Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Morata is the one we'll be signing.

That deal is over 50m in value so pretty good if DDG decides to go.
Well with griezman saying he is staying at Madrid, it is possible but I'd prefer to get James from this deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd like to see rashford get a lot more game time next season then United to try and sign morata.

I'd be very happy with Morata as I think he'd work a lot better with the players around him (Myki, Mata, Rashford etc) than Lukaku would. IMO if we're to challenge for the title we need to find a way to share the load in the attacking third and I don't think Lukaku is going to improve us at all in that regard.
Lukaku is a target man like ibra, and would fit well into our system and I'd sign lukaku over morata any day as well as morata hasn't had much game time since he is second to benzema.

Lukaku is a target man like ibra, and would fit well into our system and I'd sign lukaku over morata any day as well as morata hasn't had much game time since he is second to benzema.

I don't want an out right target man leading the line as I think an over reliance on a big man to score goals is severely limiting the overall effectiveness of our attack. This season has shown that we don't have the support cast to take full advantage of a player like that. We're too predictable playing with a target man leading the line and the lack of quality movement and pace in our attack is a big factor in why we're struggling to score goals.

We had a reliable target man scoring at an impressive rate this season and it wasn't enough because the players around him weren't chipping in anywhere near regularly enough. If we swap Zlatan for Lukaku that won't change.

De Saver is De Staying

I would say Morata over Lukaku and we would be getting 2 cbs
2 CBs? That would mean both Jones and Mike are off with Bailly, Daley, Rojo and Axel staying plus 2 more? Reckon we'll only buy 1. Need to get more games into Axel next year or loan him to a prem team.

2 CBs? That would mean both Jones and Mike are off with Bailly, Daley, Rojo and Axel staying plus 2 more? Reckon we'll only buy 1. Need to get more games into Axel next year or loan him to a prem team.
I think its is more that Rojo will be Injured for a while and Jose would probably want the extra security

I don't want an out right target man leading the line as I think an over reliance on a big man to score goals is severely limiting the overall effectiveness of our attack. This season has shown that we don't have the support cast to take full advantage of a player like that. We're too predictable playing with a target man leading the line and the lack of quality movement and pace in our attack is a big factor in why we're struggling to score goals.

We had a reliable target man scoring at an impressive rate this season and it wasn't enough because the players around him weren't chipping in anywhere near regularly enough. If we swap Zlatan for Lukaku that won't change.
Yeah but I'm saying lukaku as a replace for zlatan as well as miki wasn't 100% because of injuries but he was he was putting goals in all the time.

As well as we put in 10 more goals than last year, yeah I know not a massive improvement but it is a start and also getting use to the mou system of parking the bus and going defensive at just 1-0 up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ibra decision was made easy after his unfortunate injury. Best option for the club.

Would have been interesting to see how it played out if he had not hurt himself and was fully fit.
would have been a bitter divorce imo so.

Thanks Ibra, all the best. 28 goals for the season for a 35-year old, not bad at all. His knee injury ended it, I think he would've signed another year if he was still fit.

Does Morata come in and take the number 9? Or will Martial try and snatch it back? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back