Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Liverpool are minnows globally compared to United. They will be lucky to get Chelsea money.

Chelsea went for 2.5 billion under a forced sale scenario.

Most of the talk around FSG selling has been for 4 billion plus. They are in no hurry to sell either.

United are worth more but only fractionally. Huge liabilities, new training ground plus stadium needed. Those investments are complete for us. Our transfer debt is much lower.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CH£L$£A
We went for 2.5b which is frozen and to be used on charitable causes plus 1.75b which is to be used in further investment to better the club eg. transfers, stadium projects etc.

So we went for 4.25 billion in reality.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
We went for 2.5b which is frozen and to be used on charitable causes plus 1.75b which is to be used in further investment to better the club eg. transfers, stadium projects etc.

Nah. If United's next owners spend a billion on a new stadium do we add that to the sale price? You have scouse transfer logic with this lmao

Bojan KantKick

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea went for 2.5 billion under a forced sale scenario.

Most of the talk around FSG selling has been for 4 billion plus. They are in no hurry to sell either.

United are worth more but only fractionally. Huge liabilities, new training ground plus stadium needed. Those investments are complete for us. Our transfer debt is much lower.
I'm sure FSG will be happy to pick up United's slops. £4B would be a huge number for Liverpool. They need to wait until United are sold really. Imo Liverpool will go for around £3.5B and United will go for £5B

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg

That just sounds like stuff new owners would have to spend anyway. It also doesnt go to the previous owner so cant be included in the sale price.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CH£L$£A
Well that was just how it was set up by Roman and the Raine group did the sale process. He was giving the club away anyway. £2.5B is still frozen and the remaining £1.75B to be put back into the club. They arent allowed to sell the club or take dividends out for 10 years either.

Plenty of articles about it to google.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok, the trust holding the proceeds of the sale to be technical.

Either way they look ok on field going forward.

Varane. Casemiro .eriksen. Looking old but should get the job done.

In regards to the take over who knows how it'll pan out.

If the idea is not de jong - you'd assume eth. Has some sort of plan? Apparently be didn't Garner.

Bojan KantKick

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We've done well recently and have won the games we should be winning. Couple of tough ones coming up though. Hopefully we can hold our own and keep the momentum up.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
As ridiculous as this is, even taking into account a £150k reduction for DDG, he would still be above £200k. Sancho on £350k, Martial on £250k, Maguire on £190k. Varane and Casemiro on over £300k. Our wage structure is completely ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Going to make it hard to sign to level footballers isn't it?

Perhaps but I've felt for a while that these outrageous contracts were creating a culture of complacency at the club and it has also made it very hard to shift on a lot of the dead wood so I think the benefits will outweigh any negatives.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CH£L$£A
Perhaps but I've felt for a while that these outrageous contracts were creating a culture of complacency at the club and it has also made it very hard to shift on a lot of the dead wood so I think the benefits will outweigh any negatives.
Where do you draw the line though?

Do all senior players get that 200k ceiling or is there still a select few who get paid more than others

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where do you draw the line though?

Do all senior players get that 200k ceiling or is there still a select few who get paid more than others

Tough one and I'm glad I'm not the one making those calls!

We've had a big problem with new signings immediately starting on obscene wages and also of rewarding purple patches of form with undeserved contracts, so an immediate end to that will be nice. So many players who signed under Fergie have spoken about thinking they'd "made it" when they joined the club but after that first training session and seeing how the likes of Keane, Beckham, Ronaldo etc. trained they'd realise that they had so much more work to do to to make it at the club. Now when new signings come in on superstar wages it feels like that reality check doesn't happen anymore and many just don't have the intensity needed for the level. This is why I think a cap can be a good thing.

However if there's someone performing at a level that warrants having a conversation about exceeding the cap then I think that should be assessed on a case by case basis.

Remove this Banner Ad