Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Striker will cost around 100m, hopefully Osimhen.
Another CM will cost around the same, hopefully Bellingham.
We'll need another top CB, around 50m.
Another DM wouldn't hurt.
A goalkeeper I expect as well.

I'd expect a spending spree.
I prefer osimhen over Kane as well rather keep the squad young rather than go after big names need to cut it out, Kane might come here and be a flop you just don’t know. Given past players like Sanchez etc I don’t want us to go down that road again.

I prefer osimhen over Kane as well rather keep the squad young rather than go after big names need to cut it out, Kane might come here and be a flop you just don’t know. Given past players like Sanchez etc I don’t want us to go down that road again.

Value for money Osimhen over Kane. I also doubt Kane is going anywhere, just waiting on Levy to pony up the cash.

Again because you seem to have issues with understanding peoples comments, I posted no garbage, you misread the comment or chose to be deliberately ignorant. You chose to leave out the complete sentence to suit your very strange narrative. You compared selling a 6 billion dollar football club with a house or a car.

And yet I’m not the only one who pushed back on your comments.

Go figure.

Perhaps the issue here isn’t with my interpretation after all.

United and Liverpool are not the same, one of those two teams are actually in very active dialogue with buyers, the other is Liverpool. United are at the stage of the sale that offers are being taken, Liverpool are not, Liverpool are also openly exploring investments. United are being completely sold. United has no money to make purchases due to our busy previous market, Liverpool had money in the club (not the owners) to make a single purchase.
You’re flip flopping all over the place.

Of course there are differences between the two clubs. That’s exactly the point.

One of these two clubs bought someone this window. Not a bad strike rate given clubs don’t buy when in the process of being sold.
You included the narrative of all clubs for sale not buying players by not understanding my clear post which was ONLY about the Glazers and United, I invited the discussions about other clubs with only one example provided as a counter.
Yeah, sure. See above.

If it was clear, I wonder why more than one person came back at you.

Maybe it wasn’t so clear after all.

As for only one example, they’re the only other club in the PL currently up for sale, aren’t they?
It's just a very weird stance from you, have I hurt you before? I don't recall every interacting with you previously.

What’s my stance, that you were wrong? Why is that weird?

I vaguely remember Ten Hag saying something about wanting us to scout Germany and Holland more saying there are good players to be found, maybe the Sabitzer signing is a start of this.....

For sure. He’d know both leagues very well.

The only query for mine is whether players can step into English football straight away given the differences.

They might be better markets to target in the summer window.

For sure. He’d know both leagues very well.

The only query for mine is whether players can step into English football straight away given the differences.

They might be better markets to target in the summer window.

Martinez and Malacia going alright so far, I get what you are saying though not every one will work out.

I vaguely remember Ten Hag saying something about wanting us to scout Germany and Holland more saying there are good players to be found, maybe the Sabitzer signing is a start of this.....
Looks like ETH is a fan of the talent in the bundesliga.

Given the fact he was at Bayern for a stint under pep so he knows German football very well.

Apparently was on our list when ETH first took over so I'd say we'd looked at him before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martinez and Malacia going alright so far, I get what you are saying though not every one will work out.

Antony perhaps not so. Though I’m still fine with him.

People adapt at different paces. That’s all.

Dig up, stupid.

That’s all you’ve got? Really?

Let me know when kinder finishes and we can resume the discussion.

On which point?

That clubs up for sale don’t buy players?

He hasn't made that point at any stage though. We've established that you misconstrued his comment to be a generalisation on all clubs who are going through a sale. Pants responded to say that he was specifically talking about Manchester United and didn't feel it necessary to make that distinction when we are in the Manchester United thread.

It isn't even an opinion either. He was merely repeating something which has been widely reported for a while now by numerous reputable sources.

He hasn't made that point at any stage though. We've established that you misconstrued his comment to be a generalisation on all clubs who are going through a sale. Pants responded to say that he was specifically talking about Manchester United and didn't feel it necessary to make that distinction when we are in the Manchester United thread.

It isn't even an opinion either. He was merely repeating something which has been widely reported for a while now by numerous reputable sources.

It’s just a little odd that on every other part of the post I responded to initially, he was very specific.

I reckon he made a mistake and that’s fine. The rubbish after that has been unnecessary. The personal attacks certainly so.

Our lack of spending has zero to do with being up for sale. Other clubs up for sale are spending, and we likely wouldn’t have spent in this window even if we weren’t.

Being up for sale isn’t the issue here. Having no money is.

It's all you deserve, now this thread is actually a rather chill thread for us United supporters, if you want to continue this chat feel free to PM me otherwise I'm just going to put an end to it here :)

It's all you deserve, now this thread is actually a rather chill thread for us United supporters, if you want to continue this chat feel free to PM me otherwise I'm just going to put an end to it here :)

There’s no need to continue the chat.

You post nonsense and get personal when called out for it. Not sure there’s any “chill” in that, but you do you.

Antony reminds me a bit of Ronaldo when we first got him, a lot of tricks not so much substance. But there is definitely a player there his pass for Casemiro's first the other day shows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back