Mandatory detention of refugees (Stop the boats. 5k a head. Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

The customers of people smugglers disagree

It's still happening, just not being reported on. 90% of the refugees that land are found to be genuine refugees.

Don't play the crocodile tears "Won't somebody think of the refugees", it's insincere.

It's still happening, just not being reported on. 90% of the refugees that land are found to be genuine refugees.

Don't play the crocodile tears "Won't somebody think of the refugees", it's insincere.
Only because of outdated and abused UN guidelines combines with well rehearsed lies and the destruction of docs so their fake stories cant be easily checked.

How did you get that from my post?

Regardless of bona fides or otherwise, I’m pro immigration. If someone has the get up and go to want to come here and start a new life, I’m all for it even if they aren’t bona fide refugees.

My caveat is we have limitations on the health system, education, social security, employment and housing. So I believe our immigration policy should be controlled by the government rather than people smugglers.

How did you get that from my post?

Regardless of bona fides or otherwise, I’m pro immigration. If someone has the get up and go to want to come here and start a new life, I’m all for it even if they aren’t bona fide refugees.

My caveat is we have limitations on the health system, education, social security, employment and housing. So I believe our immigration policy should be controlled by the government rather than people smugglers.

Sounds like a category of second-class citizen. How long would these restrictions apply before they could apply for first class upgrade?

Sounds like a category of second-class citizen. How long would these restrictions apply before they could apply for first class upgrade?
Another question would be how much would this limited access to social programs prevent/delay them from getting on their feet. Seems likely to me that piling up extra hardship is likely to just ensure they remain in poverty and reliant on the government. Also likely to breed resentment and prevent cultural assimilation which already seems an arduous process.

a second class citizen? what makes you think that?

Can you imagine if a refugee goes onto represent New Zealand in cricket or rugger or netball but can't come to play in Australia because of petty mindedness of our politicians. It is creating a second class citizen, noted leftist Winston Peters said as much.

Another question would be how much would this limited access to social programs prevent/delay them from getting on their feet. Seems likely to me that piling up extra hardship is likely to just ensure they remain in poverty and reliant on the government. Also likely to breed resentment and prevent cultural assimilation which already seems an arduous process.

you're exactly right in your assessment on what happens if we stretch our social services programs and don't provide the necessary support to new Australians and existing Australians. Immigrants will need help to ensure a successful transition.

So the concept isn't about letting people come here and crossing ones fingers that they can provide for themselves from day one, as supported by the "supporters of people smugglers" camp. Rather it is the common sense approach of having controls on the number of people into Australia, to ensure our social services and employment opportunities aren't stretched or fail.

We should continue having one of the largest and successful permanent resettlement programs in the world. Well done Australia for having successful, sustainable process, driven immigration rather than a reckless short term people smuggling immigration policy!

a second class citizen? what makes you think that?

The words you wrote made me think that: "limitations on the health system, education, social security, employment and housing". So they would presumably have the ability to work (even though that is limited in your own words) and pay taxes, but not get any of the associated benefits that go along with it. If that is not a second class status I don't know what is.

Anyway, forget the word citizenship, and let me ask the gist of the question again - for how long would these "limitations on the health system, education, social security, employment and housing" (your own words) last for any immigrant that falls into this category?

Do they ever get to apply for full benefits like everyone else? Would they just be foreign guest workers like in the middle east - sucked in, churned about and exploited and then spat out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The words you wrote made me think that: "limitations on the health system, education, social security, employment and housing". So they would presumably have the ability to work (even though that is limited in your own words) and pay taxes, but not get any of the associated benefits that go along with it. If that is not a second class status I don't know what is.

Anyway, forget the word citizenship, and let me ask the gist of the question again - for how long would these "limitations on the health system, education, social security, employment and housing" (your own words) last for any immigrant that falls into this category?

Do they ever get to apply for full benefits like everyone else? Would they just be foreign guest workers like in the middle east - sucked in, churned about and exploited and then spat out?

ah no

I meant to imply that due to resource limitations on important social security and social frameworks, that there needs to be limits on immigration numbers per period. I would never want to see any individual without the support needed in Australia.

That's why I think people calling for open immigration or immigration controlled by people smugglers as lunacy. They know there are limitations on what our social support system can deliver and despite knowing the system will fail, still support policies that will let down immigrants, Australians and Australia alike.

IlzDJfl.jpg

So they go there and be homeless when they can't get jobs and starve, then start committing crimes because they're desperate. That's what no welfare means if you don't have a job.

Man some RWNJs are thick...
Wish he had put Daily Telegraph as the source at the beginning of that tweet, as I would have stopped reading.
Click bait for the fan base.

So they go there and be homeless when they can't get jobs and starve, then start committing crimes because they're desperate. That's what no welfare means if you don't have a job.

Man some RWNJs are thick...
ROFL we have heard all along from left leaning loonies how they wouldn't be a strain on the country's finances. Man some lefties are thick.

ROFL we have heard all along from left leaning loonies how they wouldn't be a strain on the country's finances. Man some lefties are thick.
Oh boy

Your tax munny is more important than the lives/wellbeing of others

Munny munny munny munny munny munny, precious munny.

If these refugees aren't guaranteed work and other assurances when resettled, then what's the point of them going to America? At least being able to access welfare, they can pay for some costs of living until they do find work. Many including the children will have to go to school, learn new languages, reskill even maybe so they can contribute to their communities.

They're fleeing poverty, oppression, crime etc, why go somewhere where they're stuck again in the poverty and oppression cycle, then potentially forced to be criminals and steal just to get by and when they do commit crimes out of desperation, the right start shouting for their anti-immigration bullshit.

But lefties are thick :rolleyes: oh yeah it's all about munny

How many NGO's in Australia are also doing the same thing? Very concerning.

The low level self harming would be a telltale sign.

Oh...

Lauren Cherie Southern (born 16 June[3] 1995) is a Canadian far-right political activist,[a] internet personality, writer and documentary film director. She has been described as alt-right,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Southern#cite_note-alt-right_bundle-5 though she has denied this. In 2015, Southern ran as a Libertarian Party candidate in the Canadian federal election. She worked for The Rebel Media until March 2017. In addition, she has written for Spiked,[4] the International Business Times, and The Libertarian Republic.[5] Southern continues to work independently and uploads videos on YouTube.

In 2017, Southern supported the white identitarian group Defend Europe opposing the action of non-governmental organizations involved in search-and-rescue operations in the Mediterranean Sea. She was detained by the Italian Coast Guard for blocking a ship embarking on a search-and-rescue mission.[6] In March 2018, she was questioned under the UK Terrorism Act[7] and denied entry to Britain, because of her intentions during her March visit.[8] She said she was "permanently banned" from the UK,[9] though it was later confirmed she was refused entry for specific purposes only, not banned.[10]

In July 2018, she went on a speaking tour of Australia and jokingly called for the country to be bombed, quoting the Bible.[11] In August 2018, her attempted speaking tour of New Zealand was unsuccessful. Auckland Councilcancelled Southern's booking and blocked her from using its venues to "stir up ethnic or religious tensions".[12]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back