Manchester United Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I want to see Cavani starting. His movement is so much better than Martial's and will create a lot more scoring opportunities moving forward. I also really liked what I saw from Telles today and hope he can nail down a starting spot now. Having a fullback who actually adds something to the attacking phase of play will make a world of difference I feel.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
I want to see Cavani starting. His movement is so much better than Martial's and will create a lot more scoring opportunities moving forward. I also really liked what I saw from Telles today and hope he can nail down a starting spot now. Having a fullback who actually adds something to the attacking phase of play will make a world of difference I feel.
Yeah I hate to say it but Martials form has dropped badly he needs a rest, he should've buried that first chance he had.

I agree with you Cavani should be starting to pose more of an aerial threat which is what we need to mix it up.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really impressed with Van de Beek today. His one touch play and quick ball movement were brilliant in the opening half. Working out a way to get him and Bruno starting together will be the key to us unlocking deep block defensive setups. Speaking of Bruno...What a player he is. I'm loving reading through all the "Penandes" salt in the matchday threads these days. We haven't had a player elicit this sort of reaction from opposition supporters since Ronaldo.

Henderson not playing this morning is a fair indication that he played his cards wrong, off on loan in January I think.

Otherwise not bad today, Cavani good and deserved a goal, some key passes missed in the final third.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
So do we reckon Pogba will leave for free at the end of his contract? We should probably try to sell ASAP if that is the case.

He’s not even in our best team anymore, I’d be putting all my efforts into VDB who will be a very, very good player for us.

Pogba can continue his cameo role from the bench, not entirely his fault but he could’ve done special things at United if he had the heart and desire to do so.

He’s not even in our best team anymore, I’d be putting all my efforts into VDB who will be a very, very good player for us.

Pogba can continue his cameo role from the bench, not entirely his fault but he could’ve done special things at United if he had the heart and desire to do so.
I have no issue with him leaving, just be good to get something for him.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
So do we reckon Pogba will leave for free at the end of his contract? We should probably try to sell ASAP if that is the case.
Have to sell him either Jan or next summer get whatever we can for him and use that money to buy sancho because we have tightass owners.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

VDB>Pogba.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I agree. Obviously Pogba is comfortably our most talented player but in VDB's brief cameo's it is clear that he suits the balance of the team much better than Pogba does. I think we'll be a much more dangerous team with his quick passing and direct play because Pogba's tendency to dwell on the ball and take players on really slows down our attacking movement.

Any ideas who we really need to get for this January coming?

I'd still like another centre half don't care what anyone thinks maguire and lindelof are not a good partnership.

I think we'll try and wrap up deals for Upacamano and Sancho to join us in the new season.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Great comeback from the lads but Cavani should've been starting over Greenwood. Greenwood has lost form like Martial just needs to come off the bench but if that doesn't warrant a start from Cavani I don't know what will. Still question the formation we don't play well with a diamond.

One of the few games I can say with the subs Ole got it right. Now another win with our game in hand will put us in the top 5.

Great comeback from the lads but Cavani should've been starting over Greenwood. Greenwood has lost form like Martial just needs to come off the bench but if that doesn't warrant a start from Cavani I don't know what will. Still question the formation we don't play well with a diamond.

One of the few games I can say with the subs Ole got it right. Now another win with our game in hand will put us in the top 5.

If we didn't have PSG mid-week he would have started.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
If we didn't have PSG mid-week he would have started.
He did play a whole half too though that's why i was expecting him to start, spewing before the game Martial got ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back