Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good start to the season 3 points is 3 points. highlights eric bailly as said is composed and gifted a great passer looks like he has been with us for years. and zlatan getting off the mark. need to tighten up our defense but that will come. confidence players in rooney and ibra both scored so can't complain

Bailly is our most important player this season. If he can stabilise and give confidence to the defence, we'll go a long way. Happy with Luke Shaw's game. Zlatan did Zlatan things. His through ball flick for Rooney to * up was exquisite. He'll score goals in the prem. Blind did well, Martial a bit subdued/tired, but I was very impressed with Fellaini and Ander, both pressing and tackling very quickly and not doing anything well. It even looks like Mou has taught Fellaini how to control and pass the ball which is quite remarkable.

Would have liked to see Rashford come on after the 3rd goal. I reckon his pace would have been very damaging on the counter. Feels good to be able to bag all 3 points on matchday 1 and know that we still have Mkhi and Poggles to come back into the side.

I hate to say it but Fellaini was good.
Ander was very good as well but he should be playing CAM and Schneidelin/Fellaini-Pogba in the middle.

According to Jose, Bailly only trained once this week because he was injured prior to that. Yet he was still MOTM. What a beast!!

Always good to start a new season with a win, regardless of the opposition.

Bailly was superb on debut and to put in that sort of performance despite hardly training in the lead-up is a great effort. Long way to go but he could develop into a brilliant signing. He's a beast.

Was it ever in doubt that Ibra would score on debut? :D :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Love the look of Bailly, also thought Shaw had a really solid game too, makes our left side so much stronger. Fellaini, dare I say it was quite good, Herrera solid as well, Mata did his part, definitely has a place with us.

Rooney has his moments, does some good things but breaks down our attacks with slow movement to often. Martial was doing his thing, will only improve and Zlatan was just being Zlatan, that goal was fantastic and it's great to have a big striker who can do that. Think Pogba and him can create a very strong understanding together.

Miki didn't get enough time, want to see him start next game please mou.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

----------------De Gea--------------
--Valencia-Smalling-Bailly-Shaw--
----------Pogba----Herrera---------
-------Mkhi----Mata----Martial-----
---------------- Ibra ----------------

Mou, please make this happen asap.

Yep, look I love what Rooney has done for this club but he can't start anymore and Mata should be given every chance to prove himself, has started very well. Rooney should be the one to go not Mata.

He also lost me after 2010(?) after his episode then all smiles after signing a new mega deal.

Only problem with that line-up Kozi is midfield, there's no steel in there, Pogba can't partner Herrera IMO, has to be either Carrick or Schneiderlin.

Juan's first blog of the season :)

MATA FEELING FULL OF ENERGY
Every Monday, Manchester United forward Juan Mata reflects on his experiences on and off the pitch in his personally-written blog. His opener for the 2016/17 campaign looks back at winning at Wembley and his first league goal of the season in the win at Bournemouth...

Hi everyone!

Here I am again! A new season has kicked off in the Premier League and so has this blog that keeps all of us in touch, of course. Many of you have been asking me about the start of this new series of weekly posts and I want to thank you for that and, in general, for all your messages throughout the summer. My holidays have been long and productive; I have had time to make a few trips and to relax mind and body so as to be back full of energy.

I’m retaking this blog tradition with joy because the season has started in a really good way. Eight days ago, we won the Community Shield against Leicester at Wembley and this title makes us feel optimistic. From a personal point of view, I keep believing that Wembley is a special place. I had never won this trophy before, so now I can check it off my list.

Beyond this first trophy, it was important to have a positive start in the Premier League against Bournemouth, a team that had a good last season. We did it and, overall, I think the whole team played a very complete game. I believe our victory was well deserved and, on top of that, I was lucky to score the first goal of the game, which is always an extra reason to be happy. It was my friend Ander Herrera’s birthday, and a victory was the best way to celebrate it.

Hugs,

Juan

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...nemouth-and-scoring-against-the-cherries.aspx

----------------De Gea--------------
--Valencia-Smalling-Bailly-Shaw--
----------Pogba----Herrera---------
-------Mkhi----Mata----Martial-----
---------------- Ibra ----------------

Mou, please make this happen asap.
I'd make one small change, Schneiderlin for Mkhi and into a 4-3-3

Morgan for Mata instead of Myki and you've nailed it IMO. I love Mata but if we want to actually challenge this year we can't go through another season where Martial is the only attacker who offers any pace.
Rashford will play plenty of games IMO. Plus we have great offensive and midfield depth this year too, which helps.

Defensive CM's: Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Blind (if necessary)
Offensive CM's: Pogba, Rooney, Herrera, Fellaini, Pereira
Wingers: Memphis, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Myki
Centre Forwards: Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Rooney

Our depth is fantastic. Lots of game time for everyone but it's just whether or not any of them crack the shits if they don't start regularly.

Mata seems fine with how things currently sit.

Rashford will play plenty of games IMO. Plus we have great offensive and midfield depth this year too, which helps.

Defensive CM's: Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Blind (if necessary)
Offensive CM's: Pogba, Rooney, Herrera, Fellaini, Pereira
Wingers: Memphis, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Myki
Centre Forwards: Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Rooney
Schweiny is gawn and Pereira will be loaned. Aside from that :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back