Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon most of the team picks itself...

Schmikes
bossed games from the pen area

Irwin
G Nev
Stam
Vidic

Stam and Vidic are tough hard men and would probably be 'rated' the best defenders we had. I would probably prefer to have a ball playing Centre half like Rio (people forget sometimes how good he was at his peak when not merking people or forgetting to piss in a bottle). I am also fond of the Bruce/Pally partnership.

Ronnie
Giggs
Keane
Scholes

Just an awesome 4sum. Unlucky to miss out, Becks, and if it was based on my mancrush over Prem best, Robbo would be in it and captain.

Cantona
RVN

The artist and the goalscorer. Eric would have fed RVN goals all day. Really wanted to put Sparky in, but pure goals wins out. Ole has to be on the bench.

Made me think about some of the players to have worn red in the years leading up to the Prem as well (and a little in to it)

Les Sealy
Clayton Sunbed Blackmore
William Prunier
Lee (that goal) Martin
Lee Sharpe (the shuffle)
Danny Wallace

Many many more interesting players in our history I am sure that people recall for whatever reasons.

Well good to see we won this morning just to ease the pressure a little. Was still 1-1 at the 60 min mark and was looking dodgy again.

We need to string some good performances and wins together in the PL now, can't let that gap from City get any bigger, just keep pace.

This season yes.

I think he has been poor for longer masked by the shitness around him.

No doubt but he usually bounces back and all is forgiven, I think this is his worse actual run, has to be bad now that the media has also turned on him.

No doubt but he usually bounces back and all is forgiven, I think this is his worse actual run, has to be bad now that the media has also turned on him.

More noticeable now because he slows us down. Last season it did not matter as we played slow football.

Doesn't really offer value anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Rooney playing every week for United is like the story of Harry Redknapp picking out an abusive fan (Steve Davies) out of the crowd to play for West Ham in a Pre-Season friendly in 1994. The only difference being Rooney gets paid £300,000 a week to turn out performances like what Steve Davies would if he played against Premier League opposition every week.

It's just sad that Jose Mourinho has 13 years of being this great manager, winning title after title, European titles etc and one of the most useless footballers he has ever had, he plays every week.

No amount of aggression will make a difference. Rooney will never go back to being a quality footballer. He won't regain form to play good football over a 5-6 week period. He's done as being anything that resembles a United player. He might decent in a terrible side, but then again, who even knows about that.

Last edited:
Wayne Rooney playing every week for United is like the story of Harry Redknapp picking out an abusive fan (Steve Davies) out of the crowd to play for West Ham in a Pre-Season friendly in 1994. The only difference being Rooney gets paid £300,000 a week to turn out performances like what Steve Davies would if he played against Premier League opposition every week.

It's just sad that Jose Mourinho has 13 years of being this great manager, winning title after title, European titles etc and one of the most useless footballers he has ever had, he plays every week.

No amount of aggression will make a difference. Rooney will never go back to being a quality footballer. He won't regain form to play good football over a 5-6 week period. He's done as being anything that resembles a United player. He might decent in a terrible side, but then again, who even knows about that.

He was still s**t in the worst United side seen for 30 years last season!

Jesus, this is the best I've seen us play since SAF. The difference between us with Rooney and us without at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back