Manchester United Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole had absolutely nothing to do with selling players lol. We've been terrible at moving players on for the entirety of Woodward's reign really.

He blocked the sale of Lingard with the promise of more game time. I don't think he was the only one either.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots

I am sure if we had a different manager in the summer rather than in December, Lingard (and Martial) would have already been sold. Incredibly poor business by the club not to sell.

Same goes for Paul Pogba. We aren’t PSG who would rather spend the last season of Mbappe’s contract convincing him to stay and risk losing a €200M+ fee. Not selling Pogba for potentially £50M+ will hurt us in the transfer window.

Not selling Pogba was down to Ole, he wanted him at the club to try and convince him to stay on.

from Mupdates
Itk 2/3/other combo pre Jan summary:

Mukiele - Scouting only. Very expensive and not for sale. No real link right now.

Nathan Patterson - an option as cover for RB.

Adams - United asking about his availability. Red Bull don’t want to sell as of now.

Rice - United and City still have him as first choice. He will need to ask to move to get a transfer this summer. His price is way too high.

Kamara - as discussed prior + Marseille want to get money for him in January. Newcastle making an offer but he should reject. Milan want him. He’s in talks with Barcelona. United have spoken with his agent and could make a move but don’t want to get dragged into a bidding war either. Ideally get cheap as possible. A January possibility.

Phillips - A more affordable alternate to Rice but Leeds would still ask a lot, don’t want to sell. United interested.

Neves - Still an option but well down the list. It’s not an impossibility but United don’t value him at what wolves do.

Haidara - interest is there, player would take the move, price is feasible. A realistic deal that could happen.

Haaland - unrealistic due to relationship with mino but if United is the best choice for the player he would bring him. Fee plus fees would be close to 125m and wages would end up around 30m euros. Madrid likely unless they cannot afford him after Mbappe and others. But they want both. Barcelona, Juve and psg are also possible. Juve would likely be the next best for him to Madrid.

DCL - United could look to him as a striker if other choices aren’t plausible.

Ricardo Pepi - United made an offer. But not the most attractive for him. Going to Wolfsburg likely.

Outs -

Henderson - Newcastle, spurs and Dortmund could get him.

Axel - Will be sold to villa most likely.

Matic - could go to Roma or elsewhere in summer.

Pogba - to Madrid most likely. It’s what he wants.

Martial - being offered all over. No agreement yet.

Amad - almost off to feyenord for 18 months. United don’t want an option. Feyenord do.

Pellistri - may go to Brugge

Jones - Burnley may get him if Tarkovsky goes to Newcastle.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Only team in the PL this season not to score in the first 15 minutes.

Also haven’t scored from a set piece apart from penalties. There’s so, so much wrong at the club.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Gary Neville on Monday Night Football:

"You don't want to go overboard, they've been off for 16 days, new manager, trying to get used to a new system. The balance in the side isn't right. But I was worried after Norwich, there was no urgency, the basics of the game, every single battle they've lost.

"That's a really poor performance there. They've not done one single thing right as a team, and not one single player can go in and say they've done their jobs, or even done themselves justice. No positives. Nothing.

"They're whinging at each other! They're a bunch of whingebags! A bunch of whingebags! Watch them on that pitch, honestly, arms in the air, complaining about everything! Honestly, they're absolutely shocking out there in that first half. They got the last manager the sack! Ralf Rangnick is not going to get the sack, he's only had a few weeks with them, but honestly, they'll get a lot of managers the sack, that lot, if they carry on like that.

"They've played the two teams at the bottom of the league, and they've shown us nothing! Nothing to do with the managet, by the way. It's to do with the players out on the pitch. Not good enough."

Gary Neville sums us up very well here, couldn’t agree more.

Not a fan of the formation. It feels like Bruno and Rashford need to play a little too narrow which I don't love, when Sancho came on and Bruno dropped back I liked it because Jadon played wider and as a result so did Rashford. I think Donny needs to start next game and play creatively through the middle. I also feel like we play better football where either Ronaldo or Cavani are one out rather than as a pair.

Maguire has fallen off a cliff this season and Varane was poor today on the ball. Dalot was exposed quite a few times on the right, but Telles was pretty much the only one I don't remember making any egregious mistakes. The only way we make top 4 is by beating Spurs and Arsenal and winning the catch up games against Brentford and Brighton.

Burnley Friday morning needs to be a 5 or 6 goal rout.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Not a fan of the formation. It feels like Bruno and Rashford need to play a little too narrow which I don't love, when Sancho came on and Bruno dropped back I liked it because Jadon played wider and as a result so did Rashford. I think Donny needs to start next game and play creatively through the middle. I also feel like we play better football where either Ronaldo or Cavani are one out rather than as a pair.

Maguire has fallen off a cliff this season and Varane was poor today on the ball. Dalot was exposed quite a few times on the right, but Telles was pretty much the only one I don't remember making any egregious mistakes. The only way we make top 4 is by beating Spurs and Arsenal and winning the catch up games against Brentford and Brighton.

Burnley Friday morning needs to be a 5 or 6 goal rout.

Don’t make me laugh 😂, these blokes couldn’t find the back of the net even if there was no keeper, terrible at creating chances and even worse at taking them when they come.

Don’t make me laugh 😂, these blokes couldn’t find the back of the net even if there was no keeper, terrible at creating chances and even worse at taking them when they come.
I'm not saying it will happen. But it's what should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back