Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
First half an hour we were very good, shame we didn't score one in that period.

Good signs but still not much to take from it with only a single training session. Clean sheet and a win though so no complaints.
Played our best football all season long in that first half.

Both Telles and Dalot have been a breath of fresh air, tbh. Can't wait to have Varane back too.

Also, gotta love how Ralf hates square passes and mentioned how he wants Fred and McTominay to cut them out.

Probably needs to cut McTominay out as well. Imagine we'll have a midfielder on the menu in January.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Because he is poor defensively. He is better as a wing back than a full back. He was very very poor against Villarreal.
Tough one isn't it?

AWB great defensively but not good going forward, while Dalot is the opposite.

Tough one isn't it?

Always made me question why Dalot was tried as an out and out winger especially when we were trying flops like James, Lukaku and others on the wing

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
I prefer Dalot as it stands, adds a lot more in an attacking sense, AWB is just useless going forward, he can defend but even that has been poor this season by his standards.

McTominay is a good squad player, needs to be replaced.

Young boys at home tomorrow would like to see us smash them just to get the confidence higher.

I know we've qualified so unwritten rule is to play the kids but for where we are at think we need this win and a big one.
Elanga will be debuting that is good

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
We played the kids, Rangnick obviously wanted to have a look at some players. Topped the group, real stuff starts now.
Still think the main playing group could've done with some confidence by smashing these clowns but eh was expected to play the kids.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still think the main playing group could've done with some confidence by smashing these clowns but eh was expected to play the kids.
Meanwhile the first 11 get an extra 2 training sessions on to work on understanding and implimenting Rangnik's tactics.

Win/win.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tough one isn't it?

See I really strongly disagree with that idea. He's an elite tackler but he wouldn't need to show off that tackling ability so often if his positional sense was better. He's a better defender than Dalot for sure, but he still has plenty he needs to work on there and has cost us a lot of times with his brain fades and awful positioning.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's a place for him in the team, as he's capable of doing a good lock down role on a dangerous opponent. I just think at this level we need a starting player who is more productive though.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
See I really strongly disagree with that idea. He's an elite tackler but he wouldn't need to show off that tackling ability so often if his positional sense was better. He's a better defender than Dalot for sure, but he still has plenty he needs to work on there and has cost us a lot of times with his brain fades and awful positioning.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's a place for him in the team, as he's capable of doing a good lock down role on a dangerous opponent. I just think at this level we need a starting player who is more productive though.
He does his moments of lapses when defending but I agree with the lockdown part there has been times where he's done it to Mane, Sterling etc.

But he does need to work on his game though.

It's unfortunate that he only got injuried right as Dalot was starting to threaten his spot usual when that happens a player decides to step up there game but with these circumstances wishing him a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back