Memphis

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Boston Celtics
sh*t again, got the win, but the Rangnick era starts now, I’m sure he was watching on thinking there’s so much wrong with this team.

Huge job for the man, and won’t be easy.

Ronaldo doing goat things, if he wasn’t here our season would be beyond damage control, mid table and out of the CL.
Ronnie probably couldn't believe his luck went from one mess to another.

Lach72

Bam!
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
What do we think of the first Arsenal goal?

That's football...was all in the one play, and Fred took De Gea out, so what can you do?
Don't think Arsenal had an obligation to stop play, and probably didn't even know.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Fred is going to play more than ever under Rangnick but probably in a more advanced role like he does for Brazil.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
Correct call on the first goal, Arsenal played to the whistle and it was self inflicted.

Punchy Bassett

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
That's football...was all in the one play, and Fred took De Gea out, so what can you do?
Don't think Arsenal had an obligation to stop play, and probably didn't even know.
Correct call on the first goal, Arsenal played to the whistle and it was self inflicted.

Yep fair enough, imagine the complaining if it was the other way around though!

Memphis

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Boston Celtics
Don't let fred wear a united shirt again.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
McTominay is likely to be the one who is left out under Rangnick.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Looking at our month ahead, really is a good chance to get some momentum and pick up wins, there’s many winnable games coming up. I’m interested to see the effect of Rangnick, obviously don’t think there’ll be a huge change against Palace, but over the course of December, you’d hope we gradually turn into the beast he wants us.

Tipping it’ll be a tricky game vs Palace, they did knock over City 2-0 at the etihad.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ronnie probably will miss against CP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
West Ham beating Chelsea hurt us last night. Partly because they're 4th, partly because I really don't want to see another Liverpool/Man Shitty league win

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
West Ham beating Chelsea hurt us last night. Partly because they're 4th, partly because I really don't want to see another Liverpool/Man Shitty league win

I don’t have any feelings about City winning the league. I don’t know how to explain it, other than I find their success to be ‘meh’. As for Liverpool, fu** them.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Yeah, city’s success is very meh, but agree that Liverpool can fu** off, hopefully the African cup of nations screws them over.

Grockadoc

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies, Man Utd, Cavaliers
Yes, Fred still has his moments, but he has been solid the last few games pushing up the pitch. Much prefer him turning the ball over in the front half trying to create than lose it with a loose possession in the back half.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
First half an hour we were very good, shame we didn't score one in that period.

Good signs but still not much to take from it with only a single training session. Clean sheet and a win though so no complaints.

Grockadoc

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies, Man Utd, Cavaliers
First half an hour we were very good, shame we didn't score one in that period.

Good signs but still not much to take from it with only a single training session. Clean sheet and a win though so no complaints.

See, I thought there was plenty to take from it, especially after only 1 training session. If our press was that good for 40 minutes off the back of 1 training session, imagine how good it will be in 2 months time? Players had a clear idea of what Ralf wanted. Showed to me that Ole didn't really have much of a plan besides counter attack football. It looked like we had an identity. A brand. An attacking focus. Something we have sorely lacked for years.

Also, he has been much maligned, but Fred has scored more goals than Harry Kane this year. 🤣

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
See, I thought there was plenty to take from it, especially after only 1 training session. If our press was that good for 40 minutes off the back of 1 training session, imagine how good it will be in 2 months time? Players had a clear idea of what Ralf wanted. Showed to me that Ole didn't really have much of a plan besides counter attack football. It looked like we had an identity. A brand. An attacking focus. Something we have sorely lacked for years.

Also, he has been much maligned, but Fred has scored more goals than Harry Kane this year. 🤣

Maybe I am just being cautious.

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Going to be interesting how we handle the cellar dwellers next week. Feels like it would be a good opportunity to give guys like Donny, Elanga, Mata and Cavani some good minutes, possibly Martial too.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I don’t mind Telles & Dalot, they go alright, makes it even more bizzare why Ole kept going with Shaw & AWB time and time again.

Fred has a future under Ralf, still not convinced with McTominay though.

pantskyle

I'm nice now
Oct 1, 2007
Coney Island
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I don’t mind Telles & Dalot, they go alright, makes it even more bizzare why Ole kept going with Shaw & AWB time and time again.

Fred has a future under Ralf, still not convinced with McTominay though.

Because they are English.

Shaw was fantastic last season so had every right to get the time to find form, best thing about Ralf is the fact he won't give a sh*t if you're English or not, he'll pick who he thinks is the better option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad