Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

kozi

Varsity athlete
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Been conflicting reports on FDJ's interest levels since the start. World class players aren't exactly jumping at the chance to join United at the moment. You can't really blame them.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
Been conflicting reports on FDJ's interest levels since the start. World class players aren't exactly jumping at the chance to join United at the moment. You can't really blame them.

Sure because it's just repeating the original story, we aren't doing a deal for a player that doesn't want to join.

kozi

Varsity athlete
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Sure because it's just repeating the original story, we aren't doing a deal for a player that doesn't want to join.
Hasn't been any reports suggesting he doesn't want to join. Negotiations started simply with him being open to it, not like he's been screaming "get me to United" from day dot.

If that first part was indeed the original story being repeated it goes back to what I said about the lengthy process driving clicks. If the deal was done and dusted there's no plethora of articles going back and forth about it.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
I’m not even that excited about FDJ, good player, but we have so many holes in the team.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hopefully after FDJ is done, there are a quick 3-4 signings and then go into the season with some confidence. And then when we’ve had a season under ETH, transfer business is conducted quicker in the following years.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I think our next deal will be trying to take Martinez from Ajax before Arsenal can.

If sales and time permits will see about Antony but Ajax have basically priced him out of a move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think our next deal will be trying to take Martinez from Ajax before Arsenal can.

If sales and time permits will see about Antony but Ajax have basically priced him out of a move.

Is Pau Torres not happening at this stage? I haven’t heard about him in weeks it seems.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Is Pau Torres not happening at this stage? I haven’t heard about him in weeks it seems.

Unsure, rumours have died away but he does seem to be one of our CB targets. Think Villareal also need a sale so maybe we're waiting on how low.

Swallow_Wood

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unsure, rumours have died away but he does seem to be one of our CB targets. Think Villareal also need a sale so maybe we're waiting on how low.
I would imagine Torres is back up in case Martinez does not come through, with both being left footed centre backs.

manureid

Laziest Poster on Figbooty
Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
Sounds like Martinez is more suited to the style of play ETH wants (obviously), so would guess he would be 1st option.

If only we could get rid of McGuire and bring in Martinez and Timber I reckon we would be looking a lot more solid at the back. McGuire just cannot play a high line so not sure how he will go not looking like a complete spud again this season.

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
Its just a shame we didn't sell McTonimay to Newcastle and Maguire to Barca not sure how concrete the rumours were but if you got rid of both and say hypothetically turned McTonimay into a Neves that would be sweet

Malacia is set to be done, 15+2mil we went over the top of Lyon/Marseille

Martinez looking good if not Torres

Holy s**t we might actually get some s**t done

manureid

Laziest Poster on Figbooty
Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
Its just a shame we didn't sell McTonimay to Newcastle and Maguire to Barca not sure how concrete the rumours were but if you got rid of both and say hypothetically turned McTonimay into a Neves that would be sweet

Malacia is set to be done, 15+2mil we went over the top of Lyon/Marseille

Martinez looking good if not Torres

Holy s**t we might actually get some s**t done
Would not be shocked if the Maguire to Barca stuff was club generated to make it sound like, wow, if Barca want him he must be good United fans.

weekend at bernies

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, GSW
Still think we needed a RB over a LB, unless we getting a RB also. or does Laird get fast tracked?

Remove this Banner Ad