Manchester United Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian fashion label?
Zara is a Spanish clothing retailer based in Galicia, Spain. Founded by Amancio Ortega in 1975, it is the flagship chain store of the Inditex group, the world's largest apparel retailer. The fashion group also owns brands such as Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho, Zara Home and Uterqüe

They could easily afford us. I don’t think we’re far off an apple, Amazon, Spotify, Sony, Microsoft etc owning a sports franchise.
Yeah scary though corporations taking over the world

Apparently, that weasel Woodward will consult on our sale. The weasel just can't stay away..
It's not the worst idea really. He's a savvy financial operator. Just keep him away from buying and selling players.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
He and the glazers get along, so no surprise they want him to help with the process.

I worry the glazers already know the buyer, and I feel it’ll be a US based ownership again.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
He and the glazers get along, so no surprise they want him to help with the process.

I worry the glazers already know the buyer, and I feel it’ll be a US based ownership again.

I don’t care if we are being bought by the Prime Rib of Propecia from the country of Micronesia, as long as they are rich as * and can wipe out the debt and upgrade the decrepit toilet that has become Old Trafford.

Qatar and Saudis want to buy Liverpool

We need Arab Money

money raining GIF by Saudi Energy Efficiency Program

Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.
Well, somebody will have to pay off the debt that was leveraged against the club, and I doubt the Glazers are going to be kind enough to do that as a parting gift. So that being said, with sale expected to be as high as 7/8 billion, the debt and upgrades will probably require another billion on top of that so yeh, we gonna need some oil money. I doubt most US investors are gonna even up the books with their own money, we will likely just be another piggy bank to them.

Apparently one of the reason the clubs selling is because they physically can't get anymore loans

We are leveraged to the hilt

Jim Ratcliffe is still favourite to take over with the Arabs in for Liverpool. But he's only worth 14 billion not enough really

Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.
The Glazer rats have played it to perfection. Milked us for all the profits they could get and now selling for a huge profit, whilst leaving the club in massive debt. Wiping off the debt must be the first thing the new owners must do or it will just continue to be the current state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back