Prediction Mandatory Blair Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley commented pre-game that he likes Greenwood and De Goey as those forward pressure players. Therefore, not sure exactly what Blair is offering.

Perhaps when Reid or Jessie White are available they will take his place as a 2nd tall forward. Otherwise, I'd like to see a more attacking player like Crocker, Kirby or even Daicos given their chance. Blair is ultimately playing as a pure defensive forward, and I just think we have enough of those already. We could probably even afford one less small forward and play another back flanker...perhaps Aish when available.

I just wish the Greenwood forward pressure was reflected in goals ( currently 2.8 ) and tackles currently 29 as compared to Adams 69. Maybe the pressure is an illusion.

I'm not a Greenwood fan by any stretch but the bloke has been reasonable this year.

Not a fan.. sorry. Yes he's been ok.. but c'mon.. if we're gonna play him forward at the expense of others.. ridiculous decision. I really don't see him as a mid either. Depth.. yes of course.

I was watching from the Jim Stynes room on Sunday (give it a go if you're MCC) and took my family along. They know nothing about footy and they thought I was a bit harsh in my pre match description of Blair. 10 minutes in everyone agreed that Blair runs to the dangerous spots but it stops our taller players from leading there. No doubt the guy tries his guts out each week but... Premiership player and great servant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was legitimately crap on Sunday. He had his time in the Sun and should certainly get his 150th, but he's a player we need to make obsolete if we're to improve.

I think it is 150th game this week if selected. That is a fair achievement. Pity it will not be celebrated by many on here. Despite his weaknesses you have to admire his grit and determination. If only a few other of our more talented players attacked the game like Blair does.
Hard to celebrate when the simple fact that selection puts us as 21 v 22 on match day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was legitimately crap on Sunday. He had his time in the Sun and should certainly get his 150th, but he's a player we need to make obsolete if we're to improve.
Let him play his 150th once finals are mathematically impossible. then he needs to be delisted or demoted to the rookie list at years end depending on contract.

Then again I don't really care, I was cheering for the Lions yesterday, I just want this nightmare to end.

I'm not a Greenwood fan by any stretch but the bloke has been reasonable this year.
Not Greenwoods fault that he is played out of position.
The man is a tagger, it's his best role, it's his only role.
But AFL 2017 says taggers are non existent and not required.
If Bux wants to be "innovative", then he needs to buck (hehe) the trend and assign Greenwood a task every week.
We know it's his strength, yet our coaching panel can't see it.

Hard to celebrate when the simple fact that selection puts us as 21 v 22 on match day.

It is actually very easy. Acknowledge and celebrate that he has given his all in every game he has played. That is what you want from any player who pulls on the magic black and white stripes.

While like most of us I have wanted him bypassed by Karnezis, Broomhead, Kennedy and others long ago. I can still appreciate and admire what he has achieved. As a little rookie penguin, who would have thought he would be a Premiership player and play 150 games. Those achievements probably place him in the top 20% of players to every play the game at the elite level. Celebrate that.

As a little rookie penguin, who would have thought he would be a Premiership player and play 150 games. Those achievements probably place him in the top 20% of players to every play the game at the elite level.
More like top 5-10% I'd reckon. Only 22 out of ? 700 players win a flag each year, and teams like Hawthorn win multiple flags meaning fewer to go around. Winning one AND getting to 150 games is one helluva achievement at AFL level.

Let him play his 150th once finals are mathematically impossible. then he needs to be delisted or demoted to the rookie list at years end depending on contract.

Then again I don't really care, I was cheering for the Lions yesterday, I just want this nightmare to end.

This is the way it needs to be done. I would be filthy with the club if they don't at least get him to 150, but not when the season is still somewhat alive. He goes out this week it's really simple!

I think it is 150th game this week if selected. That is a fair achievement. Pity it will not be celebrated by many on here. Despite his weaknesses you have to admire his grit and determination. If only a few other of our more talented players attacked the game like Blair does.

I've never blamed Blair for his inadequacies, he doesn't pick himself. Just another reason Buckley isn't the right coach.

Oh the humanity.

Blair can go and get ****** !!!!!!!!!!
He probably does, quite often as he is cute.

Think that too many go overboard with criticism re Blair, the past two years when he was selected, there wasn't much choice due to injuries, plus, on more than one occasion, he deserved to be selected.

This year, it is obvious the team is playing differently and I haven't had a problem with his selections early on however based on his last two games, seems he doesn't fit in. Choices are limited with a couple of current injuries, might be time to blood either Brown, Daicos or bring in Crocker but no way would I bring in Mayne has done less than Blair and does not deserve to be selected.

However given the puzzling selections with the selection committee, Mayne may get a home game - who knows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back