Discussion manangatang's Diary

Remove this Banner Ad

Both the font and the type weight have remained exactly the same throughout this thread.

Are you on drugs?
I'm sorry your font is unreadable, please use a font invented after 1865

I'm sorry your font is unreadable, please use a font invented after 1865
As chance would have it, Courier New (like most fonts we use today) was created well after 1865. Almost 100 years after that, in fact.

As chance would have it, Courier New (like most fonts we use today) was created well after 1865. Almost 100 years after that, in fact.
please stop using your typewriter on the internet.

1582584521297.png

Dear Diary R5.png

Dear Diary,

After taking some advice, I thought I'd try a new font this week - what do you think?

I missed my visit with Dr. Schnitzerhund this week, because apparently he decided to go on a Sicilian Pork Sausage-making workshop in Kyneton. I guess I didn't really need his help this week anyway, because I'm feeling pretty good.

I tried to make sure I kept doing the exercises he told me to do though, including drawing my thoughts, feelings and experiences. My Mum always told me that I had a knack for art and I have to say I'm pretty proud of the drawings I'm doing.

This week I drew a picture of a recent experience I had. Simone (remember, she's my friend who is also a wheel of Gruyere) accompanied me on a picnic and so I thought I'd draw that…

Picnic.png

This might sound a bit cheesy, but sometimes I think everyone needs a wheel of Gruyere to lean on. They make great listeners!

What I’m thankful for:

I saw an old friend who I haven't seen in AGES re-appear this week. Wooshette makes a lot of people very happy and has such a way with words!

IMG_3579.jpg

It certainly cheered me up to see her back!

I was also really happy and excited to hear that my good friend Proper Gander won a North Canberra poster design prize when she was 14! I’d love to see the poster she created - maybe I should ask her to share it?

I guess I didn't totally hate my match thread this week either. I certainly got a laugh out of their team-sheet errors - really zany stuff!

What made me sad:

I’ve noticed that one of the other posters around here appears to be struggling with some demons, and this always makes me sorrowful.

I won’t name them (because, let’s face it, I’m scared for my safety), but let’s just label them MPPW or something. The signs of madness are clear to me – accusing non-simmers of rigging games, necro-bumping old threads, crazy team sheet antics, love of vegan pizza. It's a cry for help.

I’ve decided that I’ll help this person out, so I called Dr. Schnitzerhund and asked him to set aside some time for a consultation. Fingers crossed she can be helped like I have been!

I was also really sad to see that the leaders of the team we played against in the Sweet F.A. this week seemed to have forgotten that some of its really important players had some really big milestones. I cried for a few hours thinking about how poor, sweet Dingster must have felt to know that his own team doesn't care about him or his shitty milestones.

Learning of the week:

Great news, Diary! In our match thread against the Wonders, I learnt a new form of ‘banter’ which I’m thinking of adopting. I’m not 100% good at it yet, but I think it works something like this:

1. Enter the match thread having not really read what has already been written. Try to go in with the intention of raising some dust!
2. Write something like this (it’s important not to reply to any particular post): ‘Oh hey [opposition team] and/or [opposition player] sucks and/or is rattled and/or is losing their touch. It’s sad to see lol’. Note: I’m thinking of adding the lol for some extra flourish.
3. Don’t reply to anything that anyone else writes in response, but try another variation of the above a few hours later.
4. Declare that you’re winning at banter in some way (maybe say ‘good to see I’ve triggered you’ or reinforce that ‘it’s sad to see [insert opponent] struggling like this’ or refer to them being 'a shadow of the poster they were').
5. Repeat all week

This new and engaging style is sure to bring about the level of repartee I’ve been so desperately seeking.

Until next week!

- Tang

I honestly thought you were held together by more than papier mache and staples. I guess I was wrong.
I'll add this to my list of things to use in my banter in coming weeks!

Apologies for not reading Mang's Diary entry for Round 5 properly. I have now re-read it and I admit to being pained not on my behalf but on his behalf, his comrades as well as my folk from my mob.

While thread and match were exhausting (for me anyways), in MHO it contained a lot of quality banter from players of both sides as well as visitors.

Learning of the week:

Great news, Diary! In our match thread against the Wonders, I learnt a new form of ‘banter’ which I’m thinking of adopting. I’m not 100% good at it yet, but I think it works something like this:

1. Enter the match thread having not really read what has already been written. Try to go in with the intention of raising some dust!
2. Write something like this (it’s important not to reply to any particular post): ‘Oh hey [opposition team] and/or [opposition player] sucks and/or is rattled and/or is losing their touch. It’s sad to see lol’. Note: I’m thinking of adding the lol for some extra flourish.
3. Don’t reply to anything that anyone else writes in response, but try another variation of the above a few hours later.
4. Declare that you’re winning at banter in some way (maybe say ‘good to see I’ve triggered you’ or reinforce that ‘it’s sad to see [insert opponent] struggling like this’ or refer to them being 'a shadow of the poster they were').
5. Repeat all week

This new and engaging style is sure to bring about the level of repartee I’ve been so desperately seeking.

Until next week!

- Tang

Starts taking notes.....

Round 6 Entry
Dear Diary R6.png

Dear Diary,

Outside of the match threads, the weeks seem to really be dragging for me by at the moment.

It doesn’t help that Dr. Schnitzerhund has had to quarantine himself. It turns out that his sausage-making workshop involved some dubious protein sources, and this has led to some mild, flu-like symptoms. It also turns out that he shared his sausages with Missy Higgins' Dad, which is fairly weird.

Of course this means I’ve just not been able to see him, and I can sense my mental state slipping. I’ve spent my time doing some home-based activities to stave off boredom.

