Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

kozi

Varsity athlete
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Ronnie deserves better. Just let him go.

I want to believe a change in attitude alone will bring better results, but it's wishful thinking. We're about to start the season even weaker than last. Still very much in a downward spiral and it's getting hard to see the light at the end of it.

manureid

Laziest Poster on Figbooty
Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
One back up left back should appease the fans. As long as we made it look like we tried to sign some.big names/ Glazers

BomberManU

Team Captain
May 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Romano confirmed the Ronaldo story, well, as confirmed as it can be. I actually don't think it's a huge loss, though I'd rather he'd stay.
But, FMD, how about him helping out the club that made him a star? He's won everything already, how about giving something back at the end of your career?

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Romano confirmed the Ronaldo story, well, as confirmed as it can be. I actually don't think it's a huge loss, though I'd rather he'd stay.
But, FMD, how about him helping out the club that made him a star? He's won everything already, how about giving something back at the end of your career?

He wants UCL and wants more trophies before he hangs em up. Ronaldo has really always been about Ronaldo, I have no doubt he loves the United fans and SAF, but that’s where it ends. Our facilities are well behind top standard, the stadium needs a full overhaul, the squad needs multiple new players and 2-3 years under ETH before we can even contemplate a PL title charge.

I want him to stay, but don’t blame him for wanting out.

Crimson King

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.

Well not just Romano. You got the Tier 1s(Simon Stone, Whitwell, Ornstein) confirming it as well. Stone especially never puts out anything unless its 100% true.

I don't have a problem with him leaving tbh but jaysus what a nightmare start for ETH.

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
im wondering how earth we think a 175cm centreback is not going to get bullied in the prem

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
Unsure how it's a confirmed Ronaldo story, they have all just still jumped on a Duncan Castles story.

Just as quickly a bunch then said United are adamant they won't sell.

Crimson King

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.
Unsure how it's a confirmed Ronaldo story, they have all just still jumped on a Duncan Castles story.

Just as quickly a bunch then said United are adamant they won't sell.
Isn't Castles close to Mendes though?

Simon Stone putting it out there is big deal imo as the beeb always play it safe. Either way, however it plays out is fine with me tbh.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Isn't Castles close to Mendes though?

Simon Stone putting it out there is big deal imo as the beeb always play it safe. Either way, however it plays out is fine with me tbh.

A week ago the storyline was Ronaldo is unhappy due to no signings, we then get linked to 3 signings and it becomes Ronaldo forces United into signings.

What does it even mean? Ronaldo will leave if the right offer comes in, duh, so would any player. Bayern categorically ruled out again by the Munich mouthpiece and they are the club most closely linked because Lewy is linked with a move away.

Castles in the past has been a Mendes puppet but it does not seem like the club has received anything from the Ronaldo camp at all besides him committing to the upcoming season.

Crimson King

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.
I guess we will just have to wait and see as eventually it will all be leaked (even if he stays put) but that's the part that will be irritating for the club and especially ETH. If he had previously committed and now has had a change of mind (doesn't want to play in EL, etc). That would leave in a very desperate position and more than likely to get rinsed in the transfer market.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
It doesn't make sense for Ronnie to want out now. He would have done in months ago if he wanted out. This is mendes giving us the hurry up to make signings quickly and I'm all for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Screenshot_20220703-163147_Discord.jpg

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Nah Dybala isn't a Pogba.

And is also free and a decent forward.

He’s scored 25 goals in his last 3 league campaigns. I’d hate to think he’s played as a forward in Italy because that is pretty terrible.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
He’s scored 25 goals in his last 3 league campaigns. I’d hate to think he’s played as a forward in Italy because that is pretty terrible.

He played behind Ronaldo.

Scored over 20 goals last campaign.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
It doesn't make sense for Ronnie to want out now. He would have done in months ago if he wanted out. This is mendes giving us the hurry up to make signings quickly and I'm all for it.

Yeah nah, Ronaldo wants out.

Actually can see Chelsea getting him 🤮, they need a striker, new American owner.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Still don't discount that it's camp Ronaldo forcing the Glazers to start signing players.

They won't risk the gravy train leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad