Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the team clicks then we'll challenge. On paper the best 11 is very good.
Even last season we beat every top 5-6 team so not sure where this "united are going downhill" has come from, just have to see how the season pans out.

Line up predictions and result? Despite an underwhelming transfer window it’s good to finally start the new season.

De Gea

Darmian Bailey Jones Shaw

Fred Pogba Periera

Mata Sanchez Rashford

Prediction: United 2-2 Leicester.

Periera and Sanchez to score.

Line up predictions and result? Despite an underwhelming transfer window it’s good to finally start the new season.

De Gea

Darmian Bailey Jones Shaw

Fred Pogba Periera

Mata Sanchez Rashford

Prediction: United 2-2 Leicester.

Periera and Sanchez to score.

Darmian, Shaw & Pereira ahead of Young, Lingard & Martial?.....And no Lukaku?

Our performance against Bayern Munich in our last match necessitates a few more changes than that side, I'd of thought.

Our performance against Bayern Munich in our last match necessitates a few more changes than that side, I'd of thought.

Lukaku on the bench I reckon. Plus Shaw deserves a shot over young who may not play, and who knows with martial.

Don't see how Martial is competing with those three.

If the team clicks then we'll challenge. On paper the best 11 is very good.

We were not that good last year really and not that good this season either.

Jones, Lingard, Young, Valencia, Smalling are not first 11 footballers at the good clubs with most of these muppets being first team regulars for United last campaign and likely again this campaign....SMH

Even last season we beat every top 5-6 team so not sure where this "united are going downhill" has come from, just have to see how the season pans out.

Because we out performed our abilities last year.

If Lindgard, Smalling, Jones, Young and Valencia are worthy best 11 players in any other top clubs in Europe I will eat my hat!

If Lindgard, Smalling, Jones, Young and Valencia are worthy best 11 players in any other top clubs in Europe I will eat my hat!
Harsh on Lingard. Had some v. good games late last year.

Good result. Solid performance. Nervy ending. Very happy for Shaw!

Good result. We looked really rusty but there were some promising signs in there. I liked Lindelof's game and I hope he can build some confidence this season because there's clearly a lot of potential there. Fred and Pereira are very handy additions to midfield, its nice to finally have a player other than Pogba who is comfortable on the ball. I'm hoping we see a lot more of them playing together in these sort of fixtures.

Young & Valencia at their peak would have easily....They still offer excellent value as squad players.....Lingard is still young & improving & has the necessary skill-set required at the highest level.

Smalling & Jones, while not exactly A-grade defenders, are solid enough down back for the premier league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young & Valencia at their peak would have easily....They still offer excellent value as squad players.....Lingard is still young & improving & has the necessary skill-set required at the highest level.

Smalling & Jones, while not exactly A-grade defenders, are solid enough down back for the premier league.

umm my comment is about now.

If my sister had a penis she would be my brother.

umm my comment is about now.

If my sister had a penis she would be my brother.

This really adds nothing of value to the convo.

On their day both Valencia & Youngs skill levels, pace & abilities still stand up at the highest level.....I'd be confident having both of them in a Champions league final, assuming they were well rested the week prior.....Lingard would be no problem either.

\
This really adds nothing of value to the convo.

On their day both Valencia & Youngs skill levels, pace & abilities still stand up at the highest level.....I'd be confident having both of them in a Champions league final, assuming they were well rested the week prior.....Lingard would be no problem either.

You have used the terms "at their peak" and "on their day" in your argument, reinforcing that currently (today, here and now) they are not what they have been and while they might have a decent game here and there they are not the quality I expect in a United starting 11.

You are entitled to your opinion but if you seriously think we can win the League or reach an ECL Final with the likes of Young, Valencia and Lingard in the line up then i will just giggle to myself and shake my head at you.

\

You have used the terms "at their peak" and "on their day" in your argument, reinforcing that currently (today, here and now) they are not what they have been and while they might have a decent game here and there they are not the quality I expect in a United starting 11.

You are entitled to your opinion but if you seriously think we can win the League or reach an ECL Final with the likes of Young, Valencia and Lingard in the line up then i will just giggle to myself and shake my head at you.

All 3 of Valencia, Young & Lingard are A-grade players.....I'd be comfortable going into any big final with them all.

All 3 of Valencia, Young & Lingard are A-grade players.....I'd be comfortable going into any big final with them all.
Valencia has fallen off a cliff. Hopefully Dalot replaces him as soon as fit.

Shaw should have Young covered as well.

Lingard I dislike however his last several months deserve recognition, he was wonderful for England as well, I love Mata but he is slow and that's possibly where Lingard should be targeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back