Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Late to the party but here's my 2 cents

I've always known that Ole was out of his depth but when he walked in things were so toxic and the state of the list was terrible so I didn't mind so much. A massive rebuild was clearly needed and he mostly did a good job of improving the culture and overhauling the list, so it was easy to ignore his other short comings. I think after the summer signings we made the squad improved to a point where he had now reached his shelf life and taken the club as far as he could. After Liverpool it was clear that he was undoing his good work and was taking us backwards. It was embarrassing that it took so long for the decision to be made.

I'm just blown away by the incompetence of the board at the end of the day. He should never have been offered the full time gig, certainly not that quickly into his interim role anyway. He was always out of his depth and that was such a needlessly rushed decision. Then to surround an inexperienced manager (at this level) with a coaching team of rookies and an assistant who was semi retired...How did anyone involved think that was going to lead to success?

It will be interesting to see who gets the full time job though. I'm not as crazy about Poch as most are.

Feel

Draftee
Nov 19, 2021
Europa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
New trainer choice Jones and Bailly in pair 1?

11362-1509815696-800.jpg

Or he choice Maguire and Varane in pair 1?

SPORT-PREVIEW-Maguire-Varane.jpg

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
Late to the party but here's my 2 cents

I've always known that Ole was out of his depth but when he walked in things were so toxic and the state of the list was terrible so I didn't mind so much. A massive rebuild was clearly needed and he mostly did a good job of improving the culture and overhauling the list, so it was easy to ignore his other short comings. I think after the summer signings we made the squad improved to a point where he had now reached his shelf life and taken the club as far as he could. After Liverpool it was clear that he was undoing his good work and was taking us backwards. It was embarrassing that it took so long for the decision to be made.

I'm just blown away by the incompetence of the board at the end of the day. He should never have been offered the full time gig, certainly not that quickly into his interim role anyway. He was always out of his depth and that was such a needlessly rushed decision. Then to surround an inexperienced manager (at this level) with a coaching team of rookies and an assistant who was semi retired...How did anyone involved think that was going to lead to success?

It will be interesting to see who gets the full time job though. I'm not as crazy about Poch as most are.

Wasn't Phelan completely retired as a coach? Wasn't he football dept at mariners or something?

I can understand reservations on Poch but it seems like this has been the right move several seasons late. Good manager, good person. Time for him to now be successful.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
It does seem like he isn’t far away from success. United & Poch could be a perfect match, we don’t know, but he is a good manager & bloke.

Need to surround him with quality coaching staff too, can’t keep what we have.

We’ve got to move on from the ‘United way’, give Poch the keys to the place and let him run things how he wants, it’s time we caught back up with City, Liverpool & Chelsea, it’s time!!!!!!!

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
It does seem like he isn’t far away from success. United & Poch could be a perfect match, we don’t know, but he is a good manager & bloke.

Need to surround him with quality coaching staff too, can’t keep what we have.

We’ve got to move on from the ‘United way’, give Poch the keys to the place and let him run things how he wants, it’s time we caught back up with City, Liverpool & Chelsea, it’s time!!!!!!!
Would be surprised if Kieran McKenna was let go. He is very highly rated throughout football. Pretty sure he was Spurs U18s or u23s coach whilst Poch was at Spurs.

The Chelsea set piece coach we brought in over the summer can be fired immediately. We are as bad defending set pieces as we have ever been.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
We’re going out of the CL, if not for a miracle, can’t see Villarreal not winning this.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Wasn't Phelan completely retired as a coach? Wasn't he football dept at mariners or something?

I can understand reservations on Poch but it seems like this has been the right move several seasons late. Good manager, good person. Time for him to now be successful.

At the same time… In 2019.

“My day starts now at 4am. I'm driving into Manchester, getting in for 6am and then starting work on Mariners stuff for an hour or two before I can get wired into United stuff at 8am. It works, but I'm going to bed at about 3pm now."

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Would be surprised if Kieran McKenna was let go. He is very highly rated throughout football. Pretty sure he was Spurs U18s or u23s coach whilst Poch was at Spurs.

The Chelsea set piece coach we brought in over the summer can be fired immediately. We are as bad defending set pieces as we have ever been.

Actually McKenna is seen as a big part of the problem, good school teacher but not very good once it comes to the real game.

Lach72

Bam!
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Have just seen a few highlights but Sancho seemed a bit more lively

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Memphis

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Boston Celtics
fu** that Mcfred partnership I'm so over it.

Maguire again can't defend took 15/16 De gea to bail us out today.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
We can’t sign Rice quick enough, would absolutely transform our midfield which is just trash.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Valverde appears to be an option for interim manager.

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
McTominay really is just a nothing midfielder, plays one very good game from every ten. Being British is the only thing keeping him in the side.

A lot of fans are easily impressed by a player who runs around a lot and shows a bit of passion. Although it seems like people are starting to wake up to him now.

When the team has possession he's one of the most timid players I've ever seen at the club. He actively hides from the ball when the pressure is on and it's infuriating.

dusty1234!

2017 2019 2020
Jan 14, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
what on earth is all this talk about interim managers.
We get one or we dont, do it quickly
few days ago rangnick was a no, now it's back on.
And some of the names being floated around....

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
what on earth is all this talk about interim managers.
We get one or we dont, do it quickly
few days ago rangnick was a no, now it's back on.
And some of the names being floated around....

That's because 99% of what's being reported isn't true and is guesswork for clicks.

United has a few people that you can actually rely on to give accurate info.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Watched the 44min interview from Piers Morgan with Ronaldo on Stan earlier, I enjoyed it, good insight into Ronaldo as a person and what he values, he was quite funny too.

Hope he burnt that Arsenal top Piers gave to him, he looked and sounded so offended that Arsenal never signed him, tough sh*t Piers 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad