Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
he's been playing poorly for a year let's hope he can get us Kouilbally money around that we can run to the bank

Imagine if we could get Rice for 80 plus Maguire

Let’s say that WHU value Rice at £110M and clubs value Maguire at £30M, I still can’t see WHU accepting £80M + Maguire for Rice. They would want whatever they value Rice at in the full amount in cash.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Jones isn't allowed in the dressing room anymore so I wouldn't include him. I guess Mengi and Tuanzebe are still around at a pinch. I'd imagine that any transfer funds received for Maguire will be spent on a new CB. If we got £30m for him then we aren't far short of Pau Torres release clause. Ten Hag might have a young player in mind who would be a bit cheaper. A CB version of Malacia if you like.
I think that’s right the way ten hag has gone about things he wants to restart the squad with young players.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
he's been playing poorly for a year let's hope he can get us Kouilbally money around that we can run to the bank

Imagine if we could get Rice for 80 plus Maguire
Talk about dreams coming true if that happens.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Harry Maguire starting for England today lol. There aren’t many England squads still to be selected before the World Cup and Gareth Southgate still continues to select a player who has been the worst defender in the PL over the last 12 months and has played only 10 minutes over the last 4 league games.

Imagine missing out on an every four years tournament after you’ve played every game for your club and you have performed well because the manager isn't picking his squad on merit. How infuriating.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone with half a brain doesn’t believe his bs.

Really?

I hate the leaking and despise when people air their dirty laundry in public but how is that BS? It is painfully obvious to anyone with a half a clue about football that DDG's lack of communication and refusal to come off his line have become a huge problem and a key reason why we need to move him on.

Still doesn't excuse Harry's performances, and we absolutely need to get rid of him, but he's somewhat right here. DDG does not make life easy for defenders.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Really?

I hate the leaking and despise when people air their dirty laundry in public but how is that BS? It is painfully obvious to anyone with a half a clue about football that DDG's lack of communication and refusal to come off his line have become a huge problem and a key reason why we need to move him on.

Still doesn't excuse Harry's performances, and we absolutely need to get rid of him, but he's somewhat right here. DDG does not make life easy for defenders.
DDG's contract is up at the end of this season, hopefully he leaves and gets replaced by a better keeper.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Really?

I almost fell off my chair. I actually thought I came onto the Carlton board and I misread DDG as JDG. So when you said we need to get rid of Harry, I was wondering why a Carlton supporter wants to get rid of Harry McKay and replace him with Jordan De Goey. 😂

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Really?

Come on man, surely you don't believe that crap right?

He has been in england well over 10 years knows the language fully. Only ever played with a decent defense in front of him for 2-3 years of ferdinand and vidic. This is just excuses from Maguires PR team or whoever leaked this crap out.

DDG gets a pass from me because of all the times he has bailed us out in the past.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
DDG seems to be doing alright with an actual CB leader in front of him so will reserve full judgement for a few games yet.
Someone with a lot more passion and heart than Maguire, to the point where they celebrate blocking shots. That for me says it all.

Maguires camp can say whatever they want, doesn’t change the fact that he is absolutely useless. Best thing for both United and Maguire is let the contract run out and he be a free agent and move on from this.

weekend at bernies

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, GSW
Harry Maguire starting for England today lol. There aren’t many England squads still to be selected before the World Cup and Gareth Southgate still continues to select a player who has been the worst defender in the PL over the last 12 months and has played only 10 minutes over the last 4 league games.

Imagine missing out on an every four years tournament after you’ve played every game for your club and you have performed well because the manager isn't picking his squad on merit. How infuriating.
Southgate plays a back 5 and sit back. Maguire will thrive in that formation.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Come on man, surely you don't believe that crap right?

What's to believe? I don't need Maguire to tell me that DDG's communication is poor and that his refusal to come off his line is a massive liability. That's been the case from the day he arrived at the club and it hasn't really improved much over the years. I can see that for myself, hence why I've previously commented on it in this thread, and why plenty of pundits have publicly criticised DDG for this in recent times as well.

I think you've maybe misunderstood my post and think that I'm saying this excuses Maguire's performances? That's not what I'm suggesting at all, I'm just saying that Maguire is hardly the first person to point out these very real flaws in DDG's game, and he won't be the last.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
What's to believe? I don't need Maguire to tell me that DDG's communication is poor and that his refusal to come off his line is a massive liability. That's been the case from the day he arrived at the club and it hasn't really improved much over the years. I can see that for myself, hence why I've previously commented on it in this thread, and why plenty of pundits have publicly criticised DDG for this in recent times as well.

I think you've maybe misunderstood my post and think that I'm saying this excuses Maguire's performances? That's not what I'm suggesting at all, I'm just saying that Maguire is hardly the first person to point out these very real flaws in DDG's game, and he won't be the last.
DDG for me gets a pass for how good he has been in previous years, because of the shocking ray of defenders he has had in front of him over the years.

He might not be the best communication wise or coming off the line but made up for it with his reflex’s and positioning.

Meanwhile Henderson hasn’t been over great for Forrest like he was at Sheffield United, I reckon ETH will look for a new keeper next summer.

I know what you mean and that’s how I’m looking at it how in the hell is Maguire blaming ddg partly for his performances. Like why bring him into it, instead of taking on the chin and just looking to improve. Or get a move away somewhere else.

Harry gave the ball straight to a German player for England last night, but then redeemed himself by immediately taking him out and giving away a penalty.
I am sure we can find a championship club to take the slab head

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Harry gave the ball straight to a German player for England last night, but then redeemed himself by immediately taking him out and giving away a penalty.
Lmao Southgate surely will drop him after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back