Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre season has been all over the place. Not sure we are ready for Sat morning.

A few sides are in the same boat as us, Spurs and Chelsea are two others, not much action.

We aren’t, an Mou is already running his mouth with stuff like “this could be a difficult season”, well it absolutely will be from what I’ve seen, all our pre season games have been putrid.

It is only pre season games only the players that aren't guaranteed starters go out and actually try to perform.
I wouldn't be panicking just yet see who else we buy if we do but we've added more than we've lost and losing rojo ain't that big of a deal.
Plus expecting pogba to have a big season now coming off the world cup win and added fred to free him up in the midfield, but not sure if mous just making bs by saying we aren't ready or just playing mind games with the rest of the league.

We aren’t, an Mou is already running his mouth with stuff like “this could be a difficult season”, well it absolutely will be from what I’ve seen, all our pre season games have been putrid.

Didn't we just knock-off Real Madrid 2-0?

2-1, hardly a good performance though.

I'm not expecting us to win the Premier league.....Can't see anyone other than Liverpool taking it up to Man City this year anyways.

Top 4 will be the goal & if we can jag the FA Cup & possibly the Champions league, then that's plenty good enough.

I'm still full from the Fergie glut of Premier league titles anyhow, so I'm not too overly concerned about it yet.

I'm not expecting us to win the Premier league.....Can't see anyone other than Liverpool taking it up to Man City this year anyways.

Top 4 will be the goal & if we can jag the FA Cup & possibly the Champions league, then that's plenty good enough.

I'm still full from the Fergie glut of Premier league titles anyhow, so I'm not too overly concerned about it yet.

Fair enough, but winning the PL should always be the aim for United, not top 4, or we will become Arsenal 2.0

"The other clubs who compete with us are really strong and already have fantastic teams.

"Or they are investing massively like Liverpool, who are buying everything and everybody.

"If we don’t make our team better, it will be a difficult season for us.”

That's not the reality Manchester United fans want to hear from Jose Mourinho.

As a fan this sort of s**t isn’t what you want to hear.

"The other clubs who compete with us are really strong and already have fantastic teams.

"Or they are investing massively like Liverpool, who are buying everything and everybody.

"If we don’t make our team better, it will be a difficult season for us.”

That's not the reality Manchester United fans want to hear from Jose Mourinho.

As a fan this sort of s**t isn’t what you want to hear.
Disagree. He is stating facts and putting the pressure on Woody to get the deals done that he was asked to do months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expectations lads? Have to say I am thinking a battle for top 4 atm and UCL RD Of 16 at best with the current squad. What a shame.

I think we still have the third best team so should finish third.

Big Rom will fire us.
Yeah i'm predicting top 3 only liverpool and city would be above us but we still have a decent shot at the title this year just need to keep up with city.
We have an easy first 10 games except for spurs in the 3rd game, but if we can manage at least 7 or 8 wins we should be fine depending on how players go with stay healthy etc.

I reckon if we have a good season then second will be the go....A bad season could see us slide to fifth behind Tottenham & Chelsea.

They are certainly dragging their feet on deciding which central defender to plump for, out of Jerome Boateng, Harry Maguire or Toby Alderwereld.

Expectations lads? Have to say I am thinking a battle for top 4 atm and UCL RD Of 16 at best with the current squad. What a shame.

I think it'll go pretty similarly to last season TBH. I don't see us closing the gap to City but I think the doom and gloom stuff about pre season performances and lack of transfer activity has been way over blown. This team beat everyone in the competition last season and knows how to grind out results. I'm expecting Lukaku to keep getting better and I think Sanchez will be much improved after finally getting a break. I see us finishing top three.

Gut feel is we will be battling for the 3rd and 4th spots and will need to at our best but could well be a 5th - 8th team.

I can see unrest and possible implosions with several of squad towards Mou namely Martial, Shaw and Pogba.

This will be a very bumpy season for all at OT.

#iwantedgiggs

Gut feel is we will be battling for the 3rd and 4th spots and will need to at our best but could well be a 5th - 8th team.

I can see unrest and possible implosions with several of squad towards Mou namely Martial, Shaw and Pogba.

This will be a very bumpy season for all at OT.

#iwantedgiggs

Yep, hold on tight!!

I don't want to sound like ty from arsenalfantv but we do have a good chance this year we didn't lose anyone but gained a couple of players.
Hard to tell until the first 10 games of the season where we stand we still are top 3 material at least.
If we have most players heathly aka jones and bailly then we should be fine in the defence side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back