Man Utd fans: Through thick and thin right?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Man United fans, welcome to the world of being a real football fan, you know, where you get to follow your team through thick and thin, for better or for worse (yea it's a bit like a marriage following a football team), good times and bad, and all the ups and downs.

You have had 2 decades of thick, for better, good times and ups, and good luck to you for that. But now, it's time to experience the thin, the worse, the bad and the downs. And I don't mean just this season. I mean for the next 7 to 8 trophy-less seasons. I can't see you doing anything for at least that long. You will now get your opportunity to earn your stripes as a Man Utd fan because up until now you've been free riding as a fan. But now you get to follow your club while season after season they achieve nothing. Now you finally get to be a true fan.

Now the reason I started this thread, I just went over to the Man Utd thread because I wanted to take delight in seeing what the mancs had to say about the 3-0 loss to Liverpool and wouldn't you know it, not one comment, not one. Not one thing was said about the game. These blokes carry on how loyal they are, and the one time their club needed someone to say something, the flogs all went away. I'm sure if they were in title contention, there would have been a plethora of comments because I've seen them say plenty after a Liverpool loss but they were still top of the ladder. But losing 3-0 at home to the bitter rival and not being in title contention, nor top 4 contention, it's as low as it gets for this club. And haven't the fans come out in force to show their support...NOT. Take a good hard look at yourselves BF Man Utd fans, you are a disgrace. No wonder you constantly have to defend yourselves against claims that you are glory hunters. You've justified what the rest of us fans have known for years.

And to those Man Utd fans who like to bang on about how they were Man Utd fans when they were at school during the 80s, look, I'm sure your suffering of 3-4 years must have been really tough when you were aged between 10 and 13 lol, but not as tough as it's going to be for the next 7 or 8 years, or heaven forbid for you all, the next 2 decades.

My club hasn't won a league title for 23 years, and I'm still here. Take a leaf out of my, and the Liverpool fans', book, you flogs.

YNWA

I often lie awake at night wondering how Liverpool fans have coped with all the rough times they've copped over the years.

I mean they even finished outside of the top six of the premier league once or twice, must take great mental strength to deal with that.

A shining beacon to us all.

I often lie awake at night wondering how Liverpool fans have coped with all the rough times they've copped over the years.

I mean they even finished outside of the top six of the premier league once or twice, must take great mental strength to deal with that.

A shining beacon to us all.

In fairness paying 20 mill for Downing must have been a traumatic experience.

Man United fans, welcome to the world of being a real football fan, you know, where you get to follow your team through thick and thin, for better or for worse (yea it's a bit like a marriage following a football team), good times and bad, and all the ups and downs.

You have had 2 decades of thick, for better, good times and ups, and good luck to you for that. But now, it's time to experience the thin, the worse, the bad and the downs. And I don't mean just this season. I mean for the next 7 to 8 trophy-less seasons. I can't see you doing anything for at least that long. You will now get your opportunity to earn your stripes as a Man Utd fan because up until now you've been free riding as a fan. But now you get to follow your club while season after season they achieve nothing. Now you finally get to be a true fan.

Now the reason I started this thread, I just went over to the Man Utd thread because I wanted to take delight in seeing what the mancs had to say about the 3-0 loss to Liverpool and wouldn't you know it, not one comment, not one. Not one thing was said about the game. These blokes carry on how loyal they are, and the one time their club needed someone to say something, the flogs all went away. I'm sure if they were in title contention, there would have been a plethora of comments because I've seen them say plenty after a Liverpool loss but they were still top of the ladder. But losing 3-0 at home to the bitter rival and not being in title contention, nor top 4 contention, it's as low as it gets for this club. And haven't the fans come out in force to show their support...NOT. Take a good hard look at yourselves BF Man Utd fans, you are a disgrace. No wonder you constantly have to defend yourselves against claims that you are glory hunters. You've justified what the rest of us fans have known for years.

And to those Man Utd fans who like to bang on about how they were Man Utd fans when they were at school during the 80s, look, I'm sure your suffering of 3-4 years must have been really tough when you were aged between 10 and 13 lol, but not as tough as it's going to be for the next 7 or 8 years, or heaven forbid for you all, the next 2 decades.

My club hasn't won a league title for 23 years, and I'm still here. Take a leaf out of my, and the Liverpool fans', book, you flogs.

YNWA

Assuming you were born in the mid 80's (Because if you were born in the 60's/70's lets talk about glory hunting supporters!)

1988,1989,1990,1992,1995, 2001x3,2003,2005x2, 2006, 2012

Liverpool fans suffering has been so hard heaven forbid!

The worst of them will just become City or Chelsea fans and like a high percentage of United fans on this site will only be seen in good times.

A few of them already disappeared or got banned for making racist comments, so yeah it's all going tumbling down

Mordor is finally falling

I do like a good United supporter mocking thread.

So far we've had input from supporters of City, Arsenal, Liverpool and someone who can obviously remember the mid 90s and supports Blackburn.

:D
And still a couple waste the opportunity by just having sly digs at Liverpool! Sad.

Waste the opportunity? This year has been one huge opportunity.

But the mocking after a victory has never sat well with me, and it always makes me laugh when a supporters of a club like Liverpool talks about how hard they've had it, and how loyal they are to have stuck with it.

I'm still backing Moyesiah to win the CL.

This has me torn.

Is it wrong to ponder being kicked out this week and battered by City to hasten his sacking?? (God that does feel dirty)

Or is it better to win the CL and have him stay....

Even as I write this is want us to win the CL even if it means he stays.

Thanks fella's I feel a little better now!

This has me torn.

Is it wrong to ponder being kicked out this week and battered by City to hasten his sacking?? (God that does feel dirty)

hahaha have no fear you are no chance of winning the UCL!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has me torn.

If Moyes somehow wins the CL then he's had a successful season. That's about the only way he can salvage the season now.

Have't checked the Man Utd thread today but after the 3-0 win against Olympiakos this morning I can only assume they have come out in force toasting the win and swearing their allegiance to the club.

Have't checked the Man Utd thread today but after the 3-0 win against Olympiakos this morning I can only assume they have come out in force toasting the win and swearing their allegiance to the club.

Well you would be wrong wouldn't you if you bothered to have a look.

Looks like assuming has made an ass out of you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back