Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A core of these players will be responsible for multiple manager sackings if ETH goes. It really would not matter who was managing them. You could bring Pep in, but unless you gutted the majority of the playing list things would not change and they would get him fired. The whole club stinks.

That's just the start. Without a proper football operations structure to support a manager we're just going to keep repeating the same cycle.

Pep is incredible but he's not doing this on his own. City spent years building the support structure for him and even went and got Pep's old Barca DoF on board before they signed him. That's what a proper ambitious and modern club does. Instead we've had Glazer money men and Darren Fletcher (who has no experience) appointed to these roles.

City also have 5 million charges against them so I'm prepared to wait and see to decide how successful the City structure has actually been.

The fear from the players is not the same anymore.

The issue is that now, as soon as a few players dont like a hardline manager they kick up a stink, get a pout on and get the manager sacked.

Have not heard rumblings about ETH's managerial style at AJAX. So either it was glossed over due to his success, or it is a problem that has only arisen at ManU. I always think truth lies somewhere between the two points. I suspect he is a hard manager who is perhaps a little old school in his style. And I suspect we have a reasonable number of players who are shy of hard work. One of the reports I read was that some players think they are doing too much running at training and they don't know why. My answer to that would be to look at the performances of Rashford and Martial against Newcastle compared with the performances of Hojlund and Antony. If Rashford and Martial did as much running as Hojlund and Antony, in pressing the defenders holding the ball, chasing opponents and creating space in attack it wouldn't have been such a painful experience watching the game.

Have not heard rumblings about ETH's managerial style at AJAX. So either it was glossed over due to his success, or it is a problem that has only arisen at ManU. I always think truth lies somewhere between the two points.

His Ajax side was brilliant to watch but Ajax generally do play a certain way and they always have a core group of academy players who have grown up playing that way. He said himself that it isn't possible to play that way with the players that he has here.

I think he wanted to set this United team up similarly but he realised very quickly it wasn't going to be possible when we lost to Brighton & Brentford at the start of his tenure. The other thing to consider is that our attack is built around Bruno & Rashford, two players who have qualities which are elite in transition, but both are wasteful and nowhere near as effective in an Ajax like possession based system. This is a big problem for whoever leads the club moving forward.

A post from Redcafe, “On the Muppetiers podcast, Phil said there is 1.7 billion in funds set aside for investment and also full pathway to ownership will be announced at the time of the deal.”.

I reckon if this is true and if we are getting in some big names for DOF/CEO that we can achieve success with INEOS as a minority owner.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha so after that disgusting effort vs Newcastle where the players got hammered in the media, less than 24hrs later it’s leaked they have turned on the manager and want him gone.

I’m fed up of the toxic culture that’s been allowed to flow through that club since SAF left, it’s not run like a football club, it’s a commercial club and the players are weak minded babies who can’t be arsed putting in hard work to be successful they just want to earn their ridiculous wage week to week, that’s all.

What's more concerning is that there was an article that came out couple of months back that there are some players at the club whose families have a strong relationship with some of the higher ups at the club.

That sort of shit is bound to result in players getting managers sacked.

The place needs a total makeover.

Martial
Rashford
McTominay
Lindelof
Dalot
AWB
Maguire
Varane
Casemiro
Sancho
Antony
Evans
VDB
Eriksen

All these players need to be gone in the next 12-24 months, complete and utter overhaul.

Hopefully a lot sooner than that. When our former captain, who got to keep the captaincy even after he was dropped to the bench, will tell everyone that will listen that he’s always played well, you know there is a massive culture issue with absolutely no awareness to their own performances.

You named 14 players who you would like to see gone and I can’t see one name that I would remove. This squad is in such a sad and sorry state.

Would love it if the club sold Rashford and Sancho asap. * these two cancers out of the club along with anybody else who thinks they are bigger than the club.

You know what sums up this club that it can’t get out from SAF shadow? Steve McLaren was SAF assistant coach 25 years ago.

The biggest problem we have is the players run the club, Rashford just signed a mega deal earning a ridiculous £350k a-week or whatever and the club wants him to be the star, it’s an absolute joke. Ronaldo said it in his tell all interview, he couldn’t believe what United had become and that the players just didn’t want to better themselves, lazy twats.

It’s incredible that ETH wanted to sell McTominay & Maguire in the summer, both refused to go (player power), and now both are basically cemented in the first XI 😂 make it make sense, a part of me if thinking ETH is playing them and showing us “This is why we’re shit”, but I know we have injuries and there isn’t many options.

Loved what Scholes said, that he can’t believe our midfield and the way it operates, players just running around everywhere, PLAY YOUR ****ING POSITION!!!

Be great if we could get 100 mill + for Rashford. Surely we could con PSG in to paying that?

PSG have had a longstanding interest in him and may make a move if Mbappe does leave.
But with his wages it would be nowhere near 100m.

PSG have had a longstanding interest in him and may make a move if Mbappe does leave.
But with his wages it would be nowhere near 100m.
Would take 70.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back