Premier Lg Man City alleged breaches

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

City employed barristers to challenge this publisher’s right to report that judge’s conclusions and to be in court when a decision of publication was being made — even though we had undertaken not to publish anything from it. The judge ruled against them.

And the Premier league, neither side wanted the press to publish and both were party to that challenge.

Story doesn't read as well to point that out.

I do find it funny that people are talking about relegation, stripping of titles, expulsion from the league but still seem to get offended by the idea that we hire lawyers to defend ourselves.

The only way that would happen if they admitted all the breaches. If they don't, it is going to take a year or 2 at least

Will be interesting to see how the players react on the pitch in the coming weeks. Also if City spend up big this summer in preparation for any transfer bans or if players are even willing to go there while this is hanging over their head
My best guess is that we'll carry on as normal, I don't really see any alternatives.

Players might take convincing to sign and we might have to insert some clauses in the event of various punishments coming to fruition.

I'll have a look later who we signed (and didn't sign) after the UEFA charges.

Liam Gallagher is the deadshit to end all deadshits. Noel got literally all of the talent in the family.

I saw Liam when he was supporting The Who a few years ago. Absolutely incoherent he was.
Was it liam that had the nerve to rub daltreys hair like he was some scamp.

Fairly sure Rog had oasis excommunicated after that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question on the potential punishments

What would replaying the fixtures achieve and why would the opposing clubs agree to it?
Will never happen, no logic in it whatsoever. Just give the win to whoever we played if you're going to head down that path.

Although if it does happen, hopefully Pep will start Rodri in the Champions league final this time.

TBH, I think the timing of the release was more coincidence than anything.

It was sloppy (the league made a significant number of mistakes in the charges when they first released them, and had to edit them after the fact). And by all accounts the press were briefed before City.

But I don't think it was rushed out because of the white paper.

Few interesting bits in there though, City the only "top 6" club in favour of an independent regulator (much of the media has been about needing regulator to stop the likes of City)

Last edited:
We don't know the exact reasons why a biased CAS panel was allowed but it did happen.
I see you repeat this nonsense over and over again.

We nominated our adjudicator, UEFA nominated their adjudicator. Either side is entitled to nominated a third adjudicator but it must be accepted by both, or CAS makes the decision. Our nomination was accepted by UEFA.

It wasn't a biased panel, it was a legitimate panel made up in full accordance with CAS rules. It just came up with a decision you desperately didn't want them to make.

I see you repeat this nonsense over and over again.

We nominated our adjudicator, UEFA nominated their adjudicator. Either side is entitled to nominated a third adjudicator but it must be accepted by both, or CAS makes the decision. Our nomination was accepted by UEFA.

It wasn't a biased panel, it was a legitimate panel made up in full accordance with CAS rules. It just came up with a decision you desperately didn't want them to make.

I wonder if you would call a 3 man independent panel in a PL matter being made up of a chairman recommended by Mancheester United and another member who works at a law firm who represents Liverpool.

We all know how you would view such a panel.

This article sums it up pretty much

Some highlights about 2 out of the 3 judges

McDougall:

McDougall worked, between 2016 and 2018, in a branch of a law firm in Abu Dhabi, and among his clients were Al-Ittihad and Etisalat, the two Emiratis accused in the City financing case, who responded that McDougall did not personally work for the two companies. Know that there is a potential conflict of interest.

But Santos' choice of the case, and the connections of his legal office "CRA" and General Electric, remained controversial, according to the writer.

It is known that Mubadala Investment Company owns the UAE's sovereign wealth fund, which is supervised by Khaldoun Khalifa Al Mubarak, who is also the president of Manchester City and a close friend of Sheikh Mansour, in an important strategic partnership with General Electric.

So we have 2 members out of 3 member panel that have extensive links to Abu Dhabi government owned businesses.

This panel absolutely was biased and even though you are utterly deluded when it comes to Man City even you will admit that now.

The why it happened who knows. I'd say money would be a motivating factor in this, who knows how much money changes hands through Abu Dhabi based businesses.

Last edited:
* how good are The Who! The Cryptkeeper bloody brilliant.

Simply one of the greatest bands of all time.

The night Liam Gallagher opened for them was a gig I was lucky enough to see at Rogers Arena, Vancouver in 2019. They were backed by a full orchestra and were just incredible.

I saw them maybe 10 years earlier in the Hunter Valley. They were supported by the Counting Crows who were so far out of their depth that Roger Daltrey gave them a bake when he came on.

Awesome band, The Who and as you say, one of the great live acts.

PMSL. To be fair, I should be grateful that you're at least going to let us present a defence before getting found guilty.

Mate, it’s not exactly a secret that the FA have been digging through this for the last four years. If you truly believe that the club only found out yesterday then I have some magic beans to sell you.

Mate, it’s not exactly a secret that the FA have been digging through this for the last four years. If you truly believe that the club only found out yesterday then I have some magic beans to sell you.

Exactly. Hilarious that someone tries to present these charges as completely surprising. First City tried to stop it happening through the courts - we know why that is now. They knew this was coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back