Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His leadership, arrogance and confidence is just what our squad needed after the Moyes/LVG confidence sapping times. You can see he really commands the respect of other players and is a great mentor too.

I really hope he stays on with us next season as I would love to see him win the league (and hopefully give the CL a good shake). All the news coming out is that Jose knows exactly who he wants and what needs to happen to take us to the next step so would love for Zlatan to be part of the whole project.

There's an option for a second season in Zlatan's contract and that will definitely be taken up.

What a great use of a free transfer he has turned out to be. 26 goals in all competitions and a minimum of 16 matches left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's an option for a second season in Zlatan's contract and that will definitely be taken up.

What a great use of a free transfer he has turned out to be. 26 goals in all competitions and a minimum of 16 matches left.

Still worry about that though, not sure if I see Martial or Rashford scoring 26+ when he leaves...

Still worry about that though, not sure if I see Martial or Rashford scoring 26+ when he leaves...

We hopefully won't need a high goals output from one of them. Just some better consistency throughout and more wins where we drew. But if we could get 18-20 in the league from one of them after Zlatan is gone, I'll be ecstatic.

Hopefully Luke Shaw gets a run soon, looks to be frozen out by Mou.
Someone on redcafe posted this and i think it does provide a good theory on Shaw

Yeah but not quite in the sensational statement "He is suffering from depression" like some have claimed. I said in this thread that I think the scenario is probably something like:

Due to the horrific nature of the injury he probably finds himself hesitating or not commuting to tackles properly or/and he avoids dribbling/running into a sea of defenders. There's a bit of a mental block there.

When I was younger I came off my bike around a roundabout and face planted the concrete. It took me years to have proper confidence around corners again as I felt like leaning into them would slip my wheels out from underneath me again. No matter how much I tried to convince myself it was safe because I'd done it successfully thousands of times before, my brain made the balance feel wrong and unstable.

I imagine Luke has a similar sensation when he throws his leg into a challenge. Or is about to be slide tackled. As such his instincts will have him making the wrong decisions.

If that's the case, it's understandable that Mourinho isn't giving him game time even in the reserves as not only can it make it even more dangerous for him, it also means Mourinho cannot fully trust him to do his job properly on the field.

What if a big strong winger was about to blast past him and get into a good position to cross, would Shaw have the confidence to put in a big tackle to stop him?

I think it's something along those lines and Mourinho understands and is letting him go through the process of overcoming it properly, no doubt working very closely with a sports psychologist.

We'll draw 0-0

24DtGgdCRjnutJPctX7GiYt0E_giGcSkmGzEJF5E_u2Ua5d9CTrU-LBl73QbGRfLj3Yhi_xdFx9ebGYBmkrbgRUr-YEpSS61F6IQXbUeq3tO7m0guLVAoJ14kj_uDgrfNYRpxPqDGZ_RFhGefGIcne8=w360-h240-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly surprising. Should've known before the match we'd bottle our one chance to move off 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back