Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
Nolito has been signed. Where does he fit in, 2nd striking option behind Aguero? First choice winger? Both?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Nolito has been signed. Where does he fit in, 2nd striking option behind Aguero? First choice winger? Both?
left winger. absolute bargain for a player of his quality. was the most creative player in la liga a couple of seasons back.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CmdFGwsW8AIY07E.jpg:large

Shirts look better than I was fearing. Not a fan of the sleeves, or the shorts.

Bloke in the middle is ok though.

They look much better on than off.

I'm still not a fan of the whole kit.

The best shirts we have had in years were just the basic "ringer t-shirt" ones.

Sky blue with white trim.

Simples.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
i watched about 80 mins of it. some very positives signs, and some very samey signs. not even close to a pep team yet, but that is to be expected. bayern looked stronger for the first half, clearly on the back of most of those guys already having actual game minutes from a few days before. but we worked into it mostly off the back of the young players who took over. maffeo, tosin and tasende the bright sparks. there was a lot more focus on retaining the ball rather than just sitting back and countering. not there yet but we'll get there. had some good attacking moves. not sure barker will ever make it at this level though

i watched about 80 mins of it. some very positives signs, and some very samey signs. not even close to a pep team yet, but that is to be expected. bayern looked stronger for the first half, clearly on the back of most of those guys already having actual game minutes from a few days before. but we worked into it mostly off the back of the young players who took over. maffeo, tosin and tasende the bright sparks. there was a lot more focus on retaining the ball rather than just sitting back and countering. not there yet but we'll get there. had some good attacking moves. not sure barker will ever make it at this level though

Thanks kizza or whatever the hell your name is now.....;)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
i did manage to learn that kolarov isn't a centreback and navas probably has no future at the club. there was one moment where willy saves because kolarov randomly decided to come and cover the play that tosin was side by side with, leaving his man alone in the box.

moomba anything worth noting from the Bayern game?

Not a noticeable difference in game style, but a world apart in terms of pressing and effort. Was really pleasing to see. Kids acquitted themselves well. Tosin, Angelino particularly good IMO. Maffeo was an interesting one, I thought he looked great but Bayern's best chances in the first half came from his side. No shame in Ribery touching you up though, he does that to the best in the world let alone a teenager.

Pep was very animated and at one stage had a go at someone just jogging back (think it was Barker who can look lazy when he doesn't have the ball). Yaya and Kolarov better be worried though, cause I don't think he will stand for it.

Didn't see a whole lot of Zinchenko but he looked pretty solid when he had the ball. Played mainly through the middle in an AM role and did well. Lot's of effort and energy.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I only read the City section on the Manchester Evening News site so miss the "general comment" in the pommy media but they seem to be quite enamoured of our Pep and his stylings.

Interesting to see what gets said when we drop a game???

Back