Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Schneiderlin is off to Everton after a £22M fee was agreed. We've made bloody good money here and nearly recouped what we paid for Morgan. Amazing considering he's played a few minutes in the league this season and hasn't exactly impressed in the two years he's been here. It takes one very good, patient manager like Mourinho to get a transfer fee like that for someone surplus to requirement. Rewind to 2015 and the ridiculously talented 28-year old Nani commanded a £4M fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah £25m would've been good, but atleast we're not selling him for £15m or something like we would've under LVG or Moyes.

Depay will be next, although surely if he got a chance and gained his confidence he'd be better off keeping than Lingard?

Memphis is more talented than Lingard but doesn't have the work ethic to fulfill his potential. Lingard is a very good squad player to have in any PL team. If both are playing well, both would stay in my team, they're different type of wingers.

Fellaini extends his contract by 12 months. Makes sense, we'll get more ££ for him when he leaves. Well played Woody :cool:

So it sounds as though we are in for both Lindelof and Bakayoko, but likely to wait until the summer window opens to make a move on either.

Apparently there is some concern that Chelsea are also looking at Bakayoko which may force our hand a little earlier, so my question is this:

Why wouldn't we try and buy him now & loan him back to Monaco for the remainder of the season?

That way we've got our man but Monaco keep him as they push for the Ligue 1 title, domestic cup and an unlikely win over Man City in the Champions League.

So it sounds as though we are in for both Lindelof and Bakayoko, but likely to wait until the summer window opens to make a move on either.

Apparently there is some concern that Chelsea is also looking at Bakayoko which may force our hand a little earlier, so my question is this:

Why wouldn't we try and buy him now & loan him back to Monaco for the remainder of the season?

That way we've got our man but Monaco keep him as they push for the Ligue 1 title, domestic cup and an unlikely win over Man City in the Champions League.
I like this but they say we want him now which is a tough ask. I'd like it to be our plan b.
Lindelof looks like another squad player, not overly impressed. Sounds as though Benfica are being difficult to deal with, or we've dropped our interest.

I like this but they say we want him now which is a tough ask. I'd like it to be our plan b.

Maybe we do but Monaco have every right to dig their heels in. They could well go the domestic double this year & are still in UCL contention.

I would think purchasing now with an immediate loan back would be a reasonable compromise.

Lindelof looks like another squad player, not overly impressed. Sounds as though Benfica are being difficult to deal with, or we've dropped our interest.

I don't know much about him but at 22 he has great scope for improvement.

I would think our interest has waned somewhat with Jones and Rojo impressing of late but we may come again for him at the end of the season.

Lindelof is being well overpriced and we can get better for that money.

We should sign Bakayoko now and maybe loan them Fosu-Mensah or someone else in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team at this stage will likely be

-------------------de Gea----------------
---Valencia--Smalling--Jones--Blind---
------------------Carrick-----------------
--------Herrera------------Pogba--------
---Miki-----------Zlatan-------Martial---

Think that will get a draw at worse but quietly confident

I expect 3 points and will be disappointed with less.

This is a big statement game for us and we need to make one after our failings at Stamford Bridge.

All well and good beating shite but for me this game will give another glimpse of how we are truly going since that Chelsea game.

You've got to be kidding mate, provided you never played him.

Anyway, it's 24 after add ons anyway.

Why would I be kidding? I'm sick of us selling for unders, however I'm fine with this deal.

Why would I be kidding? I'm sick of us selling for unders, however I'm fine with this deal.
Even with the market the way it is you can't expect a bloke's value to go up if you have barely played him for about a year.

The deal was very fair for both parties.

I expect 3 points and will be disappointed with less.

This is a big statement game for us and we need to make one after our failings at Stamford Bridge.

All well and good beating shite but for me this game will give another glimpse of how we are truly going since that Chelsea game.

Spot on. This game is a big one, at home, 9 wins in a row, 6 in a row in the PL, against Liverpool, we will see how much we actually have improved since Chelsea.

I would love to stamp ourselves as a threat by belting Liverpool.

Anything but a win will be disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back