Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the scores to see 2-2, thought well not a bad result, but then realised we were leading 2-0 after 70+ mins or whatever.

Mentally fragile and never ceases to amaze me this team.

We're kinda ****ed in midfield as well. Club doesn't want to spend big to fix the issues for an interim and Matic is no good after 45 mins.

Zakaria left out of the match day squad. Slight improvement.

Not fussed by those that want out. If you're not committed please go. Issue is some are players we gave stupid deals to so we need to take a bath with the losses and club doesn't seem to want to.

This squad is s**t and that is plainly obvious now. Ole needed to be replaced as he isn’t a good manager and now someone with a plan comes in and the squad has been shown up as s**t. The squad has been exposed for what it is.

It all starts with some really s**t transfers. I loved bringing Paul Pogba back to the club in 2016 but maybe we should have stood back and wondered why someone wanted to leave a CL Finalist to come to a club on the downward spiral from the time Ferguson retired? Paul’s number 1 motivation was money, it still is. Kante cost Chelsea £32M in the same summer. KDB £54M the previous summer. Fred cost £47M out of Ukraine. Maguire £80M. More than VVD and Diaz. Van de Beek hasn’t played much but after his performance this morning, he doesn’t even look like he’s good enough for this league. Matic should have been ****ed off years ago.

McTominay and Rashford are two of our academy players in the first team. City have Foden. Chelsea have Mount. It’s night and day.

Ed Woodward has left a massive mess behind. Sell off the deadwood and the club can start with the players I mentioned. This summer needs to be a massive transfer window, otherwise we are ****ed again next season. Lucky there aren’t other feel good signings the club will make after Ronaldo.

Need to do a full reset now. Fixing the bloated salary structure is a top priority. We can't have players wanting to use us for big money only for them to check out for most of their time with us.

Getting rid of anyone who doesn't want to buy into the football philosophy we want to try and implement is another priority. Player power has ****ed us over since SAF left so now is the time to right the many wrongs and to start again.

Van de Beek hasn’t played much but after his performance this morning, he doesn’t even look like he’s good enough for this league.
On this, in the 1 minute he played tis morning he was poor enough to tell you he isnt good enough for this league? Now, he may not be, but he has been given absolutely zero chance to prove it. Imagine getting the chances McFred have been given.

On this, in the 1 minute he played tis morning he was poor enough to tell you he isnt good enough for this league? Now, he may not be, but he has been given absolutely zero chance to prove it. Imagine getting the chances McFred have been given.

As poor as McFred have been, VDB is still not given opportunities. I don’t know the reason for that but maybe we can read something into it if he isn’t performing in training. I hope he starts matches to prove himself but the clock is ticking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This squad is sh*t and that is plainly obvious now. Ole needed to be replaced as he isn’t a good manager and now someone with a plan comes in and the squad has been shown up as sh*t. The squad has been exposed for what it is.

It all starts with some really sh*t transfers. I loved bringing Paul Pogba back to the club in 2016 but maybe we should have stood back and wondered why someone wanted to leave a CL Finalist to come to a club on the downward spiral from the time Ferguson retired? Paul’s number 1 motivation was money, it still is. Kante cost Chelsea £32M in the same summer. KDB £54M the previous summer. Fred cost £47M out of Ukraine. Maguire £80M. More than VVD and Diaz. Van de Beek hasn’t played much but after his performance this morning, he doesn’t even look like he’s good enough for this league. Matic should have been f’ed off years ago.

McTominay and Rashford are two of our academy players in the first team. City have Foden. Chelsea have Mount. It’s night and day.

Ed Woodward has left a massive mess behind. Sell off the deadwood and the club can start with the players I mentioned. This summer needs to be a massive transfer window, otherwise we are f’ed again next season. Lucky there aren’t other feel good signings the club will make after Ronaldo.
We need a restart.

Yeah a good solid restart is needed, big mess to fix for Rangnick. Come next year it’ll be 10 years since our last PL title, hasn’t that flown? And we are still a fair way off competing for another one let alone winning one.

Be cool if we could do a Chelsea 2012 or Liverpool 2005 and nab a CL despite not being great in the PL, but there’s literally no chance we even go close to the CL this season, predicting Atletico to embarrass us.

The club is rotten from top to bottom, I don't think now that even after this season either Poch or Ten Haag could turn this shitshow around.

Look at yesterday Rangnick comes out and says Martial did not want to play which is why he was not on the teamsheet later on instagram Martial comes out and says that wasn't the case so someone is lying here. Yes Martial wants to leave but he did not say he wants to stop playing.

I would literally start off next season getting VDS in as a sporting director, look at the job he's done at Ajax, then get a manager with balls who would tell this lot to their face they're no good and not be afraid to cut players if need be.

Rashfords form has just disappeared into thin air, he needs to start focusing on the football side of things yes what he's done outside of football is amazing but he's not a politician.

