Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game deserved to be 0-0, was a shocking pen and amazed it wasn’t overturned by VAR.

But the game just highlighted how much improvement is still needed with this team.

Best chance at CL next season so he should.

Didn't deserve to win, didn't deserve to lose, terrible pen decision.
Wtf kind of VAR is that? We may not have deserved a point or whatever but jesus, that cannot be a penalty.
Funny to think that some pool fans still believe we get var calls go our way…. Useless

Link or can we find this on YouTube?

Mou I can understand but ole played him and trusted him a fair bit.

On mourinho

The Sweden superstar requested the No 9 shirt, which belonged to Martial, and he got it. Martial was then shifted to No 11 which he wasn't too happy with.
"It started with the story of the shirt number," Martial told France Football per Metro. "During the holidays, he [Mourinho] sent me a message to ask if I want to change to the No 11, explaining to me that it is great because it was worn by Ryan Giggs, a club legend.

"I tell him that I have the greatest respect for Giggs but I prefer to keep the No 9. When I returned to the club, I see my name with the No 11, the story did not end well. He [Mourinho] lacked direct respect for me."

He continued: "He [Mourinho] talked about me in the press, little phrases, a bit like he had done with Karim Benzema at Real Madrid. He likes these little games, but he also knows who he is doing it with.
"He knows that I am then 20 years old, that if I say something, it is I who will pass for the young person who lacks respect.
"So I said nothing, it was useless. The following season, I was the best in the team in the first part of the season, he brought in Alexis Sanchez and there I hardly played anymore.
"It’s the season of the World Cup and it cost me dearly, especially since the France team won. I should have been there.

On Ole
"I regularly played injured," Martial admitted. "People don’t know it, I couldn’t accelerate during the four months following the Covid season. The coach tells me he needs me, so I play. But, given my game, if I can’t accelerate, it becomes very complicated all the same. The coach never bothered to tell the media.
"Obviously, I ended up getting injured for good and when I came back, finished, I didn’t play anymore.
"I took it very badly, I had a feeling of injustice, you are asked to sacrifice yourself for the team and behind the scenes you are dismissed. For me, it’s almost treachery. That’s all I hate. I can be blamed, but not for being fake."

Martial wasn't the only player ran into the ground by Ole. Rashford was clearly playing hurt and it's a surprise Bruno didn't break down.

Terrible manager.

Ole was a one trick pony, counter-attack and had his first XI he picked pretty much every game with little to no rotation.

ETH is finding it very hard to get the group away from counter attack only football, we’ve got a very long way to go before we become a team that has 70% possession and plenty of shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phil Jones doesn’t actually want to play football, otherwise he would have left years ago.

I just hope our coaches don’t actually focus on him in training and he’s off training with the reserves. I don’t even know why he turns up to training to begin with.

Phil Jones doesn’t actually want to play football, otherwise he would have left years ago.

I just hope our coaches don’t actually focus on him in training and he’s off training with the reserves. I don’t even know why he turns up to training to begin with.
Turns up just to get paid if the club is stupid enough to keep him on the wage bill then if I’m him I’m milking it hard.

Won't get paid if he doesn't. Winston Bogarde at Chelsea lived in Holland and commuted a couple of days a week to train to keep getting paid.

Some of the contracts at United in the last few years have been horrendous, people surely lost their jobs over Martial, De Gea, Sanchez's contracts.

Didn’t realise we played lol.

From the sounds of it, another solid defensive display but poor in attack again. Interesting that McTominay continues to start ahead of Casemiro.
Rashforf Martial both injured sadly

Didn’t realise we played lol.

From the sounds of it, another solid defensive display but poor in attack again. Interesting that McTominay continues to start ahead of Casemiro.
I’m with you, couldn’t care less about Europa means jackshit imo. Think all the eggs are in the PL basket to get us back to UCL. Good to see Ronnie on the scoresheet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back