Man of the Match

Remove this Banner Ad

dees01

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2000
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Do you agree with the man of the match decision for the 4th test. Do you give it to Waugh who made a fighting century but did not make much in the 2nd innings or Gillespie who got nine wickets and destroyed the Windies. I think the right choice with Waugh was made but it must have been close.

I did lean to Gillespie for two reasons. He took the first 3 wkts in the 1st inn and the first 6 wkts in the 2nd. That destroyed the Windies in both innings. Also I am Sth Australian. lol

I think it should have been Gillespie as well, mainly because he took mostly top order wickets (batsmen), which, by definition, should be harder to dismiss (though in the case of the West Indies, it isn't quite as difficult)
smile.gif

The right choice was made. Waugh's innings was an absolute gem and set up the victory. My personal opinion is that the Windies bowlers aren't that bad, it's just that their batsman can't bat, therefore perhaps the logic is that it was easier for Gillespie to get them out, then for them to get Waugh out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back