I'm happy Ronnie has called out for the squad to lift their game because the performances are beyond a joke at this point.

Maguire needs to either * off or be stripped of the captaincy.

I think Martial is trying to save face in that situation, doesn't benefit United at all to come out and say it if it wasn't true as it devalues the player.

Martial has history with going awol, has been fined in the past for it, his agent used the media to say he wants to leave, Ralph said he doesn't listen to agents in the media, Martial than informs him in person.

I think Martial is trying to save face in that situation, doesn't benefit United at all to come out and say it if it wasn't true as it devalues the player.

Martial has history with going awol, has been fined in the past for it, his agent used the media to say he wants to leave, Ralph said he doesn't listen to agents in the media, Martial than informs him in person.
It's not like he's a huge loss for us, hasn't played well for since the 19/20 season.

Will be another one off the books for us.

This squad is sh*t and that is plainly obvious now. Ole needed to be replaced as he isn’t a good manager and now someone with a plan comes in and the squad has been shown up as sh*t. The squad has been exposed for what it is.

It all starts with some really sh*t transfers. I loved bringing Paul Pogba back to the club in 2016 but maybe we should have stood back and wondered why someone wanted to leave a CL Finalist to come to a club on the downward spiral from the time Ferguson retired? Paul’s number 1 motivation was money, it still is. Kante cost Chelsea £32M in the same summer. KDB £54M the previous summer. Fred cost £47M out of Ukraine. Maguire £80M. More than VVD and Diaz. Van de Beek hasn’t played much but after his performance this morning, he doesn’t even look like he’s good enough for this league. Matic should have been f’ed off years ago.

Ed Woodward has left a massive mess behind. Sell off the deadwood and the club can start with the players I mentioned. This summer needs to be a massive transfer window, otherwise we are f’ed again next season. Lucky there aren’t other feel good signings the club will make after Ronaldo.
Spot on.

The fault for this s**t show falls firmly at the feet of the board and Woodward.

Recruitment has been more for name and not for function, hence we have a gaping hole in the middle of the park and a bevy of attacking talent. When Ole played a fundamentally counter attacking style the midfield weakness could be glossed over because we sat deep as * and hit opposition with pace, utilising our attackers and giving them space in which to operate. As soon as we moved to trying to control games we have been exposed as seriously deficient in the middle, which then exposed even more the weaknesses at the back.

Despite these obvious weaknesses we have a wage structure in which we pay a bunch of guys who warm the bench or fail to make the squad the same or more than 70% of the teams in the league. It's a ******* disgrace and a shocking reflection on the utter inadequacy of Woodward's running of the football side of things. If he was at a club that took its football side of the business seriously he would have been sacked years ago, however the Glazers are happy as long as the value of the club remains high, the stock price remains good, their returns are good and they are able to use the clubs profits to pay the interest on the debt they have loaded onto the club.

Until there is a fundamental shift in Glazer thinking on what the importance of winning actually is, until they understand that a club needs to employ people who know what it means to win, what needs to be done to set a club up to win post 2010 then United will never be successful. Ragnick is such a man so I hope that his move to the backroom at seasons end signals a real intent to not just set up and run a commercial behemoth, but also a footballing behemoth capable of long terms competitiveness and success.

Last edited:
The club is rotten from top to bottom, I don't think now that even after this season either Poch or Ten Haag could turn this shitshow around.

Look at yesterday Rangnick comes out and says Martial did not want to play which is why he was not on the teamsheet later on instagram Martial comes out and says that wasn't the case so someone is lying here. Yes Martial wants to leave but he did not say he wants to stop playing.

I would literally start off next season getting VDS in as a sporting director, look at the job he's done at Ajax, then get a manager with balls who would tell this lot to their face they're no good and not be afraid to cut players if need be.

Rashfords form has just disappeared into thin air, he needs to start focusing on the football side of things yes what he's done outside of football is amazing but he's not a politician.

I'm happy Ronnie has called out for the squad to lift their game because the performances are beyond a joke at this point.

Maguire needs to either fu** off or be stripped of the captaincy.
Maguire has not been the same since the issue in Greece. He has lost all confidence in his ability and is a shadow of himself. That said he isn't a captains a-hole. Bruno has been the real leader since the day he arrived and should be given the arm band. He ain't a perfect captain but he is the best option we have.

Maguire has not been the same since the issue in Greece. He has lost all confidence in his ability and is a shadow of himself. That said he isn't a captains a-hole. Bruno has been the real leader since the day he arrived and should be given the arm band. He ain't a perfect captain but he is the best option we have.
I feel Bruno cares more about a loss than Maguire as well.

you're right he wouldn't be the best but he is the best we have. Maybe other than Ronaldo.

Go back to Nike, been disastrous ever since we signed with Adidas.

I would like to think that our players are like Samson, who went to the barber and after that he was weak as piss. Unfortunately, it’s not our shirt sponsor who are making our players s**t. Most of them are just s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back