Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenwood probably been given a license from the coaches to just shoot at every opportunity he gets, so many times already this season he should’ve passed instead of shooting and we may have scored.
Can't remember which game specifically it was but there were at least 4 times where he could've given it off instead decided to take on the player ad take on the shot instead of passing to the open player who was Ronaldo on most of those occasions.

I get so ******* frustrated with Greenwood being selfish, but the thing that ticks me off the most is his pressing (or lack of)
He seldolm jogs around, and when we lose the ball he doesn't work hard to get back, like Bruno and Cavani
And when he does press, it's stupid. You have to curve your run to block off a passing lane, but he runs in a straigt line. I am pretty sure that was integral to Liverpool's first goal. I don't understand why all players can't show the same effort and desire to work for the team like Bruno and Cavani

View attachment 1269430

4 mins in, absolute train wreck of a system, like wtf is this? Look at them all just bundled together racing to get back, literally 3 Liverpool players to just pass to in on goal.

When Ole picks McFred again and goes into Spurs match with the same system and we proceed to lose embarrassingly. Maybe the Glazers will set up another meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson to ask him if he’s sure if the club should keep Ole.

Expect Ole to be in the job for the next several months.

When Ole picks McFred again and goes into Spurs match with the same system and we proceed to lose embarrassingly. Maybe the Glazers will set up another meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson to ask him if he’s sure if the club should keep Ole.

Expect Ole to be in the job for the next several months.

He simply CANNOT select the same XI, change it up ffs, give Sancho 90 mins, give VDB a crack, ******* drop slabhead and Shaw, both been beyond horrific this season, actually go one further and take the captaincy off Maguire, should never have got it in the first place.

Hell, give Lingard a go. Has to be changes.

He simply CANNOT select the same XI, change it up ffs, give Sancho 90 mins, give VDB a crack, ******* drop slabhead and Shaw, both been beyond horrific this season, actually go one further and take the captaincy off Maguire, should never have got it in the first place.

I'd be shocked if one of Lingard and Sancho didn't start. Telles should along with VDB.

View attachment 1269430

4 mins in, absolute train wreck of a system, like wtf is this? Look at them all just bundled together racing to get back, literally 3 Liverpool players to just pass to in on goal.
I've just realised what this looks like, a bunch of 6 or 7 year old kids running around after the ball on the school oval down the road. Maybe I'm being to harsh on the kids

2 things on VDB. He is either too bloody minded and just wont play him, or he will, in our sh*te system, we will lose and he will say, told you, that is why I have not played him.

Massively unfair on VDB, but like you said, if he starts, and we go down say 3-1, Ole will just never ever pick him again. He has his favourite starting XI, we know there’s players woefully out of form who should be dropped, but it’s almost certain Maguire, Shaw, Fernandes, Greenwood, Fred, McTominay will all play against Spurs.

Anyone else watch post game vids on YouTube with Stephen Howson? I enjoy them, he went into a good analysis for the Atalanta & Liverpool games, I also listen to 100% United pod on Spotify, those blokes are always good.

Much better than listening to sky sport pundits anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reportedly been given 3 matches to save his job. Fergie wants him retained regardless which is a little puzzling.

Conte wants the job but Glazers are far from convinced he’s the man. Whatever the case I’d be more than happy for him to take over until end of season then assess from there.

Agreed with every word.

Still baffles me Maguire is the captain. Shaw after the euros has been so poor I think starting telles over him might kick start him again.

Save VDB!

Reportedly been given 3 matches to save his job. Fergie wants him retained regardless which is a little puzzling.

Conte wants the job but Glazers are far from convinced he’s the man. Whatever the case I’d be more than happy for him to take over until end of season then assess from there.
SAF is thinking to old school about keeping legend base people in the club more than just grab a random outsider like Conte but we need a change.

I reckon we go for Ten Hag, I think he is the most suitable manager long term for United, remarkable what he’s doing at Ajax, he could be our Klopp. Allow him to bring some of his coaches across too, and i’d very much welcome VDS returning.

Only issue is we’d be stuck with Ole until the end of the season, Ten Hag wouldn't leave now.

Last edited:
I reckon we go for Ten Hag, I think he is the most suitable manager long term for United, remarkable what he’s doing at Ajax, he could be our Klopp. Allow him to bring some of his coaches across too, and i’d very much welcome VDS returning.

Only issue is we’d be stuck with Ole until the end of the season, Ten Hag would’ve leave now.
I'd love to get Ten Haag but not realistic atm.

Most likely will be Conte or Zidane, unless they do persist with Ole to the end of the season which i can see happening then maybe Ten Haag comes but still don't think he'd want to leave Ajax and come to this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back