It’s that funny time of year where it’s too hot for pants but too cold for shorts, so I decided to knit myself some shorts from some leftover hair I had stashed away!

1583748822361.png

I also thought I’d start a cookbook. I found Tarks’ pet hamster (Presti) and baked him for 40 minutes on a low temperature. I won’t paste in the ‘after’ photo because I’m a bit sad about it.

1583748869722.png

I’m hoping Dr. Schnitzerhund is out of quarantine soon, because I feel like these projects are just gateways for other, more earnest craft pursuits. I don’t think the world is ready for that.

What I’m thankful for:

We had a really wonderful match thread this week against some opponent friends, the Royals. I got a real giggle out of Noobz0r, while Marlowe inspired me to rediscover my love of robot music. Good times.

My dear friend Headless managed to play one of the best games from the interchange that I’ve ever seen. It's probably the best ever, although I don't really know whether that's true or not.

I love this time of year – trade week! Everyone gets completely overwhelmed with hopes and dreams. The excitement is building as hordes of players start to seek new homes, and captains consider juicy, mutually beneficial trade scenarios.

I’m pinning all of my ennui-breaking hopes on a really active and action-packed week!

What made me sad:

While trade week is sure to be a veritable bounty of excitement and activity, my mind always turns to those among us who miss out. One little warrior in particular comes to mind for me right now – friend of this diary, Metalcrusher (aka campaignery aka crushy).

Making matters worse for him right now is the fact that the Bombers continue to raise prospective trades for him regardless of him not actually being on their list. His little hopes must be crushed just like the metal he disposes of so thoughtfully.

Hey diary - remember that poster I wrote about last week who was having some problems? Well, apparently she did some kind of subtle borderline cheating in a Werewolf game. It’s clear that things aren’t going so well for her right now, and I do hope she agrees to go along to the appointment I made with Dr. Schnitzerhund (once he’s out of quarantine of course).

Learning of the week:

It turns out that people don't really like it when you catch, kill and cook their small furry pets - even Tarks is not immune from this.

Even though I cooked it slowly and accompanied it with some honey carrots and crispy roasted potatoes, he just couldn't get past the whole 'it's my pet' thing.

It's kind of put a downer on my cookbook idea already, which is a real shame.

Until next week,

- Tang

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Diary,

Outside of the match threads, the weeks seem to really be dragging for me by at the moment.

It doesn’t help that Dr. Schnitzerhund has had to quarantine himself. It turns out that his sausage-making workshop involved some dubious protein sources, and this has led to some mild, flu-like symptoms. It also turns out that he shared his sausages with Missy Higgins' Dad, which is fairly weird.

Of course this means I’ve just not been able to see him, and I can sense my mental state slipping. I’ve spent my time doing some home-based activities to stave off boredom.

It’s that funny time of year where it’s too hot for pants but too cold for shorts, so I decided to knit myself some shorts from some leftover hair I had stashed away!

View attachment 836508

I also thought I’d start a cookbook. I found Tarks’ pet hamster (Presti) and baked him for 40 minutes on a low temperature. I won’t paste in the ‘after’ photo because I’m a bit sad about it.

View attachment 836510

I’m hoping Dr. Schnitzerhund is out of quarantine soon, because I feel like these projects are just gateways for other, more earnest craft pursuits. I don’t think the world is ready for that.

What I’m thankful for:

We had a really wonderful match thread this week against some opponent friends, the Royals. I got a real giggle out of Noobz0r, while Marlowe inspired me to rediscover my love of robot music. Good times.

My dear friend Headless managed to play one of the best games from the interchange that I’ve ever seen. It's probably the best ever, although I don't really know whether that's true or not.

I love this time of year – trade week! Everyone gets completely overwhelmed with hopes and dreams. The excitement is building as hordes of players start to seek new homes, and captains consider juicy, mutually beneficial trade scenarios.

I’m pinning all of my ennui-breaking hopes on a really active and action-packed week!

What made me sad:

While trade week is sure to be a veritable bounty of excitement and activity, my mind always turns to those among us who miss out. One little warrior in particular comes to mind for me right now – friend of this diary, Metalcrusher (aka campaignery aka crushy).

Making matters worse for him right now is the fact that the Bombers continue to raise prospective trades for him regardless of him not actually being on their list. His little hopes must be crushed just like the metal he disposes of so thoughtfully.

Hey diary - remember that poster I wrote about last week who was having some problems? Well, apparently she did some kind of subtle borderline cheating in a Werewolf game. It’s clear that things aren’t going so well for her right now, and I do hope she agrees to go along to the appointment I made with Dr. Schnitzerhund (once he’s out of quarantine of course).

Learning of the week:

It turns out that people don't really like it when you catch, kill and cook their small furry pets - even Tarks is not immune from this.

Even though I cooked it slowly and accompanied it with some honey carrots and crispy roasted potatoes, he just couldn't get past the whole 'it's my pet' thing.

It's kind of put a downer on my cookbook idea already, which is a real shame.

Until next week,

- Tang
No doubt it’s the hottest Presti ever was.

Also manangatang I revenge cooked Proper Gander because she’s your pet as far as our leadership group’s concerned. Will send through the recipe for your cookbook - please come up with a few synonyms for dry and inedible so that your readers don’t get bored.

I'm not mean to Tarks; I may have been slightly unkind to his pet hamster, but how could I have known that Tarks would feel bad about it?

Disappointing. Disingenuous.

Of course Tarks is distraught. How was he to know his hamster was a protesting buddhist monk?

Disappointing. Disingenuous.

Of course Tarks is distraught. How was he to know his hamster was a protesting buddhist monk?
Probably all the protesting it was doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back