Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Cult of Ronaldo like the Cult of Messi

Deranged outcasts

The battle for supremacy won’t even end when they retire. First we have the inevitable Ronaldo move to America and Messi fans rubbishing him for playing in a farmers competition. And then we have the retirement speeches and who did it better. Ronaldo fans will say Ronaldo as he will do his speech in the 3 or 4 languages that he can speak. Messi fans will say he gave his speech better as he spoke from the heart. Then we have “retirement watch” and who is ageing better.

It will never end.

If we're talking strikers, we probably already know a few of them because we've already been linked to them.

Nkunku, Osimhen, Vlahovic, Sesko
Nkunku isn't he off to Chelsea?
Sesko to the other Red Bull
Vlahovic at Juventus

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Seems to be rumours Sesko might still be gettable. Hard to see Leipzig selling if they have sold Nkunku though. Money talks though.
Hope gakpo is still in the mix.

Sesko is very gettable.

So Jim Ratcliffe, rich, but not Saudi rich, would have his heart i the right place I assume, but funds wise can he compete once debt cleared, stadium sorted out, training ground etc with the Oil clubs?

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
So Jim Ratcliffe, rich, but not Saudi rich, would have his heart i the right place I assume, but funds wise can he compete once debt cleared, stadium sorted out, training ground etc with the Oil clubs?
Hasn't chucked the cash around at Nice. TBH United have enough income to do fine as long as there is no debt and no bloodsucking owners taking cash out.

I think the striker now will be Gakpo come January.

Sesko is available for the right price.
Nkunku all but done to Chelsea but not confirmed.
Vlahovic was seen as gettable as Juventus was s**t for a bit.

Wouldn't discount a six month stop gap though.

As mentioned we'll be fine with any owners who don't use the club as a piggy bank.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Is there really such a thing as a billionaire with clean money, tho?

We have the same issues with a potential new Liverpool owner we have discussed in our thread (apologies for the intrustion) All billionaires to a certain degree are dodgy. Thats how they become billionaires. We get that.

The difference is drawn at owners from literal feudal states or members of royal families from oil money funded states buying the club.

Most Liverpool fans are happy to accept new ownerships that are not a sportswashing exercise for a state. ie a private investor from Dubai who isn't from the royal family would be fine.

But the president of UAE buying Liverpool would most likely not be accepted by Liverpool fans and from what I have read online not by United fans by in large either. States should have no business in being involved with ownership of a football club IMO. Not sure how you guys all feel about it.

Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.
We have the same issues with a potential new Liverpool owner we have discussed in our thread (apologies for the intrustion) All billionaires to a certain degree are dodgy. Thats how they become billionaires. We get that.

The difference is drawn at owners from literal feudal states or members of royal families from oil money funded states buying the club.

Most Liverpool fans are happy to accept new ownerships that are not a sportswashing exercise for a state. ie a private investor from Dubai who isn't from the royal family would be fine.

But the president of UAE buying Liverpool would most likely not be accepted by Liverpool fans and from what I have read online not by United fans by in large either. States should have no business in being involved with ownership of a football club IMO. Not sure how you guys all feel about it.
In our case, with our value/debt/investment needed into the infrastructure, we would probably need the sheik money. As long as the club is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd priority for the new owners, that should be fine, barring any future incidents that is.

Nkunku isn't he off to Chelsea?
Sesko to the other Red Bull
Vlahovic at Juventus

I was just naming players we've been linked to who will likely be on our list again.

There's a good chance our main targets haven't (or have barely) been mentioned yet.

Hope gakpo is still in the mix.

Sesko is very gettable.

Yeah, I just didn't include Gakpo in my list because he's not a true striker, though I guess neither is Nkunku.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't well and truly in the mix, but a good WC in particular (he's off to a great start) will no doubt have others interested as well.

I wonder if we'll go back for Timber now that the threat of not being included in the Dutch WC squad has passed.

I was just naming players we've been linked to who will likely be on our list again.

There's a good chance our main targets haven't (or have barely) been mentioned yet.

Yeah, I just didn't include Gakpo in my list because he's not a true striker, though I guess neither is Nkunku.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't well and truly in the mix, but a good WC in particular (he's off to a great start) will no doubt have others interested as well.

I wonder if we'll go back for Timber now that the threat of not being included in the Dutch WC squad has passed.
It's hard to find a good out and out striker

Toney was an option but he has off field issues

If we don't have enough money I would say someone who can hold up the ball like a Giroud Dzeko type might have to do

It's hard to find a good out and out striker

Toney was an option but he has off field issues

If we don't have enough money I would say someone who can hold up the ball like a Giroud Dzeko type might have to do

Toney would have definitely been an option. Tammy Abraham is another who has been linked.

Oh and there's Kane too which could be possible at the end of the season if we make the Champions League and Spurs miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back