Manchester United Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ornstein said he was signed to us, now a French Journo is saying Nunez isn't

Let's hope we can convince him if not Scamacca come on down

Ornstein said we were interested and that he was expected to leave Benfica.

Ornstein said we were interested and that he was expected to leave Benfica.

Leading contender guess he decided he wants that Arab Blood Money and things obviously changed with news just out Mbappe to announce he is off to RM by Sunday

Leading contender guess he decided he wants that Arab Blood Money and things obviously changed with news just out Mbappe to announce he is off to RM by Sunday

Leading with Chelsea and PSG, that is also an older tweet. Most recent one suggested he could be gotten for cheaper than thought.

Leading with Chelsea and PSG, that is also an older tweet. Most recent one suggested he could be gotten for cheaper than thought.
I think we might have to pass on a striker this year something like

Sancho/Elanga Ronaldo/Rashford Antony/Rashford

Not ideal at all but with money tight

Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.
TBH, I think we may be lowballing to the media about our transfer budget to avoid getting rinsed (which obviously is the right thing to do). IIRC, in general we have always seemed to back a new manager with their wishes in their initial season.

weekend at bernies

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, GSW
My only concern with Timber is his size unless he doesn't play CB he will be targeted a lot of the time, and is very undersized for that position, unless we have him in as a fullback or deep 6 role then I'm fine with that.
his height is not an issue against most teams.

I think we might have to pass on a striker this year something like

Sancho/Elanga Ronaldo/Rashford Antony/Rashford

Not ideal at all but with money tight

I don't agree that money is tight, United will spread payments out over several years, I really don't believe much when it's spoken about. I'd happily say 150m could be spent without sales and another 50-100m with sales, no reason the club cant bring in 4-5 players.

I don't think we can afford to go into a season without another striker.

I don't agree that money is tight, United will spread payments out over several years, I really don't believe much when it's spoken about. I'd happily say 150m could be spent without sales and another 50-100m with sales, no reason the club cant bring in 4-5 players.

I don't think we can afford to go into a season without another striker.
I thought it was 100 plus what we make in sales but if it is more then let's go boys

Timber 30mil
Torres 40mil
FDJ 60mil
Antony 30mil

That's 160 gone there

Timber 30mil
Torres 40mil
Laimer 30mil
Antony 30mil
Scamacca 30mil

Or 160 gone this way

I thought it was 100 plus what we make in sales but if it is more then let's go boys

Timber 30mil
Torres 40mil
FDJ 60mil
Antony 30mil

That's 160 gone there

Timber 30mil
Torres 40mil
Laimer 30mil
Antony 30mil
Scamacca 30mil

Or 160 gone this way

I'd say it will be Timber or Torres.
Club will try and get FDJ for as little as possible, how desperate will Barca be, need to convince the player first and then Barca. I think they will try for 45-50m.

Henderson to Newcastle is a no-go apparently.

Can't help but feel United are ******* this up. Probably asking far too much because Newcastle are cashed up. Same reason Lingard never went to them.

Like the sauce. Nunez back on.
Mbappe mum coming out and saying he has two contracts and both are identical

So maybe just maybe he stays at PSG especially if the rumours that it's down to Zidane and Conte

Might want to play under Zidane

Also they have apparently pulled out Pogba

Freeing up wages for him not like they need more money

Mbappe mum coming out and saying he has two contracts and both are identical

So maybe just maybe he stays at PSG especially if the rumours that it's down to Zidane and Conte

Might want to play under Zidane

Also they have apparently pulled out Pogba

Freeing up wages for him not like they need more money

Poch is staying at PSG but it does look like Mbappe has chosen to stay. Should remove PSG from the Nunez game.

Poch is staying at PSG but it does look like Mbappe has chosen to stay. Should remove PSG from the Nunez game.
Wonder when that happened they were talking the other day he was going to be sacked

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Really good format. I like the work Ajax do with their social media engagement.

ETH clearly a big culture and high standards guy. Loves Timber for his leadership and sees him as a potential future captain.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Really good format. I like the work Ajax do with their social media engagement.

ETH clearly a big culture and high standards guy. Loves Timber for his leadership and sees him as a potential future captain.

I remember back in high school (25 years ago), I used to have Optus Vision and they had an Ajax program weekly (or maybe even daily) where they would show the clubs training sessions, including the academy. It was bloody brilliant stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back