Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a look into Bill Gates purchasing farming land, major growth in billionaire market caps, Nancy Pelosi's wealth fund performing 10x greater than Berkshire Hathaway, distressed property sales in the US and Europe. There's been a huge shift in economic power. It's just hidden behind daily case numbers.

And the telletubbies ... what of the teletubbies?

Take a look into Bill Gates purchasing farming land, major growth in billionaire market caps, Nancy Pelosi's wealth fund performing 10x greater than Berkshire Hathaway, distressed property sales in the US and Europe. There's been a huge shift in economic power. It's just hidden behind daily case numbers.

Yes there has been. The printing of money particularly in the US has caused a huge increase in asset values as they try to keep their economy running. As it did post the GFC. In the same way that Australian wealth is now locked to property value, the US is locked to the share market.

I don't follow that lockdowns are related though - in that it is a grand plan - the US had minimal lockdown compared to other countries and what you are talking about is the US. Did some people see which way the wind was blowing? Absolutely. Did some people probably get a wink and nod from important connections? I would be confident in that.

crank

They're already a financial burden- refusing to get a safe, effective, free and accessible vaccine will have ongoing implications as they'll need to be hospitalised, quarantined, educated etc for god knows how long.

For all, it's simply a numbers game.
At 80% vaccination, the deaths and infections aren't going to bring the economy down.
The hospital system however wont be able to cope - people will simply die.
You don't hear of any government planning to spend more money on hospitals,
hospitals that are already at breaking point, so how can they cope with more problems.

I don't watch free to air tv at all. I don't watch news broadcasts except for some snippets on YouTube when a topic interests me. I read a lot and I work out for myself what is logical to me, and I seek out information that might alter my view. What does that do to this stereotyping narrative you are painfully trying to build? Don't play games with me. I've seen it all on here.
So where do you get your information and opinions?

Do you trust the pharma execs and the products their companies release?
Do you always avoid answering a question with a question?

I trust that they are making products that do what they are intended to do. That's how they make money.

Do you think otherwise? I'd be curious to actually hear your thoughts this time.

Where do they publish this statement of intent?
I'm sorry... A discussion requires input from both sides. At least respond to my question before asking your next. This is not an interview.

I would say the results of the clinical trials are their published outcomes of intent. What do you think their intent was with the vaccine?

Do you trust the pharma execs and the products their companies release?
I don't trust company executives, but that's why there is a process for the certification and release of medicines and that's what I do trust. In fact, that's why I trust the COVID-19 vaccines and do not trust homeopathic treatments.

From comparisons to rape last week, to just full blown QAnon stuff this week. You're really running the gambit of insanity.

So what you're saying is, those with the means to do so, are opportunistically taking advantage of a major global event to increase their personal wealth?

What a novel concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if this has been previously addressed, but should a (non essential) workplace have 100 staff, 99 are vaccinated and 1 isnt.

Does that 1 staff member by virtue of being unvaccinated put at risk the health of the 99 vaccinated?
By this government's logic, yes. Also according to the government, the vaccine protects you.

Apparently Dan the Dictator is attempting to rush emergency legislation through the parliament this week on a super-fast tracked mode without the ordinary up to four weeks minimum public consultation. These are the actions of a dictator. These powers will undoubtedly give the government power to impose lockdowns, limit movement and require conduct at the absolute discretion of some minister without:
- medical basis;
- without an economic basis; and
- without an ethical basis.

The Labor politicians in this country have sunk to the absolute nadir of politics throughout this pandemic. This will be the end of life as we knew it. There is no returning to the way things were. We are, and will continue to live, under an authoritarian regime.

Apparently Dan the Dictator is attempting to rush emergency legislation through the parliament this week on a super-fast tracked mode without the ordinary up to four weeks minimum public consultation. These are the actions of a dictator. These powers will undoubtedly give the government power to impose lockdowns, limit movement and require conduct at the absolute discretion of some minister without:
- medical basis;

The Labor politicians in this country have sunk to the absolute nadir of politics throughout this pandemic. This will be the end of life as we knew it. There is no returning to the way things were. We are, and will continue to live, under an authoritarian regime.

In the meantime, in Scandinavia they've practically declared the pandemic over and are living as though it doesn't exist.

- medical basis;

And you found this all out, where?

- medical basis;

Having had a little look into this I couldn't find anything about stuff being rushed through this week but rather a proposal with a first draft likely due in 2 months. Seems a little slower than what you've suggested and, without being privy to specifics, it does sound like some of the purpose behind it is to actually take some power away from the Premier in a pandemic and make any decisions more transparent to the public. All of which can only occur during a pandemic. Maybe I'm misinterpreting things?

Also... Just a reminder that he can be voted out next election... Pretty unusual option for a dictator.

- medical basis;

I just read something about this on the ABC website. I think it's time my family and I have a discussion about living in this state, it's absolute madness what's happening and what will happen. As a state we just keep taking hit after hit, how much is too much?

I just read something about this on the ABC website. I think it's time my family and I have a discussion about living in this state, it's absolute madness what's happening and what will happen. As a state we just keep taking hit after hit, how much is too much?
Is it this one??

I'm sure there's some more devil in the detail, but on face value, isn't this pretty much exactly what anti-Dan Andrews people have wanted?

The state’s chief health officer will no longer have the final say on how Victoria handles a pandemic, an independent committee will scrutinise key government decisions and public health advice will be consistently made public under a bill to be tabled in Parliament on Tuesday.

The new pandemic-specific laws, which will replace sweeping state-of-emergency powers when they expire on December 15, also contains stronger safeguards to withhold QR-code check-in data from law enforcement and a tiered fines system that will lessen the burden on disadvantaged people.

The new independent committee, made up public health and human rights experts, will not have veto power but will be able to review any government decisions.

All decisions will also be accompanied by a summary of how they chime with the state’s charter of human rights and responsibilities.

Last edited:
Do you trust the bureaucrats and other individuals involved in this process?

I don't necessarily disagree with the lack of trust toward government and business - but I'm curious as to who you do actually trust, and why?

There comes a point where we all blindly trust something or someone.

I always find it curious that some people refuse to trust the government, big business, science, academia and mainstream news - but happily trust Trump, Gladys, some guy making millions selling ivermectin and other alternative therapies, some dude making his living from getting views on a YouTube channel, a random professor they saw on Facebook, or the Hippie selling home made jam at the farmer's market.

Fair enough the lack of trust, but it's weird how that mistrust dissipates so quickly and turns to blind worship of equally untrustworthy sources.

I'm curious as to how or why people land at who they trust, and who they don't.

Back