracts as a mistake or administrative oversight unless they try and argue those payments are purely a totally separate thing to their employment as footballers at the club (laughable but that may fly if it can't be proven beyond reasonable doubt).
Remember Chris Judd and VISY?

I don't know who they think they are fooling but these figures appear dodgy from the outset:

View attachment 1601756

Revenue all of a sudden jumping during the pandemic to levels above far bigger clubs / corporate concerns? With it all mostly coming from Abu Dhabi government owned businesses. They're a clear outlier here during pandemic times.

I know City fans will defend this but surely they weren't born yesterday and can see the fallacy in these figures.
Because the 19/20 season finished in the 20/21 financial year a large part if our broadcasting income was rolled over to the 20/21 accounts.

18/19 - €287m
19/20 - €217m
20/21 - €336m

Matchday income obviously dropped, and commercial income over the period was around £20m higher.

So largely down to TV money, and a new Puma kit deal, rather than the majority from Abu Dhabi business as you claim.

Yeah. They won't argue the facts. They'll just try and get away with technicalities. No time barring on this one though cheating campaigners.
We'll happily argue the facts as we did successfully at CAS.

What we have argued at CAS is that UEFA (Parry and Gill) were consistently leaking our confidential information to the press and other clubs.

And with this investigation that the Premier league were on a 4 year fishing investigation. I don't think that argument will wash now, as it didn't at CAS although they did acknowledge that we had legitimate concerns about UEFA leaks.

What a great response by the club. Find out whoever provided damning evidence to investigators which lead to charges.

What are those individuals supposed to do when questioned by investigators - provide disinformation to protect City? I don't see how a Man City club lead witch hunt against former employees is going to help them in any way. It just makes them look more guilty if anything.
LOL, it's a made up quote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back