Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ten Hag ball summed up. You concede 15+ shots each game and eventually, your luck will run out. No control, no structure, just pure chaos.

Hopefully, INEOS don't tolerate this rubbish and prolong this chapter more than it needs to a la the Glazers.

I was hoping I'd wake up to see he was sacked.

Garnacho, Mainoo & Hojlund is who we built the future around.
Of all the others the only one I want to see stick around for the next 5-6 years is Martinez. He's been super unlucky with injury but he's really important culturewise. Like Vida, players walk taller with him around. He's so ****ing solid and a brilliant ball playing CB.

The rest, well, take the best value we can get for them over the next few years. Even Rashford, who can give us heaps of space in FFP as a home grown talent.

Of all the others the only one I want to see stick around for the next 5-6 years is Martinez. He's been super unlucky with injury but he's really important culturewise. Like Vida, players walk taller with him around. He's so ******* solid and a brilliant ball playing CB.

The rest, well, take the best value we can get for them over the next few years. Even Rashford, who can give us heaps of space in FFP as a home grown talent.

Atleast there’s change coming, INEOS are in, SJR wants to get United back to the top, we have some quality people coming into the football club that know what they’re doing.

The onfield stuff is a shambles, there’s a heap of players who need to go, it’s going to take about 2-3 years before we see any actual SJR/INEOS effect.

We’ll have to put up with being shit for a little while longer, and try to enjoy any wins we get.

Of all the others the only one I want to see stick around for the next 5-6 years is Martinez. He's been super unlucky with injury but he's really important culturewise. Like Vida, players walk taller with him around. He's so ******* solid and a brilliant ball playing CB.

He is one you can tell we miss dearly.

Might be an unpopular opinion but for me Rashy has got to go.

He doesn't care anymore you can tell through his body language the way he plays just wants to collect a paycheck.

8-0 incoming, we’re gonna get absolutely demolished, city will have 90% possession.
I'm hoping for a reasonable scoreline that is it.

I don't want to watch this game but i love the club to much and I know it is going to be a shit monday to work.

I reckon City will go for maximum damage in first 60 minutes and then ease off as they still got alot to play for.

ETH is one issue that needs addressing (hopefully soon) but the squad itself is another massive issue. We simply don't have the quality in our first choice or back up players after years of spending big. Now ETH will leave his deadwood behind too.

Unless INEOS splash the cash, Ashworth and the new head of recruitment are going to have to unearth some underpriced gems for us to get out of this hole. Short term the best we can hope for is top 4 and league cup/FA Cup success because we are miles off the big boy trophies atm.

Might be an unpopular opinion but for me Rashy has got to go.

He doesn't care anymore you can tell through his body language the way he plays just wants to collect a paycheck.

Don't think that's unpopular at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruno's form has gone under the radar too. Don't know if he is totally burnt out or captain's curse, he looks like he doesn't have much left in him anymore (for us atleast).

Definitely burning out. He's played more football than any other outfield player in Europe over the past couple of years and that was always going to catch up with him eventually.

When was the last time we had any sort of update on Mount? If it weren't for the massive fee I'd have completely forgotten that we even signed him.

Definitely burning out. He's played more football than any other outfield player in Europe over the past couple of years and that was always going to catch up with him eventually.

When was the last time we had any sort of update on Mount? If it weren't for the massive fee I'd have completely forgotten that we even signed him.

Back in training apparently after numerous back to back injury setbacks.

A good start

It has taken proper football people to do this. About time, can’t wait.

Big transfer loss expected for Antony considering what was spent but oh wow, not Ineos’ problem. Sell for £25-30M and call it a day.

Lucky to get £20m for him.

These days even a shit player could go for £30M. I wonder if Ajax might be interested at that price. Sometimes a player could find himself at the same club that sold him, a bit like Sancho has. That’s a loan deal to Dortmund but it might end up being a permanent transfer.

These days even a s**t player could go for £30M. I wonder if Ajax might be interested at that price. Sometimes a player could find himself at the same club that sold him, a bit like Sancho has. That’s a loan deal to Dortmund but it might end up being a permanent transfer.

I wish I shared your optimism.

You have to factor in the problem of his wages. Any club who would be interested in giving him a chance isn't going to be able to offer anywhere near his current wages (I believe around £200k pw), so I can't imagine there being many suitors willing to cough up 30m for a transfer fee and then still having enough left over to satisfy his wage demands. This has been a huge problem at the club for way too long. We pay superstar wages to mediocre players and we end up stuck with them long term because no one else is stupid enough to pay anywhere near what we do.

I reckon we'll have to loan him out and hope a fresh start in a new environment can raise his value a little. Otherwise we're going to struggle to get rid of him.

We either have to loan and supplement wages, or sell cheap and supplement wages. Hard to believe just had badly run this club has been for so long.

I wish I shared your optimism.

You have to factor in the problem of his wages. Any club who would be interested in giving him a chance isn't going to be able to offer anywhere near his current wages (I believe around £200k pw), so I can't imagine there being many suitors willing to cough up 30m for a transfer fee and then still having enough left over to satisfy his wage demands. This has been a huge problem at the club for way too long. We pay superstar wages to mediocre players and we end up stuck with them long term because no one else is stupid enough to pay anywhere near what we do.

I reckon we'll have to loan him out and hope a fresh start in a new environment can raise his value a little. Otherwise we're going to struggle to get rid of him.

You’re certainly right. This club has handed out some ridiculous wages for not much output. It looks like it’s something that the new people in charge will be putting right but it will take some